CITY OF HEROES secret server revealed

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by MsTickle Fate, Apr 19, 2019.

1. DC Urban Committed Player

Over 3,000 people online, sounds like a legit superhero mmo to me. CO has like 300:D
    • Like x 1
  2. JKwak Well-Known Player

A couple of years ago I would have been pissed about it, but for me and my lost Character the COH capitel is over for good, I even wrote a short Story about my Charakter fighting street Level crime until the last seconds not realising his Universe is going to die.
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

For those interested: https://score.savecoh.com/index.php

From what I can gather it seems NCSoft is allowing this as long as those running the servers aren't making money off of it.

From a post this week it seems it's costing this group about $2,100/month to run their server and they are in negotiations with NCSoft to come up with some way to just pay their bills (charitable donations, etc) that doesn't make NCSoft feel threatened.

There are 4 servers and all are routinely full, it's great to try going into another zone and seeing up to 4 or 5 phases to pick from.

The graphics are a bit dated and the action isn't nearly as fast as DCUO but it's still a lot of fun and the character generator (now with even more options than before!) is still the kind of thing you can tinker with for hours. Also, actual Flight is now available at level 4 instead of just Hover (man having to use Hover to get around was such a huuuuuuge pain, way back in the day).
    • Like x 2
  4. JKwak Well-Known Player

yeah Hover Was a pain in the ***.
    But more important if a teammate tries to teleport you, you get a pop up message asking you if you actually want to be teleported.
    no more ******** teammates who teleport you while you are in the middle of something.
    • Like x 1
  5. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

This is the real part of the problem. And gamers don't handle that well. Setting up a secret server gets you into legal trouble - currently. So instead of secretly setting up a server, move to your representatives, explain them how much money a company voids you the moment they shut down servers, and request changes in laws.

Like "Before shutting down a server and with that the game services, companies have to release a working patch for private servers or will be legally forced to pay every customer every cent back that was spent in connection with the defunct software." That simple. Companies either don't do that kind of games than anymore or servers only shutdown when the company is going totally broke at the same time, or people continue on their private servers.

The law needs to be against this sort of business practice and protect customer. Any attempt at "self solutions" will always end with the "big bad companies" winning in the end.
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

Last night the total server population (across all four servers) reached 6,150 with two servers reaching max population (2,150). With their current setup the max population that can be hosted is 8k.
    • Like x 1
  7. JKwak Well-Known Player

the 4chan comunity released there /coxg/ server, i dont sugest your kids to play on the server or even stream your gameplay and you should be ready for verry offensive character names, roleplay and/or general bad behavior, because... ....well its 4chan.

that being said the /coxg/ sever is at least for now a bit more stabel and they are aiming to roll back to i24 in oposition to Homecomming who aims to develop more content on top of i25

https://www.thunderspygaming.net/
    • Like x 1
  8. Magnificent Loyal Player

That's all that really needs to be said [IMG]
  9. Chaos Evolution Devoted Player

I played a little on the homecoming server just recently now I chose a tank with a titan weapon and was beating thugs down with a huge fusion hammer it was hysterically brutal