Cash Cap Should Be Higher.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by dresserball, Aug 6, 2019.

1. Irvynnge Loyal Player

would be the most palatable of solutions, I think. every time you buy an episode, they bung another 1000 on your cap. but the cap should never be in line with full membership access.
  2. Great Architect Loyal Player

Exactly - and the cap is already easily defined - it need be no higher than *exactly* what it costs you cash-wise to buy the most expensive thing on the vendor for that Episode. Which is 9950 ingame at present for JLD.

The absolute limit currently for Premium players would be under 10K ingame currency. About 3.3x the current limit.

Is that game-breaking?
    • Like x 1
  3. Great Architect Loyal Player

I agree. I do. And I also "pony up" when I'm not subbed. Something a lot of other people do not do. Nobody is talking about a cash cap of millions here. But I get the feeling you've read the first post, and then dropped your opinion bomb without quoting who you were replying to?
    • Like x 2
  4. Irvynnge Loyal Player

5. Beard Maaaan Well-Known Player

Exactly, as a premium member I think I should be able to use every part of an episode I buy. With soda enhancers or catalyst types costing more than my cash cap, I'm being cheated out of what I purchased. They should make those costs equal to the cash cap or raise the cash cap of the owner of the episode equal to the highest cost item in the episode.

P.s. After dying 6 times fighting the shadow golem, I went to repair, expecting to spend all my 2000 and saw my limit was 3000. Still had to sell a plan to cover the repair costs.
    • Like x 3
  6. Anri Myst Active Player

Instead of raising the cash cap I feel that letting free to play players use their escrow for repairs would be enough, while keeping everything else as it is.

That way to use the broker or the usual things that make you go over the cash cap you need to sub, while repairs for free to play won't require friends to donate sodas or something, with the delay of selling them before repairing keeping the raid group waiting if they wait at all.
    • Like x 2
  7. Great Architect Loyal Player

I have a theory on Repair Costs, and am off to test it ;).

Done. In every instance where you are being clamped up, your gear is irrelevant. But the repair costs are astronomical if you are wearing endgame gear.

I just bought a full set of Renown Vendor Gear (Level 34) and ran Chaos Gotham with it equipped. No change to my effectiveness. Total repair cost:- 13 ingame per piece, as opposed to between 88 and 175 ingame per piece for my full CR gear.

Just buy trash armour. The worse, the better. This ought to work in *every* instance where you are told that you are being "buffed in this instance".
    • Like x 1
  8. Psycho Tech Dedicated Player

i for one thought it was hilarious. almost a decade in, "here you go guys, 1000 more $, dont spend it all at once" it was a good chuckle for the day
    • Like x 3
  9. RealTegan Dedicated Player

I've always thought this, or some variant of this, is the best "solution". Allows Premium players a little more flexibility while not impacting the benefits of full membership. As a full member, this doesn't bother me, nor does it make me in the slightest bit inclined to drop my subscription.
  10. dresserball Dedicated Player

Why don't you just do that now?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Because I enjoy the perks of having a subscription...

Was that a serious question?
  12. dresserball Dedicated Player

Yeah. You said perks as in more then one. But earlier you stated that only one, the money, would cause you to unsubscribe.

I subscribe because I enjoy the game.
    • Like x 1
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You were speaking of a hypothetical large cash cap. One I could survive off of if I let my sub lapse.
    Currently there is no such thing so I have no reason to let my sub lapse.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

That was uncalled for.
    • Like x 1
  15. Rainnifer Committed Player

"no offense" after deliberately offending. If you have a counter argument to what they said then present it instead of sitting there and insulting them.
    • Like x 1
  16. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

I did a lot of times and people still saying the same ******** ***** about not increase the cash cap. IT ISNT BAD! is good **** but ppl want to give some extra value to their 15usd monthly spend and that is stupid... the game will not colapse for a few coins more for premiums, period. And increase 500 and 1k coins after 10 years of this game is annoying and more insulting than all im saying. This game will not die for a few coins more... in 2012, i guess i dont remember well, SOE (the old name of DB) was hacked and the devs decide to give a legendary month completely free for all users in compensation for the shutdown of the servers... A MONTH! OF NO CASH CAP FOR NOBODY... unlimited access! and the game recover by itself, and nobody dies, and the game rise again after the hack and just for that kind of measures carried out by the SOE staff... that **** is allready tested so all arguments against that fkn fact are stupids!!
  17. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I actually find it more offensive that you didn't try discussing any of the points I put forward and resorted to, well, that.

Way to stay classy there, sparky.
  18. willflynne 10000 Post Club

The hack happened when the game was still a subscription game. It didn't go free-to-play until after the hack. NOBODY had a cash cap at that time.
    • Like x 1
  19. Barry Allen Well-Known Player

No it wasnt cos i remember i was playing for that times as free player and i had the 1rst legendary for free, and some others as Christmas gifts... so IT IS TESTED! and in grater level than just coins i mean, totally free and the game still up, there isnt any valid argument.
  20. Rainnifer Committed Player

I see, but you should calm down a bit. You don't see the others raving mad with their points against people like you who keep bringing up your side about it not hurting anything. Stay civil and respectful and your points would be taken more seriously.

There is too many variables for you, me or anyone to claim to know the real solutions for these problems. Only the devs and people who handle the game can and will choose how they want to run it. It's going to continue to be an argument between players, the best thing you can do is calmly present your points and maybe one day a dev will take it into consideration. You cannot expect that to happen though.

About your points, the free month of access would be a gift because of a hack which would be a major threat and possibly cost people lots of money too as well as many of that player base leaving the game/system because of the risk of staying, doesn't mean they'd do such a thing again for not much reason.
    I personally am fine dealing with the cash cap of 2k (now 3k) and didn't have too much of a problem repairing my gear as long as I wasn't careless and died too much. I can see the logic behind the cash cap increasing by say 500 or 1000 for each DLC you purchase as premium, and I am against the cash cap being entirely removed. If the cash cap were to be removed then I say broker access should be changed to be restricted for members only (Or maybe an added purchase of "broker access" for premiums.)
    Because we can't lie and say the broker is not a major factor in why a lot of players would sub or petition for cash cap removal.

Also I'm still struggling to see why you insulted that person for what they said, all they were saying was how messing up the current system would be dangerous for the expenses of the game. The cash cap is definitely one of those sensitive features that they need to be careful with how they go about changing it.

Just be happy they increased it to 3k, I mean after all you are saying a little bit more wouldn't hurt right? There you go. They're not going to remove the cap entirely for free and premiums.