DW prec and SM

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by ALB, Jun 26, 2019.

1. ALB Dedicated Player

A lot of players are complaining about how DW prec was the only way to beat SM. Even though it was mainly because of the battle troll set-up. Anyway, why haven't anyone complained about Water heals(who my buddy Cheerios tried telling people how OP it is) and ice tanking? The Devs will nerf DW and maybe Bow, but will leave nature, gadgets, earth, cele, rage, and wolf/gorilla nature heals as is. How do this make sense? All the above powers are better or at the level of Bow prec and gadgets, nature, and Hl is stronger or at the same level as DW prec.
  2. Yaiba Committed Player

I wonder where is nature dps in SM? :p
  3. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Theirs proof of other healing powers out their completing survival mode even something like sorcery that is considered one of the worst healing powers in the game has a video out there completing it. I will admit water has a slight advantage because of the way you can play the shields.

As far as tanking... this comes down to how skilled the players are at tanking. This is the hardest role in the game and truly comes down to the person behind the sticks. I have seen both ice and rage tanks still get slapped in survival mode even on adds. but i will admit here to that it is rare to see a fire or atomic tank in survival mode

As for DW prec, if you say those powers are just as good as precision on single target then select anyone of those powers and complete rounds 1-30 as single target might without switching to prec and backup that statement, if they are as good then why dont we see it? why are all sm videos precision flurry shot? i will tell you why.. if you select the correct powers to go with prec and your prec artifacts are maxed you will get smoked it doesnt matter what might single target you want to try and big up. but besides that you have the best mobility at max range with the weapon, you dont have to stop rotations as you would with might in certain situations you can jump cancel / hop around continuing your flurry shot.

its deeper than just the damage aspect.
    • Like x 1
  4. Shark Dental Devoted Player

Don't forget the lack of power management.
    • Like x 1
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Players are using DW because it burn no power and there is no dps. They want trolls to buff resto and Dom by 7% each which make the shields a lot stronger. Round 30 is getting beat by players without dps. 2 tanks, trolls, and healers, so I can't show a group beating it without DW, because it's no dps. So both of you all points are moot.
  6. ALB Dedicated Player

Fyi nature gorilla ST is smoking DW
  7. spack2k Steadfast Player

Gorilla is mediocre when it comes to react fast and avoid incoming attacks, you need to perfectly know the ability rotations of a Boss in SM to be able to avoid them in time which you can lose sight of easily if u need to pick up teammates and also one needs to build up SC before entering that mode again after dying which will happen .... its just not comparable to DW spam, being able to avoid the "dove tail" by jump cancel while reapplying the dps at such a fast rate at any given time is also key to survive in SM.

overall risk vs reward ... DW is unbeatable even if they should nerf the dps of flurry shot ppl will still keep using it because of the balance potential of survival and burn.
    • Like x 3
  8. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

you can be competitive with it if you have the venom wrist at 160 and know what your doing and you dont have to really stop your rotation and can just focus on burn without much interruption but even with that its not smoking a expert prec player. *at least i have never seen it. my old league was a precision league and we had 1 nature might dps who knew how to properly clip the hand clap with gorilla and he would keep up.. he didnt get smoked nor was he doing the smoking he still was behind by a couple mill lol.

Nature (if you know what your doing and have the right 3 artifacts to go with it is one of the might powers that can definitely compete no denying that.. youll have to invest in leveling the venom wrist just for this one power and just to keep up)

Thing is when you look at survival mode their arent players flocking over to either of these powers everyone still shouts for prec and prec players are the ones beating sm as DPS. how many nature vids are out there? probably zero. Flurry shot is more simple, more reliable and will still outshine might when it comes down to it.

even if nature became the new meta that can easily be nerfed if necessary. weapons need a whole new rebalance that takes longer to investigate. probably why its on radar and cant be fixed right away.
    • Like x 1
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

Prec DW players can still beat all powers without the right artifacts?
    2 equally skilled players, a might, nature, acrobatic, healer/dps will win on ST. Vs Bow prec, it won't be close with new pet artifact. Rage and earth both out pace Bow prec. It's a bunch of people trying to nerf what they don't like. Fyi it's battle trolls using DW for the most part. Not dps
  10. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

a dev already stated their always watching, they see the streams, youtubes all of it. When you have everyone running to the same meta its eventually going to get looked into. bow/Flurry shot was already talked about before SM and now during SM everyone is just proving the point about it. it was on radar before SM as well its something the devs were already aware of. survival mode just further shined a light on it

prec vs might in SM is extremely one sided thats just the cold hard facts so one sided that even the support roles spec into battle support to do the same thing the prec dps are doing with flurry shot mastery. you find this ok?

waters heals
    gadgets trolls
    ice tanks/ Rage tanks

their are alot of these running around SM too but their is more diversity in support roles everyone is not just the one same thing like you see with dps flurry shooting every single round.
  11. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

yall think its fair for sorcery, water, electric etc etc might dps in survival mode? They dont even get in groups

yall think its fair prec only has 2 weapons they can strongly rely on.. its not their fault those weapons just happen to be extremely good but thats just where the game stands...

Weapons simply need a rework

might powers need to be looked into as well.

the game is far from being as balanced as it needs to be

simple
  12. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

SM is so stupid all it does is make players fight with each other over nothing. Was in a group with people trash talking other dps about oh they ain't nothing without artifacts/precision ect it's sad, who cares...
    • Like x 1
  13. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I am a gadgets DPS and troll because when I created my first and main character, I wanted to create a cyborg ninja somewhat modeled after, among others, Raiden from MGS IV. Gadgets seemed the natural choice. Weapon was tough choice but I went with martial arts over dual wield (the two most ninja-like weapons IMO) at the time. I became an endgame player at the time of the Titans DLC and wanted to start running elite (mostly for that enhanced cyborg style but also the challenge). I quickly realized A: hybrid DPS was simply not effective and B: meleeing in Hive E was a death sentence. So I needed a ranged loadout and quickly discovered gadgets has little to nothing for ranged DPS on the might side. So precision it was. My only criteria was that it was ranged (duh) and that it incorporated two weapons that ninjas typically use. Guess what I chose...

Even still, at the time, I had to hope and pray I didn't get kicked from groups prior to Deathstroke because my damage looked atrocious with the first subboss being essentially an add fight and all damage going to total damage.

Fast forward to today, while it's a nice contrast to those Hive E days to be sought after and considered "OP", I hate being thrown in with FoTM monolithic thinking type players when I essentially stumbled upon this SM-ideal loadout for the right reasons.

Also, I made my battletroll loadout in the first week of JLD after a very lengthy conversation with leaguemates regarding possible "outside-the-box" ways to go about getting the Stake Well Done feat and how on might effectively use the Claw artifact which seemed like garbage at the time. Once again, something I created on my own ended up being what everyone else was doing. C'est la Vie.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

You can't center balance around 1 mode. What about Electric dps last dlc? Were you makinv post about all the damage electric dps were doing? You're biased towards prec. What if next SM has 2 bosses that need to be burned together and fast? Almost all content cater to a few dps types. The sad thing you're not acknowledging is, at higher rounds, no one is dpsing. It's battle off roles who want to conserve power. That's the reason DW is being overly used.
    • Like x 1
  15. ALB Dedicated Player

That's not true, because players weren't using it before venom wrist. Nothing has changed from revamp to now except venom wrist and players found ways to exploit the JC. If the devs put multiple bosses or adds that have to be burned fast, prec will be out of SM. It would be another power turn to shine
  16. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

why not? what other content have you ever seen players running to the same one tactic to win? Was electric the only dps power everyone was using last dlc? no you still had a variety of different powers being used and the raids still being completed that isnt the case here.

At higher rounds you willl still see a setup of 1 dps, 2 tanks, 1 heal or 2 tanks, 1 troll, 1 heal. their are people still definitely dps'ing the higher rounds.

if next sm had two bosses that wouldnt change anything flurry shot mastery would still be the go too.. the only difference is youd have a dps burning one boss and a battle support burning the other boss. Now if you told me sm was just waves of beating adds then ok that isnt fair to prec players and their should be a change but again... that just goes to show how limited prec is when it comes to aoe just like might isnt as great as prec when it comes to Single target. My argument has always been to improve both playstyles in the areas their lacking.. prec on aoe and Might on ST. it was never nerf prec and buff might or vice versa.

if you feel im bias then thats your opinion. any of my posts about the situation is a calling for a balance for everything as whole. your saying we cant base it on just survival mode but ignoring it is ok? survival mode doesnt count or something? this is suppose to be the most challenging content in the game and how many players are beating it lunge spamming and running to flurry shot mastery? then tell me how many players are beating it using might.

im not trying to come across as bias but its hard not to when you see the exact same thing over and over in the content..

if we keep getting content that favors a certain playstyle to win their will always be a debate.. is it not easier to just make all playstyles viable for all situations. using a certain weapon or certain powers to compete is not where the game should stand imo. all weapons should be beneficial, all powers should be beneficial.

even if they want to make certain things stronger under different circumstances it shouldnt be to the point that other things become irrelevant
  17. High Troller Loyal Player

so you got into a toxic group and....that automatically makes SM stupid?

[IMG]
  18. plumcrazy Well-Known Player

I think you missed the point of my comment. It's stupid imo to bicker over a mode such as this, I'm a troll so any dps arguments make me laugh anyway but just look at the forum's tons of post about people basically saying in the kindest way they can that other dps suck because of X and Y and why they are better. Also yes I think this mode is garbage and boring but that's my opinion yours may differ. Round 1 was enough for me lol ok a big room a few add then lex.....I thought to myself why I'm I doing this again