Real Question for the dev's about the hackers!

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by kingmasternova, Mar 1, 2019.

1. kingmasternova Loyal Player

Why are you allowing them to hack your product?

I did post this yesterday but look like you remove it.
    So if this one get remove I will keep making it over and over again.
  2. majosea Dedicated Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 5
  3. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You can bet this one will be removed as well and your account will be suspended. If you wanted to have a serious conversation about this subject you could have PMd Mepps directly.
    • Like x 2
  4. kingmasternova Loyal Player

can't do that and if he does I put it back on he'll if I can't I just make another account. If can't do that I will go to a place that I can use a random computer that will make the account.

This should be a ez question to answer. If they don't care then they don't care about the game. If they don't care about the game then turn it off.
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Stop it. Get some help.
    • Like x 2
  6. Jack T. Chance Devoted Player

You seem to have a total lack of knowledge about what hackers DO. Allow me to enlighten you.

The Devs aren't "allowing" the hackers to hack DCUO. The hackers are doing it on their own BECAUSE THEY CAN. They have the necessary coding skills to be able to find the vulnerabilities in the game's code and exploit them.

But with each new Game Update, a part of the Update is patching those vulnerabilities to shut the hackers out. But then the hackers just find NEW vulnerabilities they can exploit and update their techniques so they can still do what they want to do. It's a never-ending cycle. There's only so much the Devs behind any game can actually do to put a stop to it. No game's system is perfect.

If that answer's not good enough for you, tough. The Devs aren't likely to reply, but even if they did, their answer would likely be similar to mine.

I'm not sure what you hoped to gain from posting this repeatedly, but as others have said, the Devs cannot and WILL NOT openly discuss this topic on the game's Official Forums. Trying to force them to do so will only get you banned, as others have mentioned.

If it's that damned important to you to discuss this topic in a public forum, I suggest you use your Google-Fu to find 3rd party forums for the game to see if any of those unofficial forums allow discussion of this topic, because the Official Forums never will.
    • Like x 3
  7. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

Fixed your post to reflect what will happen to you eventually. One of the forum rules is that we are not allowed to discuss their moderation tactics. You are without question breaking that rule and tempting them to exercise their right to moderate you. But hey, if you want a forum vacation or an excuse to create new accounts in a pointless pursuit, go right ahead. :)
    • Like x 4
  8. KHALONofOGUN 10000 Post Club

That's your opinion. The fact is though that they are under ZERO obligation to discuss how or why they make the decisions they do. As it is, they don't "allow" people to hack their games. People do that of their own free will. What they may or may not allow (which I suspect is the problem that's bothering you) is to possibly let them get away with their actions. For an answer to that question you'd either have to be an employee there or an investor in the company. Otherwise you have no rights to know (you can continue to stubbornly ask, but you still have no right to know).
    • Like x 2
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Maybe you should tempt it a bit more by putting at the end...

"What are you going to do BAN me?"

Should get the job done.

Reinheld
    • Like x 4
  10. Kilbane Active Player

When I end up with someone clearly speed hacking, I generally use the in-game /report with a note about hacking, ignore the person, and leave the group. If i can get them to comment on thier "l33t hacking skillz" all the better. I doubt it is followed up on, but at least I feel that I've done what I can on my end.

Cheaters gonna cheat.
  11. zZzTorrOzZz Committed Player

I'd just PM an actual Dev and run everything you have seen down to him or place a ticket about it along with any "evidence" you may have concerning these issues.