Does anyone know if they are going to nerf prec DW/BOW dps??

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ThaWizDB, Jun 6, 2019.

1. ThaWizDB New Player

I’m just trying to get an inside scoop if they are going to nerf this. Most of you should know what I mean by DW/BOW prec dps. If you don’t, then you might know soon if you watch this thread. The reason I ask this is because I’m going to make another character that is gadget prec based and if they are going to nerf it in the near future then I’m not even going to waste my time on it. So feel free to lmk if you have any intel on that. Appreciate it!
  2. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Probably not considering it's one of two combos that keep precision DPS on par with might DPS. They need to buff the other weapon combos to balance out precision.
    • Like x 3
  3. L T Devoted Player

When everyone is doing it and it becomes the only acceptable way to play, that's a sure sign that it's broken.
    • Like x 7
  4. De Hei Active Player

Presicion at all has as much more potencial as just using DW/bow for a very effective, but also boring combination. I mean for exemple you can deal tons of damage without needing a troll in your team!

BUT: When all top clans are using this and it seems to be broken, then they should for sure try to nerf this and buff others!
  5. De Hei Active Player

Btw. i would like to see a slightly buff for melee weapon types in comparison to range weapons. If i go the risk to fight in meleerange, i should be benefitted from the game. Maybe melee weapons should deal 10-20% DPS.. what do you think?
    • Like x 1
  6. De Hei Active Player

only for melee attacks for sure ;)
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Seeing what they did to super charges. My bet, instead of nerfing it. They'll find some way to either buff might players single target with the next artifact or something along those lines. They cant just adjust the two weapon masteries without revamping the entire system. A new artifact that buffs might players single target just makes more sense, imo.
    • Like x 3
  8. xm3n3hun3 Well-Known Player

very doubtful it'll be nerf'd

the other players who want it nerf'd are >insert a reason<

when revamp occurred - it was all might based, once artifacts came out w/prec, then the adventurous (or those tired of play'g might based) chose prec build.
    so it's been a few yrs now w/prec builds.

I would expect devs to balance weapons by not buff'g other weapons, but by changing the button combos for prec - to the same as dw into flurry and explosion - it's become the defacto standard and easiest to use for the majority of players (95+% I suspect).

thus it would be easier IMHO to change the button combos for all weapons - one of which will be similar if not the same as dw into flurry to get players to use the other weapons.

might based players will still complain about prec builds - IMO might is a bit ahead at this time - especially with certain powers
    • Like x 2
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Why are you wanting to make this character anyway?
    Are you that much of a follower?
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

Being a follower has nothing to do with it. The developers made the game this way and if its enjoyable he has a right to play that way regardless of who else plays the game the same way.
    • Like x 1
  11. ThaWizDB New Player

Yeah you’re actually weird. That has 0 to do with it...
    • Like x 1
  12. ThaWizDB New Player

Yeah i get what you’re saying. And yeah I like might and currently I am nature and still do great damage and beat numerous prec players in normal content. But for SM just having that mobility and still doing amazing damage. That in my opinion is what puts them above other builds. But I just like nature way to much and I’m really indecisive about switching lol
  13. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

See, Idk about that. Natures mobility is quite soothing for me in SM. I use the most used meta Im assuming:

Vine Lash 2x
    Serpent Call
    Briar
    Wolf Form SC
    Carnivorous Plants (the 100 power cost one)
    Heat Vision (of course with Solar Amp)

In Wolf Form, I have:

Return to Normal Form
    Harvest
    Robot Sidekick (I clip Harvest and Sidekick together, and you can also use Swarm Shield as well for clipping purposes)
    Supercharge of your choice
    Carnivorous Plants (Same one from above)
    Heat Vision (with solar amp)

Its quite mobile for me. But at the same time, as of writing this, I wont take out Solar amp, Ill just note that once Solar Amp is at 160, you cant clip out of it, where as regular Heat vision, you can clip out of it. So use it wisely if you choose to do so
  14. ThaWizDB New Player

I mean the bow does phenomenal damage at melee range and I think brawling does pretty good damage as well. But the bow keeps up with a lot of melee might based combos.
  15. De Hei Active Player

I going on to test brawling again and again. If i have a solo target i can also go with 1 melee attack and 3 times holding melee. I am not sure, its much faster as the homerun Combo (not that fast like bow or dual wield combos), but it deals nice damage and the whirl at the end is an aoe effect. Only point what really makes sense is that one, i can clip the combinations with bow/DW with might based powers faster and staying also on range.
  16. Millefune PSN Well-Known Player

So many calls for "nerfing" Dual-Wield / Bow, but no complaints about Rage or Earth?
  17. L T Devoted Player

Because Rage is pure melee, and Earth is near-melee. Because there are no calls in LFG for "earth or rage dps ONLY" but you regularly see "precision DPS wanted for SM" "precision DW healer wanted for SM"... you get the idea.
    • Like x 2
  18. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

its Survival mode month
    everyone is shooting prec speced dual wield flurry shots
    your wondering if prec will be nerfed anytime soon
    you want to make a prec toon all of a sudden.. not just any prec toon but gadgets prec

[IMG]
  19. De Hei Active Player

I play a rage/precise. I am superior to everything else until we going to raid something. There the melee concept is much weaker, because of less survivalbility. So there are allways 2 sides of a medall..

In SM its the same problem. I am only able to fix it, if i go full tank.
  20. Illumin411 Loyal Player

I do crazy damage with my martial arts to uppercut loadout, more than my DW Flurry shot. In the Silent School alert, I used DW Flurry shot for first boss because I don't like getting plopped on and it takes out the tentacles in the shield phase quicker since they are spread out. But then I use melee against the final boss. I'd usually be slightly ahead of the other DPS's in boss damage after the first boss but WAY ahead after final boss.

20% more damage is useless if you're dead. What thy really should do (on top of evening out all the weapons) is grant a significant defense buff or detaunt or something upon successfully completing a melee combo, perhaps similar to how atomic works.
    • Like x 1