If dcuo had a battlepass would u buy?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Trexlight Devoted Player

Battle Passes are mainly in MOBAs and Fortnite adopted the model too. The Battle Pass System does work but it is not a system MMOs can nor should adapt to. The Battle Pass model would indeed work with PVP but only in theory as the rewards given in Battle Passes dont mesh with MMO's PVP. The system surely can be tweaked regarding giving certain boosters but the "gear" rewards would not work. Plsu like others have said, it is not something that would be tied to Subscriptions. It could certainly but the money gained from the Battle Pass model would ultimately result in a loss of revenue in my opinion.
  2. Brit Loyal Player

A battle pass does not really work in a game that already has a subscription model. Essentially, a battle pass is a way of having a subscription equivalent in an otherwise free to play game, but without labeling it as a subscription or assigning it to auto-renew (which makes them slightly more popular for parents to give to their kids).

As a subscriber, I personally do not feel the current subscription model gives nearly enough for the money invested. It is decidedly "Subscription Plus" where the intentions is that they want you to sub while also making additional microtransactions for things not covered by your subscription. The subscription itself includes a lot of frills that don't necessarily hold a lot of value (like how 10 extra character slots sounds like a ton, until you realize that nobody in the game is effectively playing 16 characters at the endgame level). The subscription definitely lacks in providing some of the resources that the players actually want to pay for though, creating a situation where many players have discovered that they can drop their sub and just do microtransactions to "get more for their money".

The subscription model definitely does need an overhaul. First and foremost, this $15 per month to rent a $10 DLC needs to go. If you are sub'd for 3 months, it should come with PERMANENT unlock of a DLC. As for Time Capsules, I'm fine with them existing, but the differential between Subscriber and Premium needs to be more than just 2 fragments per day. At the end of the month, when my $15 only actually nets me 4 extra time capsules, it makes me look at months like June/July/August have been and consider: if I had unsubbed and spent that same money just on Capsules, I would have way more stuff and wouldn't really have missed out on anything.
  3. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

That would be a big H. E. Double Hockey Sticks Trix Are For Kids NO!

As Trexlight stated, Battle Passes are for MOBA's and Battle Royale games, where players are more likely to complete missions and achievements in a short amount of time. MMO's are not very compatible with a Battle Pass system. It would have to be targeted to free and premium players, because subscribers and lifetime members already have full access to episodes. A Battle Pass would give nothing more than access to episodes so free/premium players can complete mission objectives within a certain amount of time for a reward; no cash cap increase, no inventory/character slot increase, ect. I would not want to pay for that; if I did not have a subscription I would just buy the episode bundles as I can and play the game at my leisure and not have that type of pressure.
  4. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

Ummm No thank you something like that isn't for me.
  5. Burning_Baron Loyal Player

Battle passes are even worse than lootboxes. Any compnay that does them proves that they do not care about the player experience or pockets.

You are tell me it is okay to charge 20-30 bucks and then tell me have 90 days to try and unlock a particular skin? If I'm paying you 30 dollars I want my cosmetics or accessories up front. It is a scummy practice all around.
    • Like x 1
  6. tinoman Dedicated Player

Yeah, it would be better than time capsules imo. A battle pass rewards you for playing the game and has levels of free gear each time you hit a different tier. Which is fairly easy to do just takes time. Or you can pay to max out your tiers. You can earn styles and in-game currency on Fortnite. But, the reason Fortnite is so successful is all the new styles and emotes. You actually get what you pay for instead of gambling. Time capsules is such a crap shoot. No one enjoys paying for capsules. I know its free to open. But, theres only so much capsules you get free each year. Btw, a battlepass is only ten bucks every season. A season lasts for like 2-3 months if i remember right.
  7. Fission Active Player

No. Battle passes are the worst thing to happen to gaming since lootboxes. In a perfect world I'd choose to have neither.
    • Like x 1
  8. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

I was thinking more of a complete x amount of solos, duos, alerts and raids ( around 5-10 each) within 2 or so months & earn a new reward every 5 mission types ran

And aye brit we’ve talked ab this in past threads, as long as everyone is ok with spending $15 a month for a raised cash cap no improvements will be rasied.
    It could easily be either buy the battle pass for $5-10 or buy legendary once per “ season” and have it included, could even put it on the loyalty point store.

Now im not saying if they had battle passes id buy every single one... but this entire summer there wasn’t anything to do & a battlepass would have gave us something to grind out.

Even if all the rewards are one set of armor & every 5-10 missions you unlock a new piece, then somewhere along the line there be a new accessory and aura then finally the max level be a mat... itd be a guarante that if we put the time in we’d get the items instead of gambling