Chroma Metal Boxes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by jamiejacket, Sep 6, 2019.

1. jamiejacket Well-Known Player

Hey guys,

Been a while since I posted a thread (or for that matter commented)

I really love these new metal chroma materials & would love to see more of them. Perhaps a gold & red one, blue & gold one, red & blue one for my iconic styles.

I’d love to hear some other suggestions.
    • Like x 4
  2. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

A set of Cosmic Chroma would be nice. ;)
    • Like x 3
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. SkullGang Devoted Player

6. FoolsFire Devoted Player

7. GoldenDodge Dedicated Player

I am hoping the next resurgence capsule has a powerset metal chroma.
    Like the powerset materials but with chroma features added.
    • Like x 5
  8. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

That would be awesome and allow you to tint the other colors that would be epic
    • Like x 2
  9. Vuri Well-Known Player

I dont mind chromas but I'd rather get something new and original ,not even more reskins or retextures,I mean literally EVERYTHING in the dark metal Tc is a reskin except the gear and maybe the ink material so I love DCUO so its time for something New(That we haven't seen).
    • Like x 2
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

The Ink Material is a dark grey reskin of the Liquid Material. The Laughing Knight gear, the La Mort Card Accessory, the Minotaur Helmet and most of the textures of the varying Chromas have never been in game before. You could also include the Orange Flux Fire Aura but it is reminiscent of the Shimmering Amity Aura.
    • Like x 2
  11. Vuri Well-Known Player

The chromas are retextures for example the Dark Chroma is a first color variant obviously but its literally a recolor/retexture of the Booster Bundle Chromas so No it isnt new and the Orange Flux Aura looks like the Solar Aura if it had a Beta,Red umbral and Pink Ultimate Auras are recolors(Nothing new) as I said the Laughing Knight gear is new and fresh I love the style but all the Materials/Auras(Aka the only reason 90% of players buy TCs) are nothing NEW or ORIGINAL.
    For example when the Time Torn Material came out it looked nothing like the Phoenix,Void,or NSF or anything before it, it was original and fresh.
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

For the Chromas, I want a new Patriotic Metallic Chroma (Metallic Red, White (or Silver) and Blue! :D
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I didn't say the Chromas themselves were new, just the
    unique textures that aren't copies of the BB version.
    • Like x 1
  14. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

And even if they're not new, the variations alone open up new styling possibilities. I'll take any chroma way over "new" materials that cover over everything evenly (whether it washes out details or not).
    • Like x 4
  15. Vuri Well-Known Player

I'd rather something new and original but If its gonna be something unoriginal i'd rather atleast a Plasmic Material,Nimbus Material,or Smoke Material Hell i'd rather a color changeable NSF Material be in the works before We get our 20th chroma..Maybe its just me tho.
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So you SERIOUSLY would prefer some amorphous blob material like this Blue Smoke Material...
    [IMG]

...instead of Chroma Materials that give you more flexibility, don't totally destroy important costume details, and can help you blend together mismatched textures like this....???
    [IMG]

Your tastes are odd to say the least. I'm just extremely happy that we've gotten more Chromas after the Booster Bundle (which had abysmal chances to get them), and hope more color combos will be on the way in the near future. Don't worry though, something tells me that the more "take over the entire style" version of "unique" materials aren't going anywhere.*

*[I'd feel differently about those materials if we could use them in the color palate channel of our choosing. Due to their tech limits, that's not possible...so Chromas are the next best thing, in my opinion.]
    • Like x 1
  17. Vuri Well-Known Player

Well since you have the IQ of a Grade Point Average.NO the Smoke material wouldnt look like that Obviously the Smoke Aura is black so it would be more like the Cloak of Shadows but with an intense animation to match the aura,Im just not understanding why on gods Red earth your asking for even MORE chromas rather than something new or 100% color customizable mats(NSF,Phoenix,Forcefield,Chrome,Time torn,ECT)That would be AWESOME,a Red and Pink Time Torn Material...Would be AWESOME,A option at a purple NSF material with Green Lightning...AWESOME,A black Forcefield Material?AWESOME because the colors would be unlimited. but nope you want 20 more Chromas THAT YOU CANT COLOR instead of 100% color changeable mats or something new and fresh.
    And Fun Fact: I wear Void,WAAY more than chroma even tho its not as "Unique",but who doesnt?
    • Like x 1
  18. Wonder Wiccan Dedicated Player

Ok 1st what on gods green earth makes you think that a new material would be color changeable? In the history of all the materials introduced in this game only 1 material has not been color locked and that is the cosmic material. And even that is because people flocked to the forums and twitter to gripe and the devs caved. Let's look at some of the materials shall we. There is Phoenix material. Blue Phoenix Material. Red Phoenix material. Time torn Material. Gold time torn. Icon material. The slightly more orange icon material. Can't remember the name. Magma material. Lava material. Golden age material (reskin of the time torn) the devs can make 7 times the amount of money by releasing seven color locked versions of the exact same material and slight variations there in. And btw the only reason anyone wears void material is for bragging points. Oh look at me my style has lost all texture and detail but it's black isn't that cool? Heck even the ink material is a reskin but the effects save it
    • Like x 1
  19. Vuri Well-Known Player

You do realise you made my point for me right?
    All the materials you named are extremely limited to customization
    And you clearly said people basically convinced the dev team to unlock the Cosmic for color custimazation..so why cant we do that again for multiple materials?
    Not once did I read "Green Phoenix,Brown Time Torn,red icon" oh wait I apologize you like paying for reskins instead of making them yourself.boowoo
    And also ,Wrong people wear the void because its extremely Versatile and flexible color wise and it just looks good,its not a dark reskinned phoenix nor is it just different colored METAL...

*1 Year Later*~5th Mega Chroma pack(Brighter Chromas+New Textures)
    *Could've Been*~New Radiation Material(Color changeable)
    I Will forever be Flabbergasted.
    • Like x 1
  20. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Ok i have no horse in this race but this is not accurate. Besides the cosmic, there are other materials that arent color locked. The void. The bioluminecent. The liquid. So including the cosmic that's 4 of the top of my head.
    • Like x 2