Xbox one or PS4?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Neph, Aug 17, 2019.

1. Neph Dedicated Player

Hey guys,

I'm sure most users here are either new and don't remember me, but I use to play this game pretty extensively back in the day. I originally started on the PS3, played through the migration over to the PS4 and then took a hiatus untill the game was released on the Xbox One.

My question is simple, what do the servers look like on the two platforms. I was thinking about logging back in and wanted to know which platform was more populated with players.
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I wouldn't know for sure because I don't have an Xbox (or population numbers LOL), but my guess would be PS4 would have more in part because it's paired up with the PC players.

It may not be a huge number of extra players, but the PS/PC server is the only server with two platforms playing on the same server.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

US PS/PC is more populated. The XB populations were so small they had to merge the US XB with EU XB into 1.
    • Like x 6
  4. inferno Loyal Player

5. Triumph or Die Well-Known Player

While true that the PS4/PC server(s) are more densely populated, I prefer quality over quantity. On the PS4/PC server(s), you have to deal with constant gold spammers and the broker economy is completely ruined. The Xbox server doesn't have ANY gold spammers whatsoever and the broker prices are usually reasonable. As for being able to run lower tier content....now, that's a problem. Everybody wants to do end-game content. But, it's still possible.

I started out on PS3, then migrated to PS4 and eventually Xbox One. I prefer playing on Xbox One any day.
  6. Neph Dedicated Player

Thank you to all who have taken time out to respond today, I pose a few questions.

When PS5 comes out next year, how long will support last for the PS4 players? Will the PC population be shifted to cross platform with the Xbox players after the PS4 is no longer supported by Sony? Will this game even become backwards compatible with the PS5 even though it is stuck using the Unreal 3 engine?

Am I worried about issues that are too far down the line? Will there still be viable content released for this game at that point in time?

To ask is it worth the investment is up to me, do I find it enjoyable enough to play once more? lol
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

PS5 will be backwards compatible so that won't be an issue. Even if Sony cut support for PS4 (which would be several years after PS5) players can choose to migrate to PS5 and continue with the same PSN account just like what happened with PS3. Daybreak will not separate PSN and PC servers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Elijah Seed Well-Known Player

Xbox has a decent sized population and you CAN get things done. BUT! if you are able to play on PC or PS I think you'll be happier. Unless you enjoy the exclusivity of the Xbox version of DCUO which has it's own "flavor" of play. Which is not necessarily a bad thing. I have been exclusively PC from launch 8 years ago and when I played my free one month trial on Xbox it was just too different for my liking. I absolutely dislike HAVING to pay Microsoft to play a "free to play" game like DCUO. Free means free - not HAVING to pay a third party.
  9. Neph Dedicated Player

Thank you for all your input! I have decided to play on my PS4 account! I want to go legendary but I want to wait for a deal, not trying to break the bank from the jump!
    • Like x 1
  10. G-PRYME Active Player

Hey Neph I Remember You We Use To Be In League Together A Few Years Back Ps is the best option higher population I think I still play on ps
  11. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Welcome back!
  12. Neph Dedicated Player

G-Pryme! of course I remember you! The Legend.

And who could forget Mister Migraine, always ready to run anything!
  13. myandria Item Storage

Memberships do go on sale from time to time. One of the best ones is the Black Friday Membership sale. I usually take advantage of that one at the 6 month or one year membership level because the price comes to almost half off.

In the meantime, you may want to consider getting the bundles when they are on sale, as the bundle sales happen more often. I got the Ultimate Edition for half off and that one gives you Episodes 1-26, the power bundle (water power is a separate marketplace purchase), the shield weapon, the lair system and the skimming movement mode.

Keep in mind that the PS store will sometimes have sales that the PC version will not have, and vice versa.
    • Like x 1
  14. Neph Dedicated Player

Thank you for reminding me about a Black Friday deal, I was going to sub for a year to save money that way, but I could hold out for a bit, maybe pay month to month for sept/oct
  15. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

I'd for sure hold off going member for a bit. You can hit the event version of JLD and use the drop gear to build up CR, assuming you are lowish CR from your time off. Likely you wouldn't be able to play much of the stuff between where you left off and the event versions anyway for now so you might want to build up CR first then hit the ground running for Metal. Also, you can't count on a BF sale lowering the price anymore. Last year they actually increased the price but added 'value' with some materials and bonus items like replays, etc... I'm hoping they drop that and have a 'sale' price again as they did in years past, but maybe not.

Welcome back,
    Reinheld