Coming Soon: Metal Part I

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Mepps, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Metal Part I

The Dark Multiverse has breached our own. Dark Knights and The Batman Who Laughs are wreaking havoc across the worlds, from Central City to Themyscira, from Oa to Gotham City and even down into the Batcave.

Batman is missing.

It's up to you.

Our next episode, METAL PART I, launches September 12, 2019, and will be followed by a concluding Part II in December. Watch this livestream preview for a first look at what new environments, characters, and styles you can expect to face in the episode.

The episode is now available on the public test server. Join us!
    • Like x 11
  2. inferno Loyal Player

You couldn't see me (THANK GOD) but when you guys started showing the open worlds I gave you all a standing ovation. VERY WELL DONE. Now on to test.
    • Like x 1
  3. FoolsFire Devoted Player

4. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I missed today’s livestream. Someone told me we are getting The Question mask this update. Is it true? Or are they just messing with me?
  5. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Yeah, it is, Investigator's Mask will be added to JLD vendor next weekend, along with some other rewards.

[IMG]
    • Like x 3
  6. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

Awesome! Usually I don’t do iconics that everyone will be wearing but I am definitely getting that piece and putting it in an armory. Goodbye Hellstrike, hello Victor.
    • Like x 1
  7. SpadeofSlade's Active Player

• Like x 1
  8. Spyeedy Active Player

Donnaaaaaaa Suit! YAAY!
    • Like x 2
  9. myandria Item Storage

Silly Question:

Will the Event version of Metal 1 persist into Metal 2, or will the Metal 1 Event version end in December. I don't remember hearing you guys saying anything about that; if you did, then I missed that part.
  10. Gassius_Spray Loyal Player

I was really hoping to see either or both the Murder Machine style and DawnBreaker styles. Maybe in Metal 2. I want them.
    • Like x 1
  11. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

And let me guess. It’s too late in the episode to release a full costume style, we got new materials in the time capsule, we got a new orbital strike from the giant monster thing mission, and we don’t believe in sidekick styles.
    So let me guess. The other rewards include either a movement style, accessory, or henchmen (probably daemonite henchmen).
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I can get over that they did not give us helmet of nabu for the second and last round of episode vendor items :(
    • Like x 2
  13. merrygoblin Well-Known Player

As nice as official sets for these guys would be, constructing a decent looking Murder Machine or Dawnbreaker look isn't that difficult with the existing styles. The Dawnbreaker, for example, is mostly green lantern sort of styles (bonus points for using the Green Light powerset with it), with a batman cowl. No equivalent of the pipes into his head yet, but the ones on the shoulders from Metallo's Maw come fairly close. The Murder Machine is kind of the Beyond High Tech styles (minus the wings). Especially the enhanced Beyond High Tech with the glowing lines. The Qwardian chest works well to put the Murder Machine emblem on it. Looks good with the Mechanised aura/material. The Traces In Time shoulders coloured red work well for those glowing shoulders when he's flying.

The others, on the hand... No equivalent I know of for that distinctive winged helmet of the Merciless.

I'm glad to see the Batman Who Laughs styles in the TC - there's just no equivalent for that spiky ringed cowl, or that coat for example.
  14. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Closest one is qwardian helmet,a tank style.
  15. Multiverse 15000 Post Club

That is great news. Will finally have a proper face for the Question. ;)
    • Like x 1
  16. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Anybody notice the hairstyle on the Question mask pic quoted above?
    • Like x 1
  17. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Question's mask, Constantine's hairstyle, Shadow material, Daemon head style, Daemon henchmen, that's 5 new additions.

Constantine's hair style will be there too. :)
    • Like x 2
  18. Shalandor New Player

"I can't get over that they did not give us helmet of nabu for the second and last round of episode vendor items :("

I too am really saddened by the fact that there was no Helm of Nabu with this episode as well especially when Dr Fate was such a significant part of this Episode's lore.The cape and the belt were excellent and very welcome additions to the game and seemed to tease the addition of the helm only for us to be disappointed.I'd been saving up Demohedrons like crazy in the hopes that we'd get it in this last batch of Dark content.Don't get me wrong I'm very impressed with the other items they've added but I feel a little crushed by this development.As such all I can do is humbly entreat you devs to add this classic piece of gear into the game going forward.Dr Fate is a great character and an important part of the DC universe that you guys have presented(He even plays an important role in Metal).Please make this happen.
    • Like x 1
  19. RunfromDanger Man Dedicated Player

I honestly did not notice the hairstyle in that picture. I was too excited about my man Question finally getting some faceless time on the game but if you had given me a few more days...I probably still wouldn't have noticed because I'd still be looking at that mask. lol
  20. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Which could mean that they might have decided to save the helm for one of the Metal DLCs.
    • Like x 1