8 Years And They Still Can't Fix The Mail Problem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Rockhound665, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Mailed stuff from one of my characters to another and after 20 minutes I just gave up. Why there is still issues with the mail 8 years later is a head scratcher. It's worse than the real USPS.
    • Like x 4
  2. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

The problem could be alleviated if the Shared Bank could be used for more than just items that fit into Inventory Slots. If we could put currencies into it, there'd be no need to email things to your other characters. :oops:
    • Like x 7
  3. farfarmans New Player

a quick tip, buy the cheapest item from the broker and your mail will arrive with it.
    • Like x 9
  4. Hraesvelg Always Right

I came to post this. It flushes out the mail queue.
    • Like x 2
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Wow I have never had a 20 minute long wait but have always wondered why if I am mailing , as example, cash from one of MY alts to another one of MY alts why it takes soooooo long. They are all on the exact same server so if I can log the first Alt off, switch characters and be back on with Alt #2 in like 1-2 minutes then why can't the mail travel just as fast?

I would like to see the shared bank extended as talked about. And no I am not asking to be able to "share" marks but if I can email an alt in game cash from another why not just add a spot where cash can be stored so any alt I chose can grab it? THINK of the possibilities? I create a brand new alt and as soon as it arrives in game and hits level 9 and has access to a lair I could be grabbing thousands? Millions in cash to help buy armor and soda. hey i DO it anyway with emails but now it could just be there waiting for them when they arrive.
    • Like x 3
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Yeah...I always wondered if that was just perception or if it really pushes it through, but indeed a 1$ purchase does seem to get it done. Heck...if you don't want to purchase something, list something worthless for $1 ($0 listing fee) and then cancel it....will trigger a mail too and should get the job done with no money spent.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  7. HEALB4 Level 30

A tip from a beast: Just type some random letters into the Subject box and the big Box and the mail should arrive much faster. No problem
    • Like x 2
  8. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

I'm going to 'speriment with that.
  9. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

It just bugs me that some of the problems we had in year one(many of which were from the infamous GU4) still haven't' been fixed.
    • Like x 1
  10. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

I have tried that: it isn't THAT much faster.:(

In my opinion, the mail system is slow because it is used constantly by the game itself (broker, feat and mission completions, ect) and players. I agree with TechWarrior to have the shared bank extended as talked about. Mailing items between characters on your account should arrive just as fast as a purchase from the broker.
  11. dresserball Dedicated Player

I had where all my archived mail was lost. They told me I would have to tell them the subject, who mailed it , ect. In order to get it back. I said I archived it so I wouldn't have to remember that. Mail sucks. Support is worse.
    • Like x 1
  12. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Or put up some junk your self also works haha,been doing this for years :)