Would th real reason pvp DNT work plz stand up

Discussion in 'Battle of the Legends (PvP)' started by Pvpdoesntworkczcombos, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Pvpdoesntworkczcombos New Player

What's the real reason it doesn't work???

I'd like to know your thoughts.

My reason Combo powers.

They used to be interruptable but if you haven't noticed it isn't like that and it's always been that way. How ever your power was set up in pve that's how pvp would B.

We're going to use Light as an example since it was the first one.

Lw - when it spun you could block it and now it's not like that. If you could block it then it be worthless in pve thus messing up the power. <<<<<This is the main issue across the board.

I"m not gnna go into every power but old RSF wasn't just used cuz of grenade jump cancel and speed it was next to zero being interruptable.

Personally I was hoping they would have changed the combo powers in the revamp and made them not combo if that meant better balance and pvp being fixed.

I think monetizing it now after it being completely missing from the game you'd see more pros then cons from players.

Overall if there had to be a revamp to remove combos for the sake of pvp and balance I'd be all for it.

People gotta realize it's two sided with this game that if it's spammable in pve then it is in pvp.

Light constantly lost dmg cuz of falling from interruptable combos.

Then last minute they add @ the revamp you get a better bonus for going into a combo. No one wanted that junk and prolly is why hand clap is great cuz they added that junk last minute.

Revamp the interrupts in combos and if it means getting rid of combos then do so.

I can't believe they're not fixing this.

"Pvp revamp " if it breaks said power then fix power while doing it.

This isn't hard to figure out out.
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

They said SM wasn't coming back. They kept real quiet despite numerous threads to bring back SM. Then out of the blue, a brand new SM.

They said no plans for PvP. They've been very unresponsive on PvP. Wait. Watch.
  3. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

As lovely as that sounds I don’t think that one will be true :( wishful thinking though. They may not have lied about working on that one lol
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Well before fixing PvP, they need to balance weapons first. I don't think PvP be can be revamped properly without reworking weapons. I'm not holding my breath but they can't ignore PvP forever.
  5. xAcHieVeD Well-Known Player

That’s true, but knowing how they work nowadays probably won’t be till 2021. It’s really a shame because pvp in dc was honesty my favorite in any MMO dc has a unique combat and they’re not even popular especially how well superhero films are going right now.
    • Like x 1
  6. Brit Loyal Player

Balance in PvP is something that people strive for, but balance in itself doesn't need to be the make-or-break. Look at some of the more popular PvP games in the world right now: League of Legends and Overwatch. Not all champions are created equal. Some people are better than others; they've got their "tiers" and whatnot. Not everything is perfectly balanced, and they just accept that. Eliminate the extreme outliers and accept the rest, with the individual players being responsible for adjusting to the existing Meta. "Oh, this new champion is better than the other one I liked. Now I should switch or fall behind." It's the same thing we see in DCUO with "Oh, Precision Bow Flurry is better than PlayFromTheTray. Now I should switch or fall behind."

PvP doesn't have to be perfectly balanced to be successful. Other games don't hold themselves to that high standard, and they do quite well.

What PvP needs now more than anything else is simply a CR102 set. We exhausted all the rewards 2 years ago, and we haven't got a new set to grind for ever since. In an MMO, you will not see players investing large amounts of time into a gameplay mode that has no rewards. We need a new PvP set at least once per year.

And considering the game saw 15 new style sets in 2018, I'm sure they could have taken one of those and used it as a PvP style instead.
    • Like x 1
  7. De Hei Active Player

PvP is and was allways better for precise oriented player. Fights between "good" players will never allow big combos. The common fight will be done over common attacks with different short combinations and superpowers to clip the animation.
    Everything that needs longer then 1-1,5 sec and is interuptable, will be interupted. So the easiest way to play PvP wisely is via weapondamage. You can deal weapondamage without influence from powers. This negate all of your agruments... i am sry there, but that is like it is :confused:
  8. Broken Soui Dedicated Player

PVP is defiantly not about weapons now lol. It's all spam now. Atomic/rage combos, Electric spamming, etc. And things like atomic pulling off node every 1 second is broken.
  9. Soul Dedicated Player

[IMG]
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

K.
  11. Tsavorentless Dedicated Player

I can honestly say the only real things I'd want in the future is another pvp dlc/ episode and a fix to pvp and it's open world then maybe feats being added to pvps open world phase. You'd have to wear pvp gear in arena and you'd get 1shot in pvp wearing pve gear. You'd have to do legends until u got a set to go into arena which was really pretty close to how it was when it came out.

Besides pvp I'd want some kind of buddy system where you get some kind of referral to give to a new player so they're subbed free for a 2weeks or month. To add to that the players that helped new players there were feats related to helping. There needs to be a way to bring new people in.

My last one would be adding another city like ccity to add more to it but I think adding another city looked more possible with letting go ps3 but then adding the switch now probably puts that thought out the window.

I know I brought other things up but that's wut I'd wish in this game.

Back to pvp I'd be for monetizing pvp
    Like they did before and the feats be a 100 matches not wut they nerfed them to the ground like before they used to be 500 and it should make it last and still not be ridiculous. I'm for the lockout of them unless replaying them if it means making it matter again. Also they could add a new mod kiosk in our bases for mods related to just pvp so it's not one sided like having a million pets like before. Pvp used to be great and it needs to be worth it again. I wouldn't care about them adding a pvp type time capsule.

They need to really address pvp.
  12. SugarHoneyIcedTeaMix Well-Known Player

my personal opinion.
    Powers cant be separated to function differently in pvp and pve.. or so we've been told. Combo powers losing the ability to be countered created the combo spam we see today. Power regen is kinda nuts especially for powers with a strong 100 power cost spam. When the developers actually get around to doing adjustments they don't adjust powers properly..... cant adjust a power to be beatable in a 1v1 setting and expect it to function well in 4v4 and above. Balancing pvp is going to require a game plan and a set way pvp can be played(meaning if its power spam till your power bar is empty stick with it, hybrid mix between weapons and powers stick with it, or simply weapons.... stick with it and build) I would love to see a hybrid build of pvp but I'm probably the minority of a minority group so I dont think i'll ever see that pvp again which is fine because daybreak or the developers dont care about customer satisfaction. All about the profits. I'll just move my funds to that rare game that keeps my focus for more then 1 hour a month
    • Like x 1
  13. Aerith Rose Committed Player

The real reason it doesn’t work is because you have the same mechanics for PVE and PVP. Things that worked well for PVE used to get needed because of PVP. Finding the balance for all powers all weapons for both PVE and PVP is hard. The PVP population is so low Indont see much resources going in PVP. Never know though.
  14. Ninjaboy Level 30

Odd how PvE and PvP both worked harmoniously Pre-2014.

This isn't CoH / CoV where they never intended PvP to be a part of the game. That instance they had to create two seperate major rule sets.

PvP was a fundamental pillar and selling point of this game in preproduction and post production (prior to 2014).
    • Like x 2
  15. Magnificent Loyal Player

Aside from powerset/weapon FOTM changes to make them all equal (or at least equally viable), I wouldn't mind seeing RPS (with a bit of a modification for tank v tank as well as healer v healer so those fights can't just go on for ever and ever and ever) and the old countering system/penalties/rewards come back.

I would also like to see Marks as rewards return to open world PVP as well as adjustments to either the costs of new gear pieces or the amount of rewards for wins/losses. The returns of gear vs cost to get each piece is ridiculous to the point of being prohibitive to all but the more hardcore PVP folks.