Amazing new content! Thanks!!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by QuantumFlange, Mar 11, 2019.

1. QuantumFlange Active Player

Absolutely blown away with the work on this years St. Patrick’s event, one very ‘meh’ eye style and a generic “collect X base items that you’ll never use”.

For a grand total of 20 feat points.

Can’t wait to grind the repetitive 33 coins a day and the same route of Metropolis for these awesome rewards ^^
  2. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Um....somehow I think you did NOT find the content amazing....or am I reading this wrong?

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  3. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

St Pattys has always been a small filler type event. Not sure what you were expecting....
    • Like x 4
  4. Iconic Simulation YouTuber

The OP is trying to be sarcasstic.
  5. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 11
  6. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Duh.....so was I. Although I figured it was 'sarcastic'....thanks for enlightening me on the proper speeeling.

Just in case....yeah, that was sarcasm too.

Reinheld
    • Like x 1
  7. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

I heard there was a mystical event somewhere in the middle;_;
  8. Draconiano Committed Player

[IMG]
  9. bigbadron alt Dedicated Player

Seasonals are pretty much the same every year, because there are feats attached. Changing the seasonal might mean that those feats are no longer available. Like when they changed the Valentine seasonal, and ended up having to give away all the feats to players who weren't around for the original.

But, of course, giving away feats always results in crying from people who "worked their behinds off" to get the feats by doing the content. So they probably try not to do anything that means giving them away.
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

But..but.. I grind the 33 on majority of my alts everyday :confused: :p
    • Like x 2
  11. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Hey, at least they let you skip the tour videos now. The first few years this was not an option. Sound down, I can blow through this thing pretty quick and with my marbles in tact. The coins are only annoying because of the nimrods who insist on wailing on the pots and getting all the coins out at once vs going a touch slower and getting 8 or 9 per pot, so done in 4 pots max...instead you have to go to 15 or more and eek out 2 or 3 per pot.

I can hear them now....
    "WHAT? POT NO LIKE MOAR BURN?! Give up you coins pot...GIVE DEM!!"

Reinheld
    • Like x 5
  12. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

What makes this one so different from other seasonals may I ask?
    Oh right, it just doesn't have an alert.

In my opinion it's nice to have a seasonal where an alert isn't mandatory to maximize the amount of marks you get, but because it doesn't have an alert to do like literally every other seasonal has... people have to complain about it. I mean seriously, If you guys are gonna call out the ST Patricks seasonal for being repetitive.. go ahead and go the full mile and call out the other seasonal events for also being repetitive.

Because if you take away the alerts from every other seasonal we have in DCUO or give an alert to ST patricks day, the objective and the formula is exactly the same as it's always been.
    • Daily.
    • Alert.
    • Marks.
    • Vendor
    • Buy item
    • Log out.

The only complaint I do agree with is that the 2 week time limit for this seasonal has always been a bad move in my eyes.
    • Like x 2
  13. QuantumFlange Active Player

I didn’t at any point state that the other seasonals aren’t repetitive, but as they’re not active right now it’s not very relevant... and given that we pay into the game, it’s not beyond the realm of imagination to think they could create *gasp* new seasonal content, or even new missions every year. *bigger gasp*. It’s hardly asking for a new DLC is it...
  14. tukuan Devoted Player

To be honest I like the breather that is the St Patty's event. A good litmus test of grind fatigue for me is how many stacks of flawed and solid exos I've got piled up waiting for me to grind the exo-materials to turn them to pristine.

After 3 months in a row of more demanding, in terms of time, events I've got more than 9 rows.

So with that in mind, I'm quite happy to have an event that I can polish the feats off in a couple of day (with alts that is) and then grab one or two extra pieces if I so desire. Also with the new content coming at the end of the month I'd just as soon not have to be polishing off seasonal feats as the content drops.
    • Like x 1
  15. Proxystar #Perception

Actually the base items from this event are actually very good.

Im sorry you feel the need to complain about grinding in an MMO, they're usually not grindy at all as a game genre, so i understand.
    • Like x 1
  16. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Considering the amount of time it takes to create content (whether new or converted), yes...it is like creating a DLC (partially, multiplied by the number of seasonals on top of the content they are already working on).
  17. HurricaneErrl Dedicated Player

Ya I'm not a base item person at all but I actually really like these ones. My base might actually have something other than a couple dogs and cats now lol
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

i like the base items, but outside of the ones with green coins in the mix (as these are somewhat easily avoidable) the other pots are somewhat annoying. a shield/patience might somewhat work on the falling object one and i got nothing to counter the marble pot of gold. annoying and time consuming but not awful, even the 5-100 clover items are mostly attainable (i have to buy those again as well as the druid antlers this year) if a player has a good alt, especially aoe ones. plus it's slightly easier to find the pots (even though on some of them i only get like 3 coins) than most other event objectives, especially if you can find an unsequestered isolated open area where no one is farming.
  19. The Doctor Time Lord Committed Player

Yeah but it IS only St. Patrick's Day which is sort of a niche holiday. Now if we could have a DAILY event to celebrate HAPPY HOUR that would be cool. Two for One Marks between 6 and 8 PM anyone? :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

Yeah but in the grand context of things, It hurts that this one is so short because it gives you less time to earn the rewards than what you could do in other seasonals throughout the game.

If the event was purely about cosmetics, you'd virtually hear no fuss about the time limit from me.