Seal of Preservation should be a drop somewhere...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Critical Massacre, Sep 28, 2019.

1. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I'm not against Seals as rare drops but people will complain about the drop rate.

It's been a slippery slope since the induction of replay Badges. Paying to get ahead in this game is nothing new. And last but certainly not least...
    I wasn't suggesting a fix, I was suggesting a compromise to the OP. The seals in my opinion are fairly priced.
  2. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

2-4 seals at $5 each for each artifact, multiple toons, dual roles, ect. Thats fair priced to you? I get everyone will have a difference in opinion, but for a game that has a system in place like this, does not cater to alts being user friendly. Also, i dont know if Im gonna get the generic response of "Dont play multiple alts then", but if I do, thats not the point. Its a cash grab, with needing upwards of about 3 SoC per artifact. Ill let you do the math depending on how you or others like to play and tell me if you're comfortable with that. I personally am not. But everyone is different I guess.

A 'compromise' maybe? Yes, you can buy Seals from the Loyalty Vendor. It would also be nice to maybe purchase them with either a heap of Source Marks, or honestly, even Quarks.
    • Like x 3
  3. Minie Well-Known Player

I understand, but the problem is that your "compromise" is unbalanced and 1 sided. DCUO wins by basically getting free money out of players with little to no effort, We lose by being forced to spend (more like waste) money on something that should be earnable.

A better compromise is..

Seals/catalyst stay for sale in the MP-DCUO still profits by the players who are impatient and don't want to grind, and earn goodwill points from the community.

Seals/catalyst are now also earnable through a decent grind-Players can now earn their way to ranking up their Artifacts through time, and if they don't want to grind like the others they can still purchase the seals/catalyst from the MP.

See? We and DCUO as a whole would benefit this way, with the current system only DCUO will benefit from it.
    • Like x 2
  4. topflow619 Well-Known Player

I say to make it a rare drop but not shard of Leo drop rate or you won’t get on unless you’re the 1% that gets lucky
  5. Critical Massacre Committed Player

If you think about it, it’s a real slap in the face for paying members to have to pay again to level up. I mean what are we paying for if you’re forced to pay for additional items just to level. Technically members should get monthly seals freely just for being members. But you don’t want to alienate the rest of the community by making them feel like the can’t keep up unless they are members too, because they’ll just quit instead of joining. So there has to be a way to earn them without paying actual cash.
    • Like x 1
  6. AquiloFury Committed Player

I will say this...as a paying member we get 500 mc or loyalty points. That can get us seals every month. I still prefer to be able to earn them in game. Them being obtainable in game would solve the alienation of non members. As well as getting give members something to work towards while waiting for their monthly awards.
    • Like x 2
  7. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

People have been asking for this since artifacts came out 2 years ago, and still nothing. I understand it's a business and they're trying to make money, but sometimes you need to sacrifice a little for player contentment as well.
    • Like x 3
  8. MrMigraine Devoted Player

At this point, I feel that I must point out that the devs have given away three free Seals of Completion in the past few months. Two of them were temporary, yes, but since I've been in position to take advantage of all of them, it felt pretty generous to me.

Still, even with that, it is my position (and has always been) that everything in a game that labels itself as 'Free to Play' should be earnable through gameplay. Cosmetics, collections, seals, replays, ... heck, even full Episodes with enough grind. I don't think the devs agree with that position, though.
  9. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I feel like this is probably the easiest fix of the situation that we are most likely to get. 30 marks is a good number and at that rate with the odds rate it will still cost you 300 marks for a level 160 breakthrough and 600 marks for a level 200 breakthrough give or take depending on your luck. But at least that feels fair for some reason and that’s much more reasonable than the horrible odds you’d be essentially gambling with.
    • Like x 1
  10. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

My opinion, first make the seals tradable again. Yeah, that still means they are purchased at some point by someone, but for those of us wanting to NOT spend cash on them, it's an option to buy in the broker (as originally intended) and for those wishing to generate in game money with real life money, it's an alternative to replays and getting the gold elsewhere. Obviously that means they need to repair the dupe glitch that apparently existed at some point, but I'd think repairing that glitch is already something they'd want to do. Second, make it a spiff of membership, either by inserting as a 'rare' drop in the Episode reward boxes, or in promethium boxes. Unfair to non-members, sure...but maybe it will be another incentive to possibly buy membership. Third, add as an 'super rare' drop in TCs. that way everyone has the chance of getting some and it's another possible option on those TCs where your choices are between the gear set boots, the cheapest of the collection pieces or 10 quarks. I'd think we won't see them show up on Constantine anytime soon, but for sure that's an even nicer option. If they did ever add them in a vendor, I'm guessing the prices will be ludicrous.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  11. loupblanc Dedicated Player

Seals of Preservation are effective up to ranks 100 (60% breakthrough chance) or 120 (40%) only.

From rank 140 onwards, it makes no sense money wise to use Seals of Preservation. Breakthrough chance from Ranks 140-200 is 20/10/5/3. You have to use Seals of Completion.
  12. loupblanc Dedicated Player

As for Seals of Preservation being a drop, I guess having them in weekly boxes and pvp and Legends pve would be nice.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Put them as a possible drop in Promethium Lockboxes.
    • Like x 2
  14. Critical Massacre Committed Player

You can use them if that’s all you have. With a 10% breakthrough rate you would probably get a breakthrough with 10 seals of preservations. Yes if you’re spending money you mind as well just buy a seal of completion but I’m saying if they can be earned then you would save them up and eventually you’ll get through without losing all those catalysts every time.
  15. loupblanc Dedicated Player

It would have to be a very very low chance such that amassing 10 Seals of Preservation via drops would mean being very very very very VERY lucky.

My guess is Seals via drops is not going to happen. Not worth the potential loss of $.
  16. Zneeak Devoted Player

At the same time, when implementations ike this gets too excessive it has a big potential to also turn big spenders into spending less, aswell as ultimately sending more than a few players out the door. Everything requires a wee bit of balance, that's not the case here.