No No NO! robert pattinson new batman!

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Tallguy, May 17, 2019.

1. Tallguy Well-Known Player

2. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

No, what's stupid is people not being allowed a differing opinion, even after watching him in Hairy Pothead and "Water For Elephants"
  4. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

hes not fit enough...the werewolf guy...he had a batbuild...
  5. SuperBell Loyal Player

He looks more like he could be Joaquin Phoenix's Joker's son.

DCEU was getting things straight with Wonder Woman, Aquaman, and Shazam. I know DCEU stumbled with DoJ and Justice League, but Affleck was a good Batman. I hope they don't over correct and continue to mess things up.
    • Like x 1
  6. Sir That Guy Loyal Player

He can always hit the gym and buff up. That's what most actors do when playing big action roles like this.
  7. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's two words I'm trying to keep in mind when thinking about this potential casting and trying to keep an open mind:

Michael Keaton.

That being said, it's challenging trying to work past the sparkly vampire stuff. LOL
    • Like x 2
  8. hazard099 Active Player

the guys not awful, but kinda has a soft line jaw, otherwise i think he would be ok.
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

Well he IS a vampire :p
  10. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

keaton had newness going for him...all people knew then was the Batman movie was NOT going to be like the famous batman show...and NOT like Reeve with Superman...even critics in the Shalit era were saying things like "Batman is a comic book guy...will adults even watch a kids Batman movie?"...the whole idea that superhero movies could be more than Serial / B Movie trash was still unproven...I think they gave Keaton the role because he was flexible...he could cry and laugh and become angry in a single scene...present anything needed...and he was the right age...age being huge for a Batrole ...my only gripe with Keaton is my gripe with Pattwhatever...Batman looks tough...like a boxer or MMA guy...every artist every cartoon show...superfriends to "adult" themed animation..he just looks tough...so tough it shows right through the fancy rich guy clothes he hides in...he wears silk like Gotti in a courtroom press conference...except tougher than that...pattwhatever better bulk up
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

What might help Pattinson is something that's helped all of the actors to take on the role in recent movies, even the *shudder* Schumacher films.

The costume itself.

Yes, they need to be in shape to pull off the role because Batman is a very physical character (or at least physically demanding). But the suit itself, in all its incarnations, adds a lot to both the physical look and any sort of intimidation factor an actor will have. It can only go so far, though, so the actor inside the outfit has to complete the character with whatever intensity they have at their disposal.

If anything, that might be Pattinson's biggest challenge with the role. The suit itself can and will hide/forgive a lot, but it won't do all the work.
  12. Stardazer Committed Player

13. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  14. Miss Adora Loyal Player

Sorry but can't picture him as Bruce nor Batman. Even if some people think he is a good actor or ok actor, he is stuck with Sparkly Vampire stigma. That is his curse, no matter what he plays, I won't get pass that. He died in Harry Potter and came back as a Sparkly Vampire.
    • Like x 2
  15. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

fortunately i've never seen any of the twilight films (none of the harry potter movies for that matter...)

despite my good fortune pattinson still wouldnt be my first choice. hes just looks too waifish. the one thing he does have in his favor is his relative youth. if he does work out (and really who knows) its a role that he can mature with.
  16. Black Astral New Player

I'll just leave this here. Credit: GeekTyrant
    [IMG]
    • Like x 1
  17. FoolsFire Devoted Player

^^^^ I'm sorry but the above post is inappropriate..

...Nowhere does it mention Cesar Romero.
    • Like x 1
  18. Lugo Well-Known Player

I'm looking forward to it. And I bet the Twilight series wasn't that bad either.
  19. bareheiny 10000 Post Club

[IMG]

However, I will reserve judgment and see how this plays out.
    • Like x 1
  20. Controller Devoted Player

I say give him a chance...

Hated to see Affleck go...thought he was an AWESOME Batman.

Marvel is kicking our keesters so bad at this point we can't be too picky now can we?

I think Pattinson will be fine.
    • Like x 1