Devs be careful

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jun 27, 2019.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

To who you all listen to. This SM for example. Most groups used water, but the same players in those groups complained about shield spam in current DLC elite runs which got all healer shields turned into 100% SC. Now they're shield spamming to beat SM and the controller buff to resto and Dom is making ice and water way OP in 4 man group SM. Again, constant complaints about prec, but none about water, ice, and might power regeneration edging out controllers
  2. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Pretty sure groups preferred to utilize Water Healers because their shields did not overwrite the Tank's use of Hard Light Shield. Once you got into the higher rounds, any non-Tank player getting hit, even with a shield up, would result in their demise. The Devs really need to fix the Hard Light Shield getting overwritten issue. It has been well documented for some time now.
    • Like x 7
  3. ALB Dedicated Player

So it has nothing to do with shield spam and how much stronger the stroller buff make them? 2 things can be true. It don't have to be one or the otger
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

In earlier rounds there is no doubt that the shield spam from water helps everyone. However, once player's get into the high rounds it helps on very few attacks, but it won't save a non-Tank player that is hit by a direct assault from a boss's attack, even with the Troller's Claw buff being applied.
  5. Dark Soldier Dedicated Player

Wait... people cried ab healers using shields in pve? And the devs really made them 100% sc? Hiw did i miss this?
  6. Akaiko Well-Known Player

From what I noticed as I lurked (I did not read anywhere close to everything so I'm sure I'm missing stuff), it appeared to mainly be about shields being used in conjunction with the eye of gemini. GU93 basically made using electricity's group transducer much harder (which I'd know since I main electricity & the difference was obvious; I don't play raids as much anymore due to those changes). There were changes to quite a few things related to super charges, but as the only one that affected me was group transducer, that's the only one I really know.
  7. MaryMagdalene_DCUO Well-Known Player

Water's not the go to for elite raids. Nerf water because it's viable in SM? Geez you gonna nerf the next overly used healer power in SM after that? LOL let Water have his shine and quit crying
    • Like x 1
  8. Monkeyboy Committed Player

Edging out controllers? I see most groups asking for 2 tanks, healer and battle trolls in later rounds. Have even seen people asking for battle healers. It's called Survival Mode. Healer SC increase was because of the Eye of Gemini. Trollers shields can still be used the same way. The only real solution for "this is too OP" or FOTM powers is complete homogenization. Could you imagine how Nature feels with no SC shield? I'm fine with OP abilities being called out but without a fix offered, the only way to appease most is homogenization. All classes would have same abilities and only difference would be ability name and graphics.
    • Like x 1
  9. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

coming from a healer myself this is something players dont realize.

waters shield dont overwrite the tanks shields like the other healing powers do.. as a healer myself i had to sacrifice my shields and not even use them because of this.

its part of the reason you see alot of water healers now
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

I watched a solo healer heal a 245 earth tank in Cote in his first run. Cheerios was the best healer on villain us and he was water
  11. ALB Dedicated Player

Fyi I haven't seen you in one "nerf DW" thread using the same excuse. DW is getting nerf because of round 30 in SM. Turnabout is fairplay my dude
  12. kingmasternova Loyal Player

When the healers super charges got turned into a 100% super charge
    They should have done the same with controller supercharged
  13. nowburn4it Loyal Player

Got excited, thought I was about to see a good ol' fashion Dev threat...Oh well...
  14. Monkeyboy Committed Player

While what fair is fair, I'd rather them keep it how it is. There is usually only 1 troller in raids. The Healer SC was aimed at Elite content where constant shields are not intended and understandable. Turning it into a Troll vs Healer debate only hurts game play when each role kind of needs each other.