Top Bug - Fixed Controller Support- PC

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Blazing Marauder, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Blazing Marauder Active Player

Anything other than a official Microsoft controller breaks game.

i have a used both a Nacon Revolution Pro and a DualShock 4 on PC for DCUO, it is hit or miss if it works, i.e detected.

30-45 mins after launching the game audio breaks, then game overloads one thread on CPU causing further audio issues, frame drops, system interrupts and eventually the whole system can hang requiring a hard reset
    • Like x 6
  2. DcoyHd Level 30

Hey Blazing,

i recently had this issue when i played Dc with a dualshock 4 controller.

what i found was a soon as the audio breaks or the frames stutter i just unplugged the controller then reconnected it and the game would resume back to normal.

that should help until the issue is fixed.

as of the last week my usb lead broke so i bought a new official ps4 lead and i havent had any issues at all since.

i also no longer run any programs to use the ps4 controller such as dswindows etc
  3. Blazing Marauder Active Player

Yes, this would be my issue. it is a problem, not a big problem but a problem none the less. and some people start game it has this poor behaviour they dont try and fix it, they leave.

with that said it should be fixed or have some resource somewhere stating that such controllers are not supported as when i had this issue, i proceeded to ask support for help and they told me to try a higher refresh rate monitor
    • Like x 1
  4. DcoyHd Level 30

Higher refresh monitor is pointless as after you pass a certain fps the game has movement issues,

Its 100% a controller issue nothing more definitely needs fixing

But as i stated above that is the only temporary fix i have found to work if you have this issue.

As previously stated i have still not had a single issue running the controller direct from an official sony usb without any controller programs.
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My Workaround was "Shadow gaming" (Streaming service) since i thought my Pc was too weak as i tested the latest dlc on the test Server (with a Ps4 Controller). When i connected the Controller to my pc the game got the same issues as you described. With Shadow gaming this didnt happen, even tho i also connected my Controller to my Pc. However that was just a backup plan since its not a free Service and if you have a pc - able to normally Play the game, its not an Option. (1st month is free if you want to test it, but i doubt this issue will be resolved within one Month)
  6. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Steps to reproduce:
    1. Connect Ps4 Controller wireless with Pc.
    2. Start DCUO
    3. Run around/fight anywhere (the more crowded/ the more Players are in the area the faster it starts)
    4. after a couple of Minutes (10-20min.) it starts to lag and Major Frame Drops occur.
    5. after 2-3min. its unbearable and you can't play properly anymore.
    6. Restart the game and then its starting from 1. Point again.
    Especially while in a Raid with 8 Players this goes very crazy very fast.
    I tested it on a rather good Laptop - so it can't be the Hardware on my end.
    A Workaround was to connect the ps4 Controller with the Laptop via Usb. Then start the Game. After a while you still notice some Frame Drops but i guess thats due to the Test Servers recources and its nowhere near as bad as with a wireless Controller.
  7. PyroDark New Player

I have managed to use a XBox One Afterglow without these issues, however my older PS3 Afterglow did this. It took forever to track it to being the controller. I simply had to pull it out and back in the usb every 30-40 minutes, as soon as the sound started glitching.
  8. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Significant improvements have been made here for most controllers. We are going to consider this fixed.
    • Like x 1
  9. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Feedback on fix: works perfectly. Sometimes it loses the Input - as if it reconnects the Controller automatically.
    This happens only once every like 10 minutes or so and lasts less than 1 second. Nothing to complain about.

Well done.:)