The New Costume Contest ...

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Black-Zero, Feb 15, 2013.

1. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

• Like x 1
  2. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Except, every other piece looks black, it's only the Reverse Slimline suit (top and bottom) that looks brown
  3. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

• Like x 2
  4. Warhawk Well-Known Player

Exactly! The other day, while I was on my "Captain MarveI" character, I had someone try to tell me that "Captain Marvel is a woman and she's Marvel, not DC". I didn't even bother to argue with such ignorance. SHAZAM has always been the name of the Wizard who gave Billy Batson the power to transform into Captain Marvel "by the utterance of a single word: SHAZAM!"
    • Like x 1
  5. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not to forget, Marvel's Captain Marvel was originally a malien named Mar-Vell, also, DC's Captain Marvel was originally a third company rip on Soup-can (and so successful, his comics often outsold Soup-can's comics, which prompted DC to buy out that company and shelve The Big Red Cheese :p)
  6. Warhawk Well-Known Player

Believe me, I know pretty much everything there is to know about Captain Marvel/Shazam. He's been my favorite super hero since 1974, when I used to watch the SHAZAM! TV show every Saturday.
    • Like x 1
  7. golddragon71 Dedicated Player

I'm not arguing against any of that I merely commented on the fact that this game seems to have been the only place where the character still stands by his proper title/name.
    • Like x 1
  8. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

After 80 years in print, shouldn't he get a promotion by now? Rename him MAJOR Marvel, and problem solved! ;)
    • Like x 1
  9. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Has to be the particular fabric texture they applied on that Style Set. Some of them DO have a color sheen you can only get rid of by applying your own Material (the Void Material, for instance) to the whole item, as I've already mentioned.
  10. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

I just call her Reindeer woman lol,wish we had more tail options
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  11. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Getting a bit of a 'non-living' vibe there :eek:
  12. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Maybe one of these years, I might actually remember which Back Style that is! :confused:
  13. darth_paul Dedicated Player

Tell me this, what's going on with what the rest of the "Marvel Family" are going by now. I guess that they're the "Shazam Family?" Is Mary, still "Mary Marvel" or is she "Mary Shazam" now? I read somewhere that Freddy isn't "Captain Marvel, Jr." now, but either "Shazam, Jr." or "King Shazam" as an honor to Elvis, since that was his favorite super-hero. Plus, there are three other kids now too, for a total of six, and they're all sort of "Shazam?" It makes no sense to me, but DC does that kind of thing, with multiple Flashes and Green Lanterns all running around at the same time, so I guess they figured they could do the same thing here, but I feel like it just doesn't work the same.
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This is dark and I'm actually quite frightened by this character.
    • Like x 1
  15. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

It cost me 140 mil but worth it.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    • Like x 6
  16. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

Something tells me you're not talking about the Demon's Tail Waist Style. If only it was so easy to obtain it! :rolleyes:
    • Like x 1
  17. Snowy OwI Loyal Player

Tattered cloak of corruption i think it was called.it was from one of the time capsule collections and i used a material on it so it doesn't look presicely like that.
    • Like x 1
  18. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Where did you hear slash read that? o_O
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Will have to experiment with other outfits, butt fairly sure it's only the Reverse Slimline that changes to brown (her Metalhead gloves and Urban Slick boots are both a proper black, the gloves are a nice shiny black)
  20. MarvelUniverse Well-Known Player

I just got my first one, after playing the game heavily since day one... So the odds on that one must be astronomical.

AND it's not even style unlockable! So I got it once, and now I only have it on the one character I unlocked it on. :mad:
    • Like x 1