JLD New Rewards

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Valka Lynx, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Hawk Active Player

Yep, this DLC has felt like a chore. Even T4 which leaguers were like the "tier that never ends" I at least enjoyed. Maybe, because Prime was actually challenging throughout? And that wasn't even elite. It came down to knowing your stuff. Not to say FOAe or SGe have their challenges, but its comes down to relying on your group (which makes sense). But if someones not on the ball... That and this dlc everyone seems so damn cliquey. I almost got kicked from FOAe because my heals were below the other healer, during the Fate fight, before the books. Seriously, you want me to just power spam for no reason? I can drain my power bar like nothing if u really want, stand next to NPCs and drop supply on them just to make me "look" good.

TBH I kinda like the break. Granted I still need feats out of the content, but for sanity's sake it's nice not to have to feel like I have to be on everyday. Granted like some I have several toons. In tier 5 I ran 4 heroes and 3 villains. Then 6 heroes and abandoned the villain side (sorry guys too hard to get in to content. Heck some of our leaguers login as heroes and switch to villain to get content done.) when I returned in like tier "8?/ or whatever Titans was" with the CR jumps and back down to 4 toons... looking on may go down to 3. I think myself and only one person has had the time and patience to deal with Elite raids to max out renown, for elite gear. And that was just a grind. I don't replay and max myself out in the beginning so the circles kinda get smaller with people trying to complete Elite runs. Hell, I miss Gates where we would group up, start forming and just run into "familiar faces". Hell that's where I ran into most everyone, I know in game. Now it's just feels like the games lost it's spirit or joy. Basically, it was fun back then now it's like pulling teeth to get things done. /whine
    • Like x 2
  2. BumblingB I got better.

This is quite how I feel right now.

I've been having a lot of personal issues going on that has taken my play time from me. I love this game, but the way the game is being put out there makes me want to just stay away.

I didn't like the content of JLD. From the story, which I never was interested in, to the gameplay. There is too much time sink to very little actual gameplay. The duo is absolutely boring, from the waves, to the put balls on dude bro. The alert I've ran twice and I don't ever want to run it again. Once with someone telling me the shortcut and once I pugged. The pugging is as it should be, a nightmare, but with the short run I just felt it was not very good.

The raids are unique, and have a different gameplay elements to them, but I don't like the fact that they are limiting the norm all to world build.

I want to come back even with the little time I have, but looking at this DLC makes me just go login to the monthly stipend, then log out and go do something else.

The game has started to become something other than what it was. The dev team is better is some aspects of the game, but has also hurt the game in others. I can tin foil the hat all I want, but the game has definitely become almost cringe worthy of not fun. Was it a build up? Was it a perfect storm? I can't say, but it started to change around AF3.
    • Like x 1
  3. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

What made alot of people less interested in this dlc is the dark magic / demon stuff.. when this dlc first dropped there were actually alot of threads about this, more then 1 or 2 .. while yes this may seem like a weird issue only weirdos had i can tell u that back when my dad played he refused to touch the trigon dlc, said he doesn’t mess w the devil marks & weird rituals they did, and im absolutely positively if he was still able to play he wouldn’t have been with this whole na wolf demon stuff either.. and i swear my dad was not a weird guy, he just didn’t think doing devil rituals & dark magic was a cool concept he was a older man around 45 so that might have played into his beliefs.

JLD to me was a good opportunity to get dr fates cape ( imo one of the best capes in the game bc it doubles as a back & shoulders) i also am hoping they put his helm in the game & its color tint so i can turn it silver & rock it w the lex corp chest..

ive said this many times before, the hank henshaw boss fight is one of the best we’ve ever had, trolls keep manhunters stunned in the back, dps kill turrets, tank keeps hank in the middle & healers heal ... i miss missions like this