Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by myandria, Jul 25, 2019.

1. myandria Item Storage

Ok.. I'm just going to say it; remember I make marinara from those tomatoes.

There are about 10 pages of the Void Uplink in the broker at the moment. :eek: This is ridiculous; it is how the Shimmer Material went from tradeable to Account Bound.:rolleyes:

In my opinion, all of the recent rewards/vendor items should have been account bound. There is enough overpriced items in the broker already and the last thing that is needed is ANOTHER popular item flooding the broker.

SMH...:(
  2. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i was just going to start a thread thanking all the people who bought the ones i put on the broker this morning for fifty million dollars a pop but i'm actually kind of shy so i'll just put this here...
    • Like x 7
  3. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

5 mil is overpriced? /Thread
    • Like x 3
  4. Ekart Committed Player

They were under 1 mil yesterday on EU. How is that overpriced?
    • Like x 1
  5. Zneeak Devoted Player

Not sure what you are suggesting here considering you are mentioning 10 pages on the broker. Are you afraid that people will buy up the cheap ones and try to sell these expensive later on? Or are you trying to suggest this is currently an overpriced item? Because if that's the case, I suggest visiting broker more often than the first 2 minutes of something new going live. It's dirt cheap.

In fact, when completing my 50 kills for the Bounty-feat i had 7 of them drop and you don't actually need the mission unlocked for it to drop, either. So yeah, it's going to take a good, long while for this item to become at all "overpriced".
    • Like x 1
  6. hazard099 Active Player

broker is out of control lol i made 160 million in two days selling stuff you can get with a weeks worth of grind,let the greed continue.
  7. Jcal Dedicated Player

Oh jeez! Well done.

*claps*
  8. FoolsFire Devoted Player

Third posting I've mentioned this...Got the Void Uplink Device while loot locked. And according to the Feat list I've only done it 14 times. So, I have a feeling everyone who does the full 50 will probably get it at least once. So, save your money.
    • Like x 1
  9. Dene Devoted Player

I don't see how this affects anyone *shrugs*

they are dropping like rain..
    • Like x 3
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

11. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

The same thing could be said about the Shimmer Material and look what happened to that. Just sayin. *shrugs*
  12. myandria Item Storage

Well yes, it is overpriced in my opinion, even at 1 mil if they are dropping so frequently. More importantly, however, there are just too many pages of them. Since they are this easy to get, I do not see why they shouldn't be account bound, especially since the content is still in Event Mode and will not be cut off until September.
  13. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

So with people complaining about having very little of value to sell on the broker to afford high priced items, you want the Devs to take yet another item off the table for these players? Your logic is confounding me here. Also, 1mil is hardly expensive/overpriced on the US server.
    • Like x 1
  14. Zneeak Devoted Player

Lol, well it's nothing compared to ACTUAL pricy items. This item won't hit any sort of pricetag near that considering it doesn't share the rarity that some of those items has.

But they are account bound AND tradable, so how is that actually a problem in this situation? You want it accound-bound because of what reason, if it's so easily accesible already? Your logic doesn't really make sense in regards to deeming it an overpriced item that needs to not be tradable.

It is in fact not rare, it is in fact cheap and will stay cheap because of how common it is and it is in fact a drop that does NOT need the mission unlocked to have a chance for it. I just don't see the issue you're raising in terms of why the item should only be account bound as opposed to being tradable as currently.
    • Like x 1
  15. Valka Lynx Dedicated Player

Nope, never got one. Done it 50 times on main and several times on alts, never saw it drop. Must be a bad luck. :oops:
    • Like x 1
  16. myandria Item Storage

Well...

There are plenty of things to sell to the broker that have value; the issue is how easy or hard are they to obtain. Players want valuable items to sell for the least amount of work involved to get them. The Void Orbital Strike has become that item. However, there are so many on the broker that the *value* of the item is not even worth 1 mil, or even half of that, in my opinion. Making them account bound would at least give some value back to the item; what is wrong with *earning what you want?*
  17. Hollows Active Player

Thanks for this informative thread. I'd never of known about this item had I not seen it. The Void Uplink goes great with my cosmic char!
  18. Zneeak Devoted Player

First you say it has become a valuable, hard to get-item and by the end of your post you're stating how easily obtained and low in value it is. You're contradicting yourself.

I mean, what is the best scenario? An item with terrible RnG that goes for millions upon millions and almost forces a lot of players to have to buy it off the broker, or an item that is easily accessible, tradable and userfriendly to get even if you have to purchase it off the broker? I don't see what your issue is, especially in regards to just having it be account-bound.
    • Like x 2
  19. myandria Item Storage

Umm..

I never said this item was hard to get.

Perhaps my point was not clear and I do apologize if it wasn't.

I was pointing out that players want valuable items that are easy to get (least amount of work) and that the Void Orbital Strike has become that item.

RNG is never the best scenario from the player perspective, I agree with that. However, I still say that making them account bound is better and should not be hurtful because this item is easy to get.

20. inferno Loyal Player

Leave the drop rate and its trade-ability alone. This way every player will get a good chance of getting it and broker prices won't sky rocket too high and then we get complaints about over-priced items or broker manipulation.
    • Like x 4