Ultimate Lantern corps pack a rip off!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by iceman251980, Sep 27, 2019.

1. iceman251980 New Player

Well as the post title says, the ultimate lantern corps pack is a rip off,
    And if that is going to change it will take enough of their players letting them know how they feel.
    So why is it a rip off, well let's start with what you get, 7 lightstream movement mode styles, 8 lantern corps style suits, the complete set of misted and corrupted auras, the complete set of lantern emblems, 30 stabilizers, and 225 source Mark's all for the rather high price of £65.99
    Well only getting the stabilizers and Mark's on one character is not great but ok.
    However the real rip off here is the only item unlocked on every character is the emblems.
    The main reason I bought this pack is the auras and movement styles, now considering how expensive this pack is I felt totally ripped off when I found that unlike other style items auras etcetera bought from the marketplace this pack only unlocked them on the character I bought the pack on.
    You can use replay badges to unlock on alts or new characters, the suits and auras only no movement styles and the auras cost you 350 replay badges each.
    Sorry but if you are going to pay £65.99 to buy digital content you expect it to be on all your characters not only one.
    Please leave your thoughts below.
    • Like x 1
  2. Berza Committed Player

It's cheaper in RB just buy the feats. The lot of feats it gives. Except for the Azure mist aura that seems to be broken and not giving the feat.

Also I think all styles are are account bound so you can spread them around your characters using shared bank.
  3. Krossmark Level 30

That's crazy to hear, they're not available on your other characters through the Redeem button in the Marketplace?

As a side note, Stabilizers are not tied to one character, they're account bound, are they not? I play on PS4 so don't know how the other platforms operate.
  4. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

Considering how many Time Capsules you'd likely have to open for those 12-piece collections for EACH Misted Aura, and the movement styles included, the Lantern Pack is a bargain. If I didn't already have all the Misted Aura feats (except the Azure one, because the drop rate on that collection during the super short Anniversary event was so low), I would have totally bought the Lantern Pack. Especially since I'd get all the auras and styles, and the feats that come with them... AND I'd still get 30 Stabilizers and over 200 Source Marks.

Just getting all the Lightstreams, the Stabilizers, and the Source Marks on the marketplace separately is already as much as (if not more) than the Lantern Pack price. Then you get the Auras and Styles essentially for free. And that's a rip-off? Entitled much?
    • Like x 8
  5. dresserball Dedicated Player

I agree with the OP. I don't think I am entitled. I also will not buy this.

They neef to put all those lightstreams on the MP so you can buy the ones you want.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

Good, that's the way capitalism works. I think you're totally wrong, but at least you understand how the market works.
  7. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Let's see...

Ultimate Lantern Pack: 90USD for Legendary members and 100USD for Free/Premium members.

Stabilizers are available account-wide, so ALL of your characters can use them. The pack gives you 30, which is a decent amount to have on hand.

Source Marks are character bound and you get 225 of them; not a bad start if you need/want vendor gear.

The style items are account bound and can be traded to other characters on your account. This is mentioned in the description of the pack in the Marketplace, in the very last sentence. In fact, ALL of the new bundles have that disclaimer in their description. So those auras can be placed in your shared bank and given to other characters on your account, for example. The movement styles were never available for replay badge unlock. I suggest checking the claim window in the Marketplace with another character to make certain that they are/aren't there. The high price of style unlocking those auras via replay badges is to be expected; they are not easy to get and I think the devs want to keep it that way.

Suggestion to the devs: Marketplace items should inform whether or not the item(s) are account bound, account wide unlock (for example) in the first two sentences. For bundles or anything that does not have a preview picture, the preview pane should describe the finer points of the bundle/item; for example, the Lantern Pack preview pane should contain this: "Use your shared bank to share your account bound items with other characters; the Lantern Emblems will style unlock across your account, the other styles will not" I think this will help players make better choices for their Marketplace purchases.

When considering a bundle purchase for any game, it is best to ask questions about it and/or go to the forums to see if any extra information is available about it, especially if you are spending a lot of money.

In my opinion, even though the price of this bundle is covered by the auras alone, I would not have purchased this pack for just the auras and lightstreams alone as you did. I am going to wait for a sale and then consider buying it.
    • Like x 3
  8. dresserball Dedicated Player

Which part?
    • Like x 1
  9. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

For those who want to see with their own 2 eyes what is included in the pack. ;)

• Like x 3
  10. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

what I want to know is : does it unlock the style feats associated with those items?
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Since you ask.... I will leave my thoughts. ;)

Here the ultimate Lantern Pack is $100. $90 if you are a subscriber (technically less since you get 10000 MC for $84... but lets keep it simple).

The Stabilizers alone represent roughly $30.
    The replays roughly $25??

So that is $55 worth with those alone.

How many $100 did people spend just to get the Corrupted Aura alone?
    Or any of the Mist auras?

The Diamond mist aura alone is worth 2159 Quarks. That aura alone in the pack is good value.

Then you have all the Enhanced Lantern Emblems that can be redeemed for every character.

You have all the Lantern style... excepted for White since there is no White Lantern style. :eek:

And then you have the movement styles.
    The movement styles are worth $7 each on the MP.
    But if you buy them on the MP you can redeem it on every character on your account.
    Sadly in the pack... the movement styles are only for one character.

Would it be better if we could redeem the Lantern Pack fro every characters on your account?
    ABSOLUTELY!

But even if it is not the case..... you do get a LOT of value in the Lantern Corps Pack.
    • Like x 4
  12. Hmmmm Well-Known Player

That it costs to much it isn't a good value. It's a considerable value when you price out all the components.
    • Like x 1
  13. Trexlight Devoted Player

Sorry you didnt know the Pack was Character/account bound. Think they definitely should offer that in the wording but also be sure to research before you make a purchase especially something this high in cost.

Now the price, it is steep. it was $85 here in the States and for me, it was worth every penny. Has a huge lantern fan, someone who has bought and spent way more than 85 dollars in opening the Time Capsules so again, this was a steal. Having them not being available for every character is a downer but as you pointed out, these are unlockable through Replay Badges which for me, its perfectly fine. Having all those styles also on one character is your decision but you can also share them with alts and just unlock the Feats.

I will always recommend people to buy this if they want lantern Styles but of course the down sides you mentioned are things i still mention but spending money on this Pack versus opening Time capsules or going to Booster Gold, this pack all the way. But again, Im also a Lantern Fan and bought it on my Switch. All my lanterns looking goooooooooooood
    • Like x 4
  14. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

does it complete the feats too or is it just styles?
    • Like x 1
  15. Great Architect Loyal Player

30 Stabilisers. Currently priced at ~ 2655 DB Cash.
    225 SM. Currently priced at ~ 300 DB Cash.
    7 Movement Mode blings, currently at at least 630 DB Cash each ~ 4410 DB Cash
    Plus a bunch of unquantifiable stuff.

It's not a huge bargain, but it's not a ripoff either. But would it *REALLY* have killed them to put the Rage and Light Power Sets in there too? I think not.
  16. Tabby Belle Well-Known Player

All these people still not realizing how many Stabilizers they'd have to grind out or buy to finish the 12-piece collections for each of the auras still not understanding how much of a bargain this pack is for people who are new to the game (or don't already have all the styles/auras).

Daybreak gives us something good, and people get mad, because they don't have the discipline to save up $100. Just set aside less than the price of a coffee, energy drink, or burger a day, and you could have it all in a month. I really hope that Mepps and company understand that the people who complain on the forum are the vocal minority.
    • Like x 5
  17. Great Architect Loyal Player

It's not about discipline. I can be as harsh with myself as I like, but my priorities are still, in order, "Food, water, shelter, something held back for emergencies, bringing down the government, DCUO"

...and being a minority doesn't mean you are objectively wrong, vocal or not.
    • Like x 2
  18. The Anxient Loyal Player

Yes it completes the feats
    • Like x 3
  19. Kimone Luthor Genetech Clone

cool. because although I have most of the Star Sapphire and Red Lantern styles, I don't feel like grinding the rest, and to be frank I'm not willing to grind out 50 oldschool Time Capsule either.
  20. dresserball Dedicated Player

It is a good value for you. Not for me. I have most of the items so they are not a good value to.
    • Like x 2