Some feats that could help solve the Elite Longevity issue

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Melusine Midnight, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

Many people replay the newest Elite raids a ton, max their renown early, and then move to Regular or Event, for the rest of the DLC's life. This makes it much harder to form groups for elite content as time goes on, since the number of players with incentive to do elite decreases. This, in turn, means that fewer players are able to make the jump from regular to elite.

In order to combat this issue, I would like to see the following feats added to the game:
    Elite Veteran 1: Complete 100 CR-Relevant Elite Raids. *
    Elite Veteran 2: Complete 250 CR-Relevant Elite Raids. **
    Elite Veteran 3: Complete 500 CR-Relevant Elite Raids. ***
    Elite Veteran 4: Complete 1000 CR-Relevant Elite Raids. ***

And so on, with a 50pt feat for each additional 500 completed, up to 25,000.

"Complete" should be defined as 'receive loot from all sub-bosses as well as the final boss of the instance', for purposes of these feats. So, no short-cutting at the final boss.
  2. Melusine Midnight Rainbow Phoenix

It would be even better if these awarded unique titles, and possibly carried minor visual effects. For example, these could grant the title Truly Elite, and the word Elite could change colors as someone progresses through the feats. Eventual rewards could also include unique auras and/or accessories and Survival Mode style cosmetics.
  3. spack2k Steadfast Player

Dont like it, as a feat hunter it forces me to play elite even if i dont want to and Lpve burned me out in this regard but maybe u will find other takers...
    • Like x 9
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

Eww...no just no. I despise those grindy feats of "play this instance 500 times" type feats.
    • Like x 8
  5. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Oh.... oh... please be still my beating heart. I've been waiting for this day. I hope I don't have a heart attack.

Having problems getting into content? Maybe you should just join a league... or better yet, use LFG.

That's the answer to everyone's problem of not being able to get into content. So you can't get into Elite end game stuff? Welcome to the world of the new players. Old content is a ghost town. Take the advice of all those heavy hitters here on the forums and:

1) Join a league.
    2) Just use LFG to form your own group.

If you can't figure that out on your own? Tough luck. It isn't the Dev's fault.
    • Like x 1
  6. LeagueOfV Dedicated Player

I agree finding GOOD elite groups is tough at the end of the DLC, especially on the villain side. I started on the Titans DLC about 2 weeks after it came out, and my first 2 weeks of elite runs were fine. Then the quality had a steep drop off, and it would take hours on LFG to even form a group. I didn't finish my renown until the last week. So on Atlantis I used replays and finished my renown in the first few weeks.

I don't like the idea of the grindy feats you mention. Instead having a rare item drop like in ZooE is a good idea. Or having rare styles or base items added to last boss loot after 4 weeks and 8 weeks.
    • Like x 1
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No. Only because I don't believe most people actually enjoy the elite content. The grinders in my league rerun old elite content to farm stuff to sell. Once you have the gear, that's really the only reason to go back.

Our end gamers want SM type content, not to be forced to run horrible elite crap months on end.
    • Like x 3
  8. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I thought you were going to give ideas on how to solve the issue you seen with the longevity of elite raids?

What happened couldn't come up with anything else?

If it was me, big if, I'd make elite raids, Elite.

It would be so difficult that by the time anyone completed the elite gear the life of the DLC would be near to the end, because players would be forced to run Solo's, duo's, and complete the vendor gear just to get a small chance to beat the first boss.

I get that a lot of people would be upset, will threaten to quit, drop their sub, lay on the ground kicking and screaming, but I'd just ignore them and remove there post and thread the second they violated the terms of the threads.

It just seems so wrong that instead of farming the lesser content to run elite, people can farm the elite just to run the normal content.

But that's just me, I guess.
    • Like x 1
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

I don't love the counter idea.

I do love having a rare drop at the end of an elite raid a la Zoo E and Pan E (there's a reason people still run those every week!).
    • Like x 2
  10. Zneeak Devoted Player

If the goal is to create longevity in Elite content, I think we need to stop dancing around the one thing that actually works, being actually increasing the difficulty and mechanics in Elites making them truly different from the normal version. A game-mode of challenge by design, giving you a truly different experience from the normal version to gear up for and beat, with included gear progression to properly reward your efforts. Additional rare drops at last boss also works.

Of course, some do like it the way it currently is, where the difficulty is watered down to give you a direct shortcut to the best rewards, with as little challenge to have to deal with as possible on the quest of farming max renown so one can just move on. ZzzZZz.
  11. Knarlydude Loyal Player

[IMG]

That is not a solution.
    • Like x 1
  12. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Yes, I despise those feats too. IMO, The thinking behind those feats is just lazy.

Lets run 1000 elite raids for 1 SP. xD
    • Like x 2
  13. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

100% with you.

At one time, they started making "easy" content for players that could not complete raids, during the FOS days. I really don't see why they don't bring back some of the oldies but goodies type raids that were legit hard raids. This is my three.

Prime Battle Ground
    Paradox Wave
    Fos2

These raids, if brought up to level of end game, or even set a level or two above the mix CR, would be fun. No reason to have the silly two death deal. It's a one and done.

Probably won't happen, but ya never know.

Sad thing, we really need a reason to "need" this elite gear also. Being max CR for no reason what so ever is getting old.
    • Like x 2
  14. Schimaera Devoted Player

I just read "complete *insert at least three digits number*"

[IMG]
  15. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Oh good grief..

You want Elite Content to be the new LPVE?

[IMG]

Pass.
    • Like x 3
  16. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

Replay badges changed everything. Now, the game's life relies in part on RB sales. In order for that to work, raids must be completable. Honestly, I'd be happy with much harder raids if they were accompanied by the elimination of replay badges.
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

I go back to what Proxy said in another thread where right now it's almost like the game isn't designed to gear up for anything in the current episode. The max cr we get is pretty much to gear up for "next" episode. I think first they need to shift away from that. Barring that, I would maybe like to see a third truly Elite raid drop around halfway through the episode when they add the extra items to the vendors. A raid that you would need to at the very least have multiple pieces of elite gear to even be able to make a dent in. Or just make the second elite raid like this and have maybe a couple of elite or OP pieces only available from completing this raid

When I say "truly elite", I don't mean just jacking up the bosses/adds health or adding a bunch more one shots, or putting us in a restricted bubble and calling it a day. Have more mechanics like the essence in throne of the dead which only certain roles can kill. Or even like KCT where there are time that certain s roles can't attack a boss or group of adds. Even something like the maze room in the one lantern raid where half the group has to stay behind to open the doors and defend the consoles while the other half navigate their way through. Heck, maybe just more splitting up the group in general would also help get back to the 2+2+2+2 group style. It doesn't have to be in every raid. Have the group attempt to hold subbosses in a certain spot where if they don't die on the spot they get resurrected. Even the puzzle rooms in spindrift weren't that bad imo. You could even build on existing mechanics like in a single battle with multiple bosses.

I know most of these are examples of past mechanics that alsready exist. But even combining some of them into one big battle could make things a lot more interesting. Even more environmental effects that could be used for or against the group. I'm sure some of the devs here could come up with some great original ideas on top of what is already in the game.
    • Like x 1
  18. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

Going to add my no vote to the pile. Feats like that just wind up driving players crazy. Look I have 10 alts now that have managed to complete the feats involved for defeating 500 Rogues. That requires a player to log ion on 56 different days and find and defeat all 9 Rogues in order to complete.... More days become involved if the player can't locate or does not have the time to hunt down all 9 and just as a reminder you can NOT use replay badges on those bounties and defeating Capt Cold 10 time in one day gets you credit for ONE defeat .. the other 9 are useless because it does not count unless you have the mission. Now I have it on that many character because I just run the things while I am exo-material hunting but a lot of players don't even bother any more because it takes too long and you have trouble even finding a team doing it anymore so you have to wait until your way past relevant to solo it. My latest alt to obtain 500 defeats .. did it at CR 250.

Now let's keep in mind we are talking about a player base that yelled and screamed until they got the Devs to stop including the weekly mission to defeat 300 or 400 mob members in DLC because it took a whole HOUR or so too accomplish with a team. And you really think they'll be happy having to run elite raids 500 or 1000 times? I am assuming you mean they can accumulate those totals over time and over numerous DLCs but as some one else pointed out. players normally run the elite content long enough to get the feats and armor and then run the normal or even the event version to just grab more currency. Hey I had a CR 220 alt doing the COT event raid the other day and we had 3 players on team that were CR 258. All those guys cared about was CASH.. they didn't need the armor that dropped and wanted to be done as fast as possible.
    • Like x 1
  19. lordexecution365 Loyal Player

I don't mind the RB, if they did make them more challenging.

With increased difficult like what we had with those 3 raids, people would still burn them on content they can complete with ease, I seriously doubt many would get far if they actually made elite content elite.

Most possible struggle enough with regular content until elite players come back and assist them, imagine spending RB, and taking the chance that you won't complete the elite raid, my money would be on something different, like gearing up more.

I don't like to refer to OC, because it was handled badly with missing loot and the excessive lag and glitches, but it still had the difficulty up to the point they nerfed it TWICE and nerfed it again when everyone was 1 shotting everything, money was still being made when it was super hard though.

I actually now believe that they have seen the numbers and threw out the baby with the bath water because of the low completion rate, seems to me that it still can be done now that you don't need to be max CR to advance to new content, they just need to get over the fear and stick to a comment similar to what they said when discussing OP gear... It is not guaranteed to anyone.
  20. Mazahs Loyal Player

Many people replay the hell outta the first boss FTFY

Make Elite I dunno..... actually Elite and this isn't a problem. Too bad that cuts into DBG profits by tricking sheeple that they are good by buying the crap outta replay badges when in truth most couldn't DPS their way out of a way paper sack.
    • Like x 1