Test Discussion GU94: Mechanical Supply Officer (Vendor)

Discussion in 'Testing Feedback' started by DCAutymn, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DCAutymn Developer

We have a new vendor in game. It offers tier suits based on your current level, CR, morality, and available roles. We also added a tier suit for players level 1-30, based on your mentor. These items are available for Source Marks.

Please post below if you have any issue with this vendor -- you are not seeing appropriate gear or you are seeing gear that you can't use, for example.

Thank you!
    Autymn
  2. geoforcee100 Well-Known Player

New safehouse gear vendor -17:05
    is this gear higher than all the rewarded gear we get when completing missions as we level up??
  3. myandria Item Storage

It seems the Mechanical Vendors are CR locked; if you are higher than level 30 the vendor doesn't show you anything.
    • Like x 1
  4. DCUO Addict Committed Player

It seems to be working as intended.

I'm able to see the Tier 1 gear with my new character that I just made (CR 32); the Tier 1 & 2 gear with my CR 47 character; the Tier 3 & 4 gear with my CR 71 character; the Tier 5 & 6 gear with my CR 105 character; the Gotham Outlaw and Fallen God gear with my CR 173 character; and nothing for my CR 241 and CR 258 characters because they would purchase vendor gear with the episode-specific currency, not Source Marks.

Each character had access to damage gear and the gear for the appropriate non-damage role.

The styles don't depend on the mentor that the character has. My two low CR characters were tech and meta heroes, but they both had access to Fate's Faith armor through that vendor.

I prefer the location of the vendors in the Gotham safehouses because they're easier to notice than the ones in the Metropolis safehouses.
  5. myandria Item Storage

The Mechanical Vendor changes its gear level as soon as you hit a higher CR level before you get the chance to buy an entire set; for example, if you are able to purchase a full set and need a second ring, you have to buy that second ring BEFORE the gear selection changes. When the gear selection changes, the previous gear is sent to the bottom of the list, which requires scrolling all the way down to the bottom of that list to see what you missed. This can be very annoying if you are trying to get a style feat or only have enough marks to finish the set you were working on buying; this is especially noticeable for the higher CR gear.

Also, if you strip yourself of your gear and go back to the low level gear, the missions you had access to last are still available and you clan enter them, even at CR 0 if you fully strip your character. Is that intended?
  6. Black Astral New Player

If you notice in the stats window (open inventory and there's multiple tabs like currency, artifacts etc) there's two important lines. There's a line for CR and then there's a line for 'Equipped CR". the game instance maker only cares about the first line. That at some point, regardless of what you're currently wearing or not for gear, you had on your person or inventory enough gear pieces to equal x CR.
  7. myandria Item Storage

True, but when I went to CR 0 I had nothing on and nothing in my inventory/bank and I could still get into missions; for some reason I don't think that should be intended. I guess it is something I am not used to for an MMO; no gear=no content, like *no shirt, no shoes, no service*. *shrugs*
  8. Black Astral New Player

It's their relevancy checker basically. Again, the system doesn't care about 'Equipped CR". Even if I'm at 232 and take off all but my chestplate to drop to 70, i'm still not going to get the full loot mark package because the system has seen that at some point I've surpassed the limit. Will it give you the challenge? sure. Will it give you the marks? no.
    • Like x 1
  9. Trexlight Devoted Player

The system never looks at Equipped. its always been Overall CR because thats what everything looks at. This also isnt the thread to complain about CR Relevancy. There are many threads else where over the years on a system that isnt going anywhere.
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Pertaining to Feedback.

Its said that the Tier Gear follows the Character's Mentor but it really doesnt. The Item Level 25 Gear for Tech was Joker's Punchline (T2 style) and then the Tier one was Metallo's Maw (Meta T1 Style).

I would certainly like it if it was more set to the Mentor's Gear and even more, have the Pre-30 Gear (Item Level 25 gear) actually be the Renown gear per the Mentor. Renown for those Gear sets are only gained in that Leveling Content to about Tier 4. This way folks can still get that style without heavily relying too much on that Renown. I would much prefer it if the Renown from the Base Game was more spread out across the Episodes but I'll go with first option for now since it seems easier to do.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.