Free Material

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Prestory, Sep 17, 2019.

1. Prestory New Player

Is there a way to get any kind of materials?
    I've been playing over a week but still can't get any!

EUPS4.
  2. Trexlight Devoted Player

Some Materials are sold on the later Episode Vendors like Teen Titans and so forth.
    • Like x 2
  3. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Seasonal events often have materials. I'm not sure if free players can use episode vendors at all...
  4. Berza Committed Player

The only material available to free players I can think right now is the April's Fool one. There are others that you can get from Episode vendors, but they require you to own the Episode or have an active subscription, and the required CR. They are also coming from Time Capsules, some as direct drops and the most popular/expensive from finishing collections. You can get those from the broker, but even the cheapest ones will be far away from the reach of a player with so short play time, they will be around a handful of millions. Not something I track, but I think Hacker variants and Time Torn variants are usually the cheapest in EU.
    • Like x 1
  5. myandria Item Storage

Hmm....

Materials are not the easiest things to get, even for vet players. Hopefully Metal 1 will offer a material in the vendor before the event version ends; that way you can get one. I suggest playing the new content and save up as much Metal Coins as possible to be prepared if they do; content materials usually go for 200 (enter currency type here) each. It will take much more time than a week to obtain a decent material, especially if you are a free player.
  6. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Do you mean auras? Can’t recall any seasonals giving a mat, only free one I could think of is the unicorn one as a gift for April fools

Currently the time capsule dropping has a chance to drop metal chroma materials, u can earn stabilizers for free and open those over time maybe, it’s only a chance thou
    • Like x 1
  7. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

wasnt the iridescent material from atlantis a free material? cant remember.

as stated materials have been added to vendors from the past few dlcs but you'll need 200 marks to buy those. The ones from the vendors on Titans Island and the War Torn Village cost source marks.
    • Like x 1
  8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Iridescent Material was a free gift for members, it's currently in the MP. There are no Materials in the Age of Justice vendor.
    • Like x 3
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

No problem, son.
    • Like x 1
  11. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

These are some options.

There is also the Materials from the Teen Titans vendor... but i did not make a video about it yet. ;)
    • Like x 2
  12. Prestory New Player

I'm a premium could you give me more information?
  13. myandria Item Storage

The iridescent Material was one of the items in the Deluge Member Gift Box that was given to Legendary members when Deluge became a permanent event. You can buy the Material from the Marketplace (MP), as this gift box is no longer available.

Here is a link from the wiki: https://dcuniverseonline.fandom.com/wiki/Deluge_Member_Gift_Box
    • Like x 1
  14. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Not sure if it was covered in the videos (can't watch at work most days), but the shimmer material drops after opening 15 Atlantean TCs. You can probably trade for those and 15 caps can be opened for free in about 60 days if you run the stabilizer event every day. You could also open 15 of the current TC, but you are not guaranteed a drop there....the shimmer is a reward for opening 15 of the Atlantean TCs so you'll know you'll get it.

Reinheld
    • Like x 2
  16. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

Funny you should mention it..... ;)

EDIT: Sadly you need to use the Broker now to get Atlantean TCs unless you already have some.
  17. Berza Committed Player

I will mail you (you the OP ofc) 15 Atantean TC, today or maybe tomorrow. In game name is exactly Prestory without special signs? You still will need to farm Stabilizers to open then.
    • Like x 2
  18. Raven Roth Committed Player

"Free" and "Material" in the same sentence? HAHAHA
    • Like x 1
  19. Prestory New Player

Oh, Alright thank you man much appreciated!
    Yes, Prestory no signs/spaces
  20. Berza Committed Player

Check your in-game mail.
    • Like x 1