DEVS:Nerf precisions Dual wield flurry shot/Bow smoke bomb OR buff might powers to make it on par

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Badname392023, May 12, 2019.

1. myandria Item Storage

Hmm..

Well, I've always played online just to beat the mission, not to outscore or compete against anyone (except for when I used to play PVP). You can work hard to do get the highest score on the scorecard; however, it means NOTHING if the team cannot work together to make it through the mission with only a few bumps and bruises.

The devs need to fix the speed hacking first, because I'll wager a safe bet that players are using this technique on top of speed hacking to get some of those numbers. I agree with other before me who pointed out that if this were about PVP and scrimmages, then this would hold more weight.
  2. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That last one is part of the problem. People get jealous that they are being outperformed. The other side of that coin is those who do that outperformance and the laud it over everyone else while being condescending with a “git gud” response.

The other way to look at it? If someone else has more burn than I do, we will get through this instance faster and I can do other stuff sooner.

Of course, the alternative view requires that you are actually contributing rather than getting carried.
  3. Drathmor Unwavering Player

co op game! first and foremost. not saying the games balanced, just simply that the game is in the state it is ballance wise completely because of nerf threads and ballance threads of players who cant handle getting out DPS's in a team based game. that has over the years broken this game over and over.

its a self perpetuating problem
    • Like x 1
  4. not_again Dedicated Player

Would you rather the game be unbalanced and fun, or balanced and boring? This is a legit question. What you are asking for is to move more toward the latter. The game is the most balanced I can remember. There are powers that are better then others across all different situations. AOE range is might, AOE melee is might again, melee single target is a toss up between might and precision, and finally range single target is precision.

When the next DLC come outs and it is AOE range, people will be on here posting this same nonsense about might powers that are better then their might powers.

You know who you do not see on here complaining, is the elite player you reference as they are able to adapt to each situation and do not scream nerf every time there is new content that moves the meta.

Finally there are so few people playing the game right now, the last thing the game needs is to drive anyone away. I know you mentioned your friends leaving because they can not keep up. Chalk them up as a lost cause because it appears they have already made up their minds and refused to adapt to the current DLC meta.
    • Like x 1
  5. Rushsteel Active Player

I think you are so focused on s/t dmg that you seem to forget how horrible prec is for aoe range. To do our solo support runs it is actually easier to have 1 or 2 might in the mix to help deal with adds. Our last video has 2 might dps to help clear adds during our solo support run since dw bow is horrible for aoe range.

Also, it's a fact smokebomb can not keep up with the majority of might powers who use real good rotations. Its nice to have a move you can use to try and keep up with adds but it will never compare to might. Prec is better at s/t and Might is better at aoe. What you want is a never ending loop to where the point that everything does the same thing which will never happen. Some things are better than others. Just like how rage is good for kiting adds but not as good as tanking klarion like ice. Just like how nature has amazing dot heals and sc feed but not as good as burst healing like electric or cele. Just like how rage and earth might is bad for long range compared to hard light cele and nature. When they release another zoo e dlc, do you think you will see prec players complain that bow dw is useless? No, all you will literally see is people complaining about nerfing other might powers to be as good. The sad truth is people can't just put random powers that look cool in a rotation and expect to do the best damage. That's what players don't realize.
    • Like x 6
  6. Batrederik Dedicated Player

:)Yup, Generator mods, League Support Stats has, hmm ^small portion of your stats. Yes—we have evaluated one aspect of the reasoning. If we had a video to look at, we could probably see a clearer picture about what was going on, that would actually work in his favor. I mean Might is better for aoe. And It's more about PI, and rotations. We take precision, that is better for boss, and is very strong single target. It's more about improvisation:) and power knowledge, I would say prec is weaker for anything aoe. Just so you know.
    • Like x 1
  7. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i dont think some of yall are grasping what im trying to say

Their is NO way ANYTHING should outshine something just because it is MIGHT aoe or PREC single target that is not even somewhat of a balance game.

if i want to be a might dps i should be great on both aoe and single target, if i want to be a prec dps i should be great on both single target and aoe. We are all dps correct? their is no such thing called "Prec boss damage dps or Might aoe damage dps" right? did they add dps roles that i dont know of?

if im a might dps wanting to maximize my damage on a boss i should NOT have to switch to precision grab dual wield weapon and do flurry shot a millions times. Remove the adds from the shattered raid (ironically thats how it was in the first but oh they said it was to easy yeah i wonder why you have a bunch of precision users Spamming a broken prec weapon on the boss) but anyway back to the point remove the adds from shattered you know how ONE SIDED it would be might single target vs prec single target? and things like this are some how ok??

SAME for might give me a raid where i cant get close to the boss and the raid is littered with adds you know how ONE sided that would look might aoe vs prec aoe when smokebomb is the only hardest hitting aoe.. and you have to be super close to even get those off

yall think im trying to put prec down and put might up NO everything should be better balanced in general.

And no im not saying everything should do the exact same damage that is impossible do in this game that doesnt mean their should be a significant difference in damage either though the gap needs to be closed a better than what it is now

i truly hope the next episode has nothing but single target bosses or nothing but aoe. let me guess everyone would switch to precision then or everyone will switch to might smh. it should not be that way period

Both playstyles should shine on single target & AOE without either doing over performing in damage that is all im trying to say!
    • Like x 1
  8. Shattered Psychosis Well-Known Player

You're not going to find this in any good game. The closer you get to this, the less variety you have in your game. Any game that offers variety is built on a system of trade off's. That's MOBA's, fighting games like Tekken/Street Fighter/Soul Calibur, even card games like Yugioh have decks that are build for specific purposes that suck under certain circumstances that counter what that goal is. When variety is gone, all you have is different skins of the same thing. This means no innovation in playstyles and no motivation to change. Why switch powers when all I get is a different visual effect. Why wouldn't I just pick my favorite visual and stay it permanently? If mechanics never change, that means no new meta, nothing to ever test, nothing different, which means boredom easily. A system with these fails to monetize important features as well as keeping players interested.
  9. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

i understand that but if that is the case you add playstyle roles to dps then

Prec boss damage type of dps
    Might aoe damage type of dps
    might aoe/boss damage type of dps
    prec aoe boss damage type of dps
    prec aoe/boss damage type of dps

whatever the case may be but thats not how this game functions its completely different than either of those games. you have support roles or straight up dps no strings attached. everyone is either might dps or prec dps with the options of using a weapon that can do aoe or weapon that can do single target / or a might dps that hits enemies with single target power or aoe powers.
  10. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

you get what im saying?

in this game you have 3 dps playstyle options all equal stat layouts and no descriptions about how this playstyle specializes in this or that playstyle specializes in that.

so why should anyone play with this destructive mindset that "well im might and might is best for adds or well im prec and prec is best for the boss and thats why i can do more damage here or there. the game simply isnt designed that way.
  11. willflynne 10000 Post Club

I've lost count over the years of the number of times that people have come into the forums with complaints that some power is too strong or another loadout is not performing up to snuff, and far more often than not it's related to someone being outperformed on the scoreboard in an instance. And every time I see the complaints this keeps coming to mind.

[IMG]

There's always a new meta that people chase. There's always some loadout that "far exceeds everything else" that "everyone is using because they're lazy or try-hards." And there's always someone getting their nose bent out of shape over it, even though it happens in a cooperative instance.

All because someone makes the choice to make it competitive. And it IS a choice.

So if someone makes that choice, they'd best own it and everything that comes with it. That means that somewhere along the line, there will be a bigger fish. And if a person's ego is fragile enough that they can't handle being outperformed? They might want to take a second look at whether or not it's worth the trouble of turning a cooperative experience into a competitive one.
    • Like x 1
  12. Illumin411 Loyal Player

As others have said, prec is better for single target and might is better for oe. Most powers options available to build a good ST loadout (gadgets isn't one of them which is why I went prec in the 1st place WAY before the trend). I've even been beaten in boss damage by might players a handful of times and I almost always come in 1st, even when running with other OP prec players in elite.

This DLC favors prec, that's for sure. Atlantis favored might. Titans it was a mix. I actually got kicked from groups a couple of times and got comments many other times after the first boss since Buzzcut and the other one don't count as boss damage. The one's with their finger on the kick trigger but granted my request to reserve judgement until after the Deathstroke were probably glad they did.
    • Like x 1
  13. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

what difference you use the same weapons using the same attacks using the same power booster or defenses like shields or weapon dam increase powers you all use robot sidekick for the constant pew pew pewing of it...differences???...what...you didnt wear matching pants like Dennys waitstaff has too ...ok you were different...
  14. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

muni with acro move...letm try and keep up...smoke grenade hits fast hard..zip right to target...grenade grenade...they want speed...they like their buttons mashed...hehehe
  15. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

the E years...how many threads about how E was a horrible power...for years they left E supers dangling
  16. Version San Diego Active Player

I am might sorcery and can not jump cancel my channeled powers and get full damage. Everything is op, nerf it all.
    • Like x 1
  17. Batrederik Dedicated Player

Badname392023, correct.
    With all due respect, you want to Nerf (precisions weapons) here. Probably has been a few threads, but we're not here to say "make might better". So Congratulations! the next DLC will get the message, and we achieve *equilibrium* that's what you want .. Who, knows.. We'll see. It's a possibility.
    • Like x 1
  18. AberrantAngel Committed Player

So let's see, prec single target is op. Why yes, yes it is. Can everyone who plays the game use it? Yep. Then I see no reason to change it. I have a prec build on a toon. Hate the play style, slowly switching over to might. Nope don't care if I get out dps by 1 mil or 5 mil. The main goal of this game is to complete the mission. If that is accomplished then it's all good.
  19. Zneeak Devoted Player

A crap ton of Nth metal in certain Artifacts is required for Prec ST to even do anything significant, so the statement that everyone "can just use it" isn't really correct. You can use the unbuffed WM combo's and probably perform worse than the Might counterpart of your powerset, sure, but to actually play the "OP prec single target" you need to get your hands on those specific Artifacts and rank them up to atleast lvl 120 to get the bigger part of the buff.

That means sacrificing your existing Might-based Artifacts to rank up the Prec one's, or grind an additional crap ton of Nth to able to run both Prec and Might setups properly. For many players, this becomes a one-time choice, because not everyone decided to exploit TC's and get to possess billions of in-game cash and not have to worry about the additional grind and costs, nor did everyone decide to exploit Artifacts up to Max rank and not have to worry about the additional grind and costs.

The real issue here is that we are being sold Combat-related changes through Artifacts and that IMO is what needs to stop. Artifacts have taken up way more importance than what they should do, considering the grind and cost involved for players to "just use it".
    • Like x 4
  20. ThePhilosophy Loyal Player

Has anyone even done a parse of flurry without the jump cancel bug to see how op it is?