Account bond Artifacts, biggest development update

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by wisetoons, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Per a post from Mepps several months back, "unattended play" is against the TOS... meaning if you have any kind of automated device doing these actions for you while you are off doing something else, like going to work for 8 hours, you could come home to find your account locked.
  2. Zamara Dedicated Player

When i said running i didn't mean actually running but more like doing scripted rotations over and over on an area where ads spawn often, the guy i saw was doing his rotation against a wall, he still was able to kill ads around him and he had been there enough to spawn around 10 sub avatars.
  3. Zamara Dedicated Player

I meant ads, as in enemies, I've seen people have their characters automatically doing rotations, if you want to transfer account bound nth metal from alt to alt that's 100% fine with the devs and is why some nth metal is account bound and some is not tradeable.
  4. Zamara Dedicated Player

I know it's against the TOS but they only get suspended if they get noticed and reported, i don't think they have any way to actually discover those people without someone else telling them about it. And the ones that i've seen I recorded them and reported them and those who do it know it and have their ways to not get noticed, but i won't go too much on details as it's just giving lazy people ideas.
    • Like x 1
  5. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Good....let's start with the unattended spam bots who stand in the corner of a PD/Club or in the WT and spam chat all day.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  6. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

I remember seeing someone in Central City just standing there doing Tap Ranged for hours day after day, KOing the same Paradox Reaper spawn. At first, I thought it was for the 5K Reaper feat... but after several days of seeing him (I did the dailies for a fast 2 MoV's each), I realized it was for the lockboxes and Nth Metal. So I guess one way is to get a controller with a "turbo" function, and put a weight on the Ranged Attack button.

I don't think it's allowed, though, and don't advise risking characters or accounts. I get enough Nth Metal just playing the game for my enjoyment. If artifact leveling is causing you grief, stop worrying about it, and be patient. Having them at 80 or 120 is more than enough for normal content. And if you can't be patient, and you just HAVE to get them maxed out... but also don't want to spend the time or money... I suggest doing something more productive and enjoyable with your time.

It's a game. If you're not enjoying it anymore, I urge you to stop playing, and be of a happier and healthier mindset doing something you do enjoy.
    • Like x 1
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It is against the rules to use macros for that purpose.
  8. DANGERMEN88 New Player

It's impossible to run multiple alts on endgame without high rank artefacts. I really like the idea of account bound artefacts that's will make it possible to run harder content like elite versions on my alts but at the moment my toons are just useless. And now u will bring level 200 artefacts . It's impossible to reach lvl 200 on multiple toons without spending thousands of $$$. This isn't the right way. This is a big reason to quit the game again.
  9. Fallenfrieza New Player

I agree whole heartedly m8. Lvlin up the artifacts is hard enuff on 1 toon let alone multiple 1s. Why can't it be like the feats? Pay replays to unlock lvlz on alts?
  10. Subway87 New Player

Account bound artifacts sounds like a great idea Wise. Someone mentioned earlier about getting multiple alts artifacts to 160-200 something that would be near impossible unless you spent a ridiculous amount. Don’t get me wrong over the years I’ve probably spent a lot more as I’m sure all of us here love the game but I fear that this would not be viable from a business perspective as it would make our lives easier yes (count me in) but will make their pocket lighter. It’s a shame as a lot of people have multiple alts which they do enjoy playing on but this kinda kills that really. Being able to play your alts at the highest level makes the game more fun and diverse with different roles/powers etc. Artifacts are seen as a long term investment or an expensive upgrade for the impatient. That being said I’m all up for something that makes our life easier and the game more fun in the process.
  11. Avii New Player

I agree with all the comments.
    I play several characters.
    I'm from the rogue side but that side is dead. So I started on the hero side and found lovely ppl there and they are helping a lot.
    But I always hang behind, because my artifacts are not at max lvl.
    Everyone have a catalyst problem ...
    Of course you can now buy 200 SM for 2250 MC, but that's really overkill.
    I like the idea of accepting Artifact LvL like Feats and I would even pay for it too.
    Account bound Artifacts sounds good to me, just not sure if that is working when you have to switch a character really fast.

Things have to change, too many ppl quit already.

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  12. Kal~el Committed Player

Never happen. Not saying it is a bad idea it just that DCUO would not benefit from something like this.

Why do you ask?

There is not enough content to keep you playing unless you are chasing feats, gear, or leveling up an artifact. If they made artifacts account bound or made it easier for you to level them then it would take away a means to keep people playing.
    • Like x 1
  13. Brit Loyal Player

At this point, I would be thrilled if Artifacts just didn't occupy inventory and instead were a selectable menu like Augments.

Making them account-bound would be nice, inasmuch as Artifacts are one of the many areas where the game is not alt-friendly. But since the game is already very anti-alt in it's attitudes, it wouldn't upset me terribly if it never happened.
  14. High Troller Loyal Player

welcome to the forums

Feel free to refer to my guide to Reporting Players at the bottom of my signature
  15. Berza Committed Player

As it is right now, there's tradeable Nth metal, platform restricted. Nth detectors are tradeable, the caches they drop are, and the metal they drop is tradeable. Obviously, someone has to buy detectors from the MP, but once they are on broker it becomes a thing of using in-game cash.
  16. wisetoons Well-Known Player

All i say is i am not going to spend thousands to make my 6 toons with maximized artifacts, if they were accound bound then i should consider to level up all artifacts for use with my toons, i really don't think it will reduce the DBG sales, i feel just the opposite, if it happens people will have courage to increase their artifacts, at the moment after lvl200 artifacts, i will only keep looking my alt toons artifacts, i ll finish elites with my main and the community will look for players to run elite content but there will be a few ppl.
    Also note that if this happens, i am pretty sure there will be a lot of comebacks to game, artifacts are cool but having them seperately on our toons is just not good, also note that when we get gifts we get them as 1 per account, this makes alts unplayable with maxiumum fun atm
    best regards
  17. wisetoons Well-Known Player

I have been discussing that topic with my friends on server, all want that but mostly says DBG will lose sales because of this, but I am pretty sure that will increase DBG sales for sure.
    I play with 6 toons and focusing on my main toons artifacts only, there is no option for me to focus other toons artifacts, I don't think people will focus on their alt toons artifacts even worse scenario after level200 artifacts.
    I believe that if that happens it will be a salvation for DCUO. 1 week has been passed and on villain side EU PS server people are struggling to get groups for new raids and even for new alerts, many villains migrated to hero side and playing over there, I would like to run elite content on villains too but in such a situation I don't want that, many people don't want it too, now time for focusing on main toon time, no more alts are desirable and population is going down, more people quitting because of the gap what artifacts caused, and as time passes the gap will increase, I am not asking for make the game easy, account bound artifacts will make the game very fun again, more people, more SALES for sure.
    I hope DEVS will consider this, this will not cut the sales if any, this will just make SALES bigger, ALL players will have a reason to increase artifacts to max level because they will able to use them with alt toons, that is really required.
    Best Regards
  18. Mass D3struction eups New Player

I couldn’t agree more wise. It’s about time this became a feature in the game
  19. SekretVillain Loyal Player

Something needs to be done for artifacts. As it is its terrible for casuals or alts. If it was like I mentioned a few days ago where when you hit each milestone 20,40,60,80 ect you got a feat even if it's 1 of those N/A feats. The point of each of these feats is that if unlocked on a alt it cuts the cost of everything in half. Say getting to 160 takes 1.6mil XP it now takes 800k for 160 on a alt, and the catalyst for rank 20 instead of 2 Dion it would be 1 and so on. I think this would be more doable then creating a new UI tab ect
    • Like x 1
  20. BumblingB I got better.

The devs don't care about alts, only single character accounts. The only bone they gave us was the 50% off with feat purchase, but that doesn't help the actual grind for alts, just alt roles.

Anyways, I like the idea, but the "new" progression is artifacts and augments. It's how they avoided doing a level cap increase. They were always planning to continue to increase the artifacts and the augments.

Of course you could always shell out $$ to buy nth metal.