Did This Game Ever Get Updated for the PS4 Pro/ X1X?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Ragnarok, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

As the title states. I shelved the game back in 2016 due to a lack of enhanced support (and yes, I know PC players are still lamenting their graphic options). I’ve considered coming back, but I can’t seem to find any information on whether or not the game was patched with enhancements for these consoles.
  2. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Nothing special was done for those systems.
  3. FlyingSheep Well-Known Player

What did you have in mind to change specifically for the pro and X?
  4. the solowing Steadfast Player

Theyve been adding new high res models but character models are as cleaned up as it going to get.
  5. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Unreal Engine was released 5th of November 2009 and it was designed for direct X 9/10 PC's Xbox 360 & PS3.
    What do you expect from a game that is using an engine that is 10 years old?
    And, ....Considering that production on UE 3 started in 2002. 10 yrs old is being generous.
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Which features do you expect? Especially which ones the regular PS4/xbox can't do?
  7. Ragnarok Well-Known Player

ESO, FFXIV, The Division 1/2, Anthem, Fortnite....Pretty much every live service game in the last 2 years has been updated with Pro/ X functionality: higher resolutions, more stable frame rates, better lighting/ textures, etc.. Even Planetscape (same company) got a Pro patch, I believe.
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Tripple A titles from big companies with the budget to make those changes.
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

Better textures are planned to be added to all platforms - the consoles are not even close to their limits. Atlantis textures already look pretty good.

Super high resolution should be already available right now. The problem is that the HUD was never build for that - it has been patched up more than once as far as I know just to make it usable in high resolutions.

Lightning is very limited in DCUO because of the engine. It won't get much betetr than Atlantis.

Are you sure Planetscape can even compare to DCUO? I'd at least choose a game with a 3D engine....DCUO is not THAT outdated.