New Powerset Ideas

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Raven Roth, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Raven Roth Committed Player

In the future if they decide they want to add new powers, these should be considered.

Sound

Role: Controller
    Power Interaction: Vibrated
    Inspired by: Vibe and Pied Piper

Blood

Role: Healer
    Power Interaction: Bleeding
    Inspired by: Brother Blood

Elasticity

Role: Tank
    Power Interaction: ?
    Inspired by: Plastic Man

Gag

Role: Controller
    Power Interaction: Dumbfounded
    Inspired by: Mr.Mxyzptlk and Batmite

Love

Role: Can go any way really
    Power Interactions: Impassioned
    Inspired by: Carol Ferris and SS John Stewart

Kryptonian

Role: Tank
    Power Interactions: Same as Earth, Fire, Flight, and Ice
    Inspired by: Kal and Zod

What do you guys think?
    • Like x 3
  2. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

*you hear a deafening silence*
    [IMG]
    *a bird pirches itself on a tree and looks around but remains silent*
    • Like x 1
  3. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

I get why you suggest Kryptonian - there isn't a power that really represents what Superman and his super cousins do (Ice as suggested by the character creation 'inspired by' arguably doesn't really work for Superman and co, even if it is closest among the existing power sets given his freeze breath and the Fortress of Solitude in the antarctic).
    But isn't the set of Kryptonian powers essentially covered by existing Iconic powers (Heat Vision, Super Strength, Freeze Breath), combined with super speed Flight, plus various knockback/etc. resistance things in the movement modes, and accumulated stats to put your damage resistance through the roof? (I think there used to be an X-ray Vision iconic power a long time ago as well, but they probably had some good reason to remove it.)

For all that Superman and co have endured for decades (and remain popular), they're basically flying bricks, with various tacked-on powers that lack a central unifying theme besides the 'alien in a yellow sun' backstory.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Superman and his fellow Kryptonians, I'm just not sure if there's enough there to fill a whole powersets worth if you factor out the Iconic abilities we already have, and the 'flying brick' attributes that can be emulated with Flight and the right skill point allocations.

(I have an alt who's kind of my version of Supergirl, complete with Flight and the Iconic powers - whose backstory in my mind has her picking up Quantum powers in the Phantom Zone before finding a way out to Earth.)
    • Like x 1
  4. Templarx1z5 New Player

Cybernetic/robotic/power armor. Shoulder mounted or wrist mounted micro-missles or mini-gun, Back mounted cluster bomb mortar, 6 devices that detach and hover above and around the toon and emit "focusing beams" then a chest beam fires for a devastating beam attack (think death star). Scan that detects weaknesses lowering opponents defence for a short time, a gravity beam (chest weapon?) That does moderate damage that also grounds and pins opponent to the ground and disorents (knock down and stun), 6 devices (as above) that fly out and surround an opponent creating a stasis field that holds the opponent taking them out of the fight but making them invulnerable for the duration. Block would be a semi circle forcefield that pops up when blocking. Etc.
    • Like x 1
  5. lllStrichcodelll ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Power interaction: Polymerization

There you go :)

Now its complete and ready to be forgotten in the Dusty Archives of "New power Suggestions that won't ever happen" :rolleyes:
    • Like x 2
  6. Doug D New Player

I was actually thinking elasticity should be a movement power.

You know how skimming is just flight with different animations and stuff? Elasticity could be acrobatics reskinned.

Anything using the grapple line turns into something using a stretched-out limb.

Anything using a leaping or bounding move turns into something where your legs or torso stretch out to cover the distance.

Throwing knives becomes a move where you "grow" and stretch out a hand, to damage and knock back foes.

And rocket-assisted glide, of course, becomes an actual glide, perhaps with your arms reshaping into wings, or a flying-squirrel style webbing between your limbs, or if you wanted to get as silly as possible, a full-on plasticman "turn my whole body into a paper plane" thing.
    • Like x 1
  7. slyvanman New Player

This is an excellent idea for plastic man! He's been left out of this game for far too long! If there is another powerset, it should be Plasticmans. & I rather like the idea of him turning into a plane and flying around. Just as we have seen on the Lego games. We should be getting new powersets every two years, if we can get people out of this "mesmerizing" rut they are in, so to speak.
  8. slyvanman New Player

This could be called "Cybernetics". I like this idea as well! Definitely a troll power here.
  9. slyvanman New Player

[quote="Raven Roth, post:
    Love

Role: Can go any way really
    Power Interactions: Impassioned
    Inspired by: Carol Ferris and SS John Stewart [/quote]

I'm pretty sure that somewhere else on these forms, old players, have posted about the allowment of changing the colors of the light powers, which I think would be less of a hassle than creating a whole new "light" powerset. Perhaps, in changing the color, it can replace the P.I. with the P.I. designated for that particular Light Set. This change could be offered on the Market Place for the same price as a power respect token. Just a thought here.