Why our powers dont have progression too? This makes no sense

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Kuno, May 17, 2019.

1. Kuno Loyal Player

I think the devs should ask themshelves why the game became so repetitive in this matter.
    Maybe its not just the content mechanics, or the recycled maps or the continuous grind for the latest gear. Every game has that.
    The thing that piss me off the most is that we dont progress with our powers, I mean it doesnt matter if you just hit lvl 30 or your combat rating is 270. You still have the same powers to stuck in your 6 habilities loadout.
    We have a loadout that its efective and we can mix or switch some habilities but that's it.
    With stats revamp they said they were setting the fundation for the future... what future?
    Artifacts are cool and that but WE DONT SEE STATS while playing. What about visuals, new habilities...?

Why they never expanded powerset? Like a new powerful tier that unlocks at lvl 100 for example
    Why they never expanded iconic powers?
    Why they never implemented new weapon mastery combos, like sword and shield? If a weapon combo makes sense is this one...

Other games can do it, why is so hard in this game to balance things and to add new things.
    I think we should gain habilities that are inherent as the CR progression goes up.
    Like an inherent super charge slot, or a iconic power or the powerset finisher, or a pet.
    Seriously been thinking of this lately and I dont understand why with powersets we are stuck with the same habilities since launch.
    • Like x 6
  2. Batrederik Dedicated Player

I can't say I'm surprised. ... I guess the way I should word it is: in just about any modern MMO, there's a set, and limited amount of "stuff" you can accomplish.
    I'm still hoping they will expanded iconic powers?
    • Like x 3
  3. FlawlessTime Dedicated Player

I agree we have styles and styles for day's on end but I want some new power's or our powers getting higher upgrades . Most of everyone's characters imo shouldn't just have the same as a new toon made.

Most of us our vets and our powers should show our growth and experience with our power's .
    • Like x 2
  4. Dedikated6 Well-Known Player

Ive been playing wayyyy more ESO in 2019 .. dcuo needs an overhaul like eso got . dcuo 2 wyaaaa
  5. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

there should have been sideways progression allowed...you have 100 SP...so do I...you put a hundred points each in hundred different powers you get all the powers...i take my hundred buy only 3 powers...but put 33 points in each...now my 3 powers are give or take 30 times stronger then your 100...any attack becomes a supercharge that way...and you can modify the strength of your powers
  6. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

The game already has balance issues. You really want to be able to buff up one power, essentially making it's base damage higher therefore making one burst power op as heck that you can spam?

Yea makes perfect sense
  7. Batrederik Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  8. SkullGang Devoted Player

Kinda too late for something like this but it would be nice.
  9. recoil2 Dedicated Player

not to mention champions online, which while inferior in everything but story plots and rotations, has a literal ability tray up to 10 or more if I remember correctly which with bought powersets could be mixed and matched from different themes. WoW as well which personally i feel like champions online/WoW has a MUCH better set of powers for each theme (especially hunters as WoW's equivalent of nature dpses), and with as many powers as we've seen used in DC comics you'd think we'd at least have powerset expansions through iconic powers. not asking much, just expanded animal control abilities beyond snakes/bees and maybe a claw iconic ability like cheetah's? sorcery/celestial can get some of raven's abilities from the precinct solo, etc etc.
    • Like x 1
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

https://wow.gamepedia.com/A_Murder_of_Crows a murder of crows, come on think about it........... you know you think it's both hilarious and awesome to sic a flock of crows on someone.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Stampede something similar to stampede would also be nice, possibly as something like dog form but without the form part, i like summoning dogs and all but the form glitches out during combat and is just impractical.
    • Like x 1
  11. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

agreed.

i think all the stuff we get out of artifacts should have been worked into the skill point system with powers improving as we spec into them. 1 skill point for a 10% less cooldown, 1 point for 2% crit damage, 2 skill points for 5%, skill points to enhance effects and durations... like 1 skill point specced into thought bubble gives it a rooted effect (finally making the power effective...)

since the revamp i have lost all interest in acquiring skill points.

artifacts are okay but overall not the way i envision my characters getting better.

shoulda, woulda, coulda...
  12. Memphis Rainz Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Hm... How about balance? Not so long ago Earth players just spam JH and all forum was in tears and s*it about this, but now people asking for same things... New OP power for spam... Yeah!!! Great thread.
  13. MrMigraine Devoted Player

Yeah, that's one of the issues with CR-as-Level. In other games, when you level up, you get new toys to play with. Here, we're perpetually stuck with the same powers we got at level 30 eight and a half years ago (though the Revamp did give Mental a Pull!).

When Weapon Mastery was announced, I remember hoping that they'd eventually add Power Mastery - a way to change up your powers according to your playstyle. At least we have Artifacts...
    • Like x 3
  14. Protecktor MKV Committed Player

I had really hoped they would do some more with powers as well. I enjoyed how they adjusted heat vision through the artifact to make it more viable but wish they either do more of that or put more iconics out that we can really play around with our powers.
    • Like x 1