Dark metal part 1. One word.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by AJPro, Sep 14, 2019.

1. AJPro Committed Player

One word for this DLC...tedious
    The solo is long enough to be an alert, all the side missions are all over the place and the weekly missions are ridiculous.
    I do not hate it, it is just too long and repetitive for me.
    Does not help it is just recycling old missions....i think the solo was an old alert....i know the alert is just the batcave alert of old...oh well.
    I am just upset, that we waited soo long for this DLC and i have played like two hours since drop off and pretty bored. Also having to do solo to start on all my toons sucks...makes the Constantine artifact mission look short
    • Like x 11
  2. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

This episode is definitely not alt friendly.
    Doing the solo, alert, both raids and some open world missions (after the Annex mission which is another force-placed roadblock) on one toon take up most of my playing time with not much time left for anything else.
    Being handcuffed into having to do the solo is not fun.
    The Annex doesn't help but at least that is a one and done.
    It's gone from "Free to play your way" to "You must do this or you cannot play".
    I can almost hear the Egg Thief in the game when doing these instances.
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  3. Azreaus Committed Player

Got to agree - this DLC just feels tired and samey to me so I'll just skip it and focus my time on playing other games for a while.
    • Like x 6
  4. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

Boring is my word. Six months of development for four recycled maps and recycled open world content. Must have taken real technical genius to change the sky in earth 3 from light to dark. This is terrible. Can't wait for my sub to expire at the end of the year.
    • Like x 9
  5. Miss Adora Loyal Player

do have to agree, feels like the boss fights are way too long in the ops, especially the last fight in mom. Not much explanation what to do. Again wish there was a way to go back to each area to explore. Hard to look for briefing an investigations when they are spread all over the place and no way to go back and search since everyone is always in a rush to complete them. Again I don't blame them when the fights are so long and running on multiple toons.
    • Like x 3
  6. BackintheSaddle Active Player

• Warning: The DCUO forums are for everyone. Please be respectful, constructive, and kind. Please welcome contrasting views and stay on topic. Do not insult or attack anyone.
    This dlc is trash, and the dev team should be embarrassed to have put this out.
    • Like x 11
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That quote that you erroneously misinterpreted had ZERO to do with playstyles and everything to do with payment levels. This misinformation has been cleared up on several occasions in the past.

On the actual subject itself, no disagreements from me.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Recycled...
    We didn’t get any content all summer to get a dlc w one new map ( the mr freeze one)

Then the solos have more adds packed up in the rooms then half the raids have in the last 2 years!

I went earth tank after atomic ( you guys may or may not know ive had issues w atomic tank for a long time & eventually switched after my threads got no love from devs but theres a bunch of youtube videos talking ab how the combos are so interruptible) and this month when i get my loyalty points im probably gonna go back to my roots and go gadgets, i get bodied in raids, i see why every good tank is ice... but anyway, idk if ill be able to beat those solos as a troll so I’ll definitely be dps, but i mean its easily 15 adds in one hallway so my gear will definitely break a few times.
    • Like x 4
  9. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I have to agree there is a lot that have been done better with this DLC...

First off I am getting really tired of these "You MUST complete this mission before being allow to enter this zone and play our game stuff" I didn't enjoy it with the Atlantis DLC and I am not thrilled with it this time either. And it is lengthy with a ton of objectives to complete. First I "HAVE" to run side missions in Central City before I can square off against Mirror Master to enter the Museum. Then I fight my way through mobs to finally get to a door I have to solve the mystery code on to get inside and then I battle Red Death who has this annoying habit of disappearing and becoming a non target several times before i can defeat him..... And for all that I get a whole 1 Dark Metal coin.

Then I arrive in Dark Gotham and before ANY contact will speak to me and give me any actual missions I must go rescue Commissioner Gordon. Now I actually don't hate that mission but has everyone noticed by now... You spend time doing that and get no Dark Coin or reward box? It's just a task you MUST complete before anyone else in zone will speak to you.

So for a quick review by the time you complete all the requirements and can actually talk to a contact and get missions you have defeated THREE bosses just to get inside and manage 1 whole Dark Coin for the time and effort put in.

Then we have a trio of daily contacts. Okay they all award 1 coin and an armor drop but we have a weekly that requires us to defeat 218 minions and maybe I just have not gotten one yet but so far the missions we are getting from the Police contacts all so far have involved mobs that have not been affected by the metal.. so they do hand out a coin and armor but are useless in completing the weekly 218?

We have a weekly bounty to attack and defeat affected Teen Titans. Okay so there are only five and the feat is for defeating each one BUT its one of those where you can only get credit if you have the mission for the contact. I would hope by now most have realized that unless they are willing to spend 87 replay badges phasing to battle Star Fire AFTER you just defeated Donna Troy gets them nothing at all... no rewards and no credit toward the feat, Five weeks at one per week is not bad but after all this time and ALL the complaints couldn't the Devs attach some sort of warning? On my main I did Donna Troy, Raven, Beast Boy and Red Robin before I checked to see how I was doing on the feat... and got credit for Donna. :mad:

The alert and raids are not bad but the boss battles can get interesting. I can't recall but is there a single boss that does not spawn and pill of minions and as the battle goes on keeps getting new powers to use on us? LOL This was interesting on the alert yesterday. I was playing my Water ALT in healer role. We got to Bane and no one was even bothering with the mobs that for some reason were all attacking ME. Now I have my load out set so I have 2 shield s and only 1 attack that does significant damage.. the others HEAL. It did give me yet another way to identify a new player that had absolutely no clue what they were doing. I was defeated and this guy raced over .. I figured I was good and he'd rez me. He never clicked on me at al just set down a supply drop and I guess ASSUMED I'd be healed by it? LOL

Now after 5 and a half months of the same end game content while I loved Justice League Dark I was thrilled to get something new to do but I hope they make Metal Part 2 a LOT better.
    • Like x 10
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I only wanted the merciless style,don't care much for this episode sadly it's to much of the same in new wrapings for my part so I'll wait until we get bonus weekends and do things then and play other games while waiting instead.
    • Like x 4
  11. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I like the solo and Gordon mission because I’m not waiting on ques or have to depend on a crappy partner. I swear at least half the time playing the Shazam duo I’d have a partner that couldn’t grasp that you smash the orbs onto Shazam. The solo missions are a great opportunity to explain the storyline and get out some much needed exposition, the problem is they don’t do that either so the solo missions feel tedious with little benefit. The Gordon mission could have been a great way to tell the story with out bogging down the normal instances so that you can just play them, since you only do the Gordon mission once.
    • Like x 3
  12. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

its the revamp of dlcs.
    • Like x 3
  13. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i wanted to use it's waist style with my current outfit, but because it clips badly with both the heart of the lion and last aurochs legs i like to use and that are too pivotal to the style i've made, it's simply not happening. oh well, i guess i'll wait on a trigon's retro look style from the comics for a belt with a skull and dangling chains and a flap hanging down in front and back. shame it drops this DLC'S cash value down to two weapon rack base items i need, but at least the replay value is personally there for me and i'll still have fun running through it :(:).
    • Like x 1
  14. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

And you know whats sad?
    Next dlc is part 2.... so be prepared to run around in 4 more recycled missions
    • Like x 9
  15. Critical Massacre Committed Player

I’m hoping part 1 was just used to buy them more time because part 2 is going to blow us away with new and awesome content but it’s taking a long time to finish it and they didn’t want to make us wait that long with nothing new at all. Fingers crossed.
    • Like x 3
  16. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i doubt it.
    • Like x 3
  17. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

im glad everyone seems to agree for once. heres hoping the devs actually listen to player feedback & take a step back to look at how nobody is impressed with the constant recycles & we just want some new stuff. i remember when maps were new & blue & green gear were actually new styles. even those are reused. new mechanics are all fine and dandy, a few npcs sure, but the main selling point should be the maps and the gear which are severely lacking
    • Like x 5
  18. Zamara Dedicated Player

Every time i've queued into the alert and half of the group has no idea of how to do the switches... it brings back so many memories (i know it's been out for like 3 days but been trying to run it on alts too, at least for the mission)
  19. Elusian Crowd Control

The solo feels so stretched out and the reward doesnt reflect it. The alert is okay. Here feels the reused map okay even. Open world is alright too, only the kill 2xx mission annoys a lot, thought we learned our lesson. Guess not.

Raids are weird. Monsters of Metal felt pretty good. Liked the first boss including scenery and mechanics. Second was okay, at least I could do more then just sit there and heal and nice environment use of the trees as part of the mechanic/boss fight. Last remembers me badly of Blackest Night and other raids that have some odd carry mechanic. False Idols was just lame. Reused maps I was in not long ago and bossfights are straight copied in and to make it "harder" just throw in adds on literally everything and call it "mechanic". Havent played such a boring raid for a long time.

Combined with the bad story while so many golden ones are still not even touched just to follow some short-lived hypetrain makes this - and I bet the next one too - forgettable episode(s). I hope next year goes back to interesting stories with new environments and mechanics that are actual ones and content length based on reward size.

As said not everything is bad but some things overshadow this time the good ones too much for my taste. :(
    • Like x 8
  20. Draconiano Committed Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 8