Survival Mode should be available on Event Que for Level 10+

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Sammy, May 17, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Knarlydude Loyal Player

To be fair, level 30's would be a smarter decision. Level 10 would be stretching it.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

This right here says it all. When 99% of the customers do not get a chance to try something in game. The could give a ratz azz if it fails again and.................... it will fail again if it's for end game only.
  3. MrMigraine Devoted Player

FTFY. :D
    • Like x 5
  4. C3alix Committed Player

You people that have never been around for SM or have never been to any round 5's need to stop trying to change something made for a certain type of player.
    • Like x 2
  5. coldchilln88 Loyal Player

Why do you think everyone who wants a fun and rewarding end game challenge are elitists. There are a ton of things in this game geared for casual players including events. Im not an elitist. I dont leave if I enter something and someone has a lower cr or less SP or barely any artifacts. I just dont care. I like playing the game and like running all kinds of content with anyone who wants to.

That doesnt mean I dont love a good fun challenge. I love SM. I never grinded for elite gear because I saw no point in it. Now this gives me something to grind for it and put my skills to the test. This should motivate some casuals to might want something to grind it out. Its not about elitists or being a deterrent. It should motivate you to grind. Just because they create a piece of challenging content dont take it as an affront. Its not a personal attack if thats not your cup of tea. It offers no progression. Its for fun. Dont rain on others parade if you dont want it. There's plenty of other content if you dont enjoy it. Or. Get motivated and do it yourself.
    • Like x 3
  6. 1 ncmike Dedicated Player

I do think there should be something for lower leveled players to do like a scaled down version of SM maybe cap it at 5 levels so the rewards are smaller but they get a small taste of what Survival Mode is .
  7. Zneeak Devoted Player

That's easily answered: There's quite a good number of players out there not ready nor interested in these types of content, but they don't want to miss out on any reward or shiny new thing. It's a crazy sense of entitlement, some players just can't handle not being good enough to accomplish certain thing and just don't want anybody else being able to get things that they can't.

Remember, the dude who created the OP is the same dude who not long ago made a thread requesting the Elite renown to be outright purchased rather than playing Elite content and earning it.
    • Like x 6
  8. The_fair_1 Committed Player

If you want SM available for everyone in the form of an event mode that can be fine but not a single reward or anything shall be given out. That way you will spend hours on end doing event for absolutely nothing... But realistically the answer needs to be no. The point is that it is designed to be the hardest content in game, meaning even harder than elite which is not something everyone has access to. So realistically its not unhealthy for the game. It just adds something the subs that have paid and played for a lot longer have wanted. The majority of people who want this are those with high gear and sp and generally have been paying to play this game for a decent amount of time compared to a level 10+ player.
    • Like x 1
  9. Elusian Crowd Control

The very moment when your own post makes the whole thread obsolete.
    • Like x 2
  10. Soul Dedicated Player

[IMG]

So many shapes and sizes! just pick yours. ;)
    • Like x 4
  11. Xibo Loyal Player

SM for level 10+? I don't care about them but if they want some fun, i'm ok with this.
  12. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

I would totally disagree with the OP's idea if it weren't for some of the new SM rewards like the combat pets and shadow monsters. Those feel like they should have been added to the JL: D vendor but are instead in a place where not everyone can get it or where it can't be obtained for an alt, unless it can be traded, but the broker lords would dictate the terrible prices. SM never had combat type rewards and it feels like it shouldn't.
    • Like x 3
  13. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

I didn't play much SM first time around. I found it to be redundant and, for me, there was not a lot of benefit. I DID , however, play once in a while to work on my defensive skills so, I don't think it is just for "elites".

I think SM is a perfect venue for newer players to work on things like blocking, evasion, power management, team work in general and role specific skills. I look at it less as a place for elites than as an X-men type danger room. Going in with that view point can make it very much worth your while. Try it with a casual group and I think you will see what I'm driving at. You may not last long enough to get style rewards, BUT over time, SM will help hone your skills.

As I mentioned earlier, i don't play it much as I have been playing since launch, BUT I did use the original SM to train a bit because any player can use some batting practice :)
    • Like x 1
  14. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

To quote an old school hip hop song:

The Message II (Survival)

Survival, only the strong can survive
    It's called survival, only the strong can survive
    It's called survival, in order to stay alive
    It's called survival, survival, survival, survival

Survival Mode is supposed to be the "Ultimate" challenge, so yes, it is for players who want that type of challenge. A game becomes stale when it has open access to everyone and the value of the game becomes less. Even Battle Royale/MOBA games have maps and events that isn't for everyone. Games SHOULD offer different types of events and missions for different types of players. No matter how you like or dont like it; variety works well for gaming and most players like variety.

In my opinion, I think that *having new content available at level 10* has become an issue; just because players have access to the new content via event missions doesn't entitle them to have access to the ENTIRE GAME. Requiring end game level is a given for survival mode; you are trying to survive waves of OP enemies on purpose. Why? Because you want to and if you can, you get shiny rewards for it.

Personally, I don't like way survival mode is done in this game because it is still only for bigger teams. I would like to see a solo or duo survival mode. For the solo, I want to see how far my character can go at it alone; I want my highest CR character to be the Ultimate Lady of the Multiverse! (hehehe). For the duo, I want to try to survive *with my bestie by my side* taking out mobs for as long as we can!
  15. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Agreed. there should be NO progression attached to SM.
    • Like x 1
  16. codyxrhstou Well-Known Player

Why cant you git gud? :D
    • Like x 2
  17. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

I do think the battle pets are a bit dubious in terms of rewards, going off Torikumu’s video they seem even more powerful than the Sea Horse. Plus they’re not even Titans themed, they’re JLD themed. Couldn’t we have had those on the JLD vendor? Other than that I don’t care, let the tryhards have their fun.
    • Like x 4
  18. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

This might be the silliest post I've seen in a long time. Thanks for the laugh. "Survival Mode" should be easy enough for level 10 noobs....awesome.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  19. Jurandyr Ross Well-Known Player

Considering that this time around SM has combat pets that should have been in the current episode vendor, yes, at least the 10 first rounds should have been easy enough for the noobs while the "top of the top" can get the 20 remaining ones for themselves.
  20. 9001BPM Steadfast Player

At the very least the pets should be holographic rather than shadow to tie them to the Titans theme. Having JLD stuff in a Titans themed Survival just feels wrong to me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.