If dcuo had a battlepass would u buy?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dark Soldier, Aug 18, 2019.

1. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

If the devs were to replace time capsules with a battlepass and base it off of some type of missions completed per season progression would you guys buy? More and more games are starting to have them ( rainbow six pass was announced today thats why i bring this up) and we love to complain about loot boxes so this could b a alternative, as unlikely as it might be...
  2. Proxystar #Perception

So you want me to pay for a battle pass on top of a subscription?
    • Like x 9
  3. Rainnifer Committed Player

I'm not a fan of battle passes, they seem pretty...exclusive. I don't play any games that have those included mostly because those games tend to not be my style.
  4. Ryazan Dedicated Player

What even is a battlepass? o_O
    • Like x 4
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Heck no make it be 1k loyalty points so if u buy one month legendary u can also buy the pass
  6. Isif Committed Player

Not sure of the battlepass concept. Is it like buying episodes?
    • Like x 1
  7. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Gotta echo the above questions. I have no idea what a Battlepass is.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

If it's included in my lifetime sub, I'll take whatever it is...LOL
    • Like x 2
  9. SkullGang Devoted Player

10. Draconiano Committed Player

God, no.
    Don't give them ideas.
    I hope Jack isn't near here.
  11. EconoKnight XIII Legion

Is it like the Disneyworld fast pass except you have to fight your way to the front of the line?
    • Like x 1
  12. inferno Loyal Player

I already do, but here in DCUO its called subscription.
    • Like x 2
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

[IMG]
    • Like x 6
  14. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Nah.

For as many complaints as TCs get, we get them from playing the game. Not from playing certain parts of the game, but the game itself. Solo, duo, alert, raid, heck even collection hunting has the chance for giving us a TC. Given a choice about how to get the shiny stuff, I'd much rather go about it while playing what I want to play rather than being pushed into content I have little to no interest playing.
    • Like x 1
  15. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

What's a battlepass?
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

"In the video game industry, a battle pass is a type of monetization approach that provides additional content for a game usually through a tiered system, rewarding the player with in-game items by playing the game and completing specific challenges. Inspired by the season pass ticketing system and originating with Dota 2 in 2013, the battle pass model gained more use as an alternative to subscription fees and loot boxes beginning in the late 2010s."
    • Like x 3
  17. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Ah, so replace a system that lets me earn rewards as and when I have time (like opening TCs months after they have stopped dropping) with one that says, "Hurry up! You only have six weeks to play X number of missions to get your prize!"

Nope, not buying that, thanks.
    • Like x 4
  18. Isif Committed Player

Ah, thanks for the explanation. So its just another form of a funneled grind. If TCs and their loot were subscription locked, then everyone would sub up. I would have to say "No" to the Battlepass.
    • Like x 1
  19. Dene Devoted Player

Thanks.. oh god.. like some kind of weird treasure hunt dcuo style
  20. StealthBlue Loyal Player

At this point, no.

A battle pass would be for one of two things (if it is in any way different from a subscription).

It could be for pvp, which is not in a state to warrant paying extra for anything related to it at this point.

Or it could be for additional pve instances/rewards, which means development resources would be needed to create and maintain them. That means pulling resources from bug fixes and episode creation, with you'd only lead to a longer gap between episodes.

Oh, by the way you only get 500 loyalty points a month. So 1000 loyalty points for a battle pass would require 2 months membership and be a forced use of those loyalty points instead of giving a choice.

I suppose you could mean something different, like a status between member and premium, where you are still "renting" content like a member, but don't get the full benefits of a member. So maybe something like $15 for 6 months, and you have access to the latest 2 episodes and possibly a higher cash cap than premium, but at the end of the 6 months you no longer have access to the end game versions of the last 2 episodes, and if a new episode comes out during your battle pass, you still only have access to the latest 2 (the new one that came out and the previous one), and don't retain access to the 3rd oldest. For example, right now you would have access to jld and Atlantis, but next month it would be metal pt1 and jld. Though judging on your comments, this isn't what you meant, because you think members would be buying the battle pass as well.
    • Like x 1