constant game crash at load screen

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Proddy, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Proddy Active Player

I'm getting a constant game crash at load screen , before character select. I submitted a help ticket with the requested files attached . It has been over 18 hours and still no correspondence with CS. The crash report has no description other than "Error in DCUO PC Client" . In the field below I described the problem and submitted it . I've also reinstalled the game just because the ticket was taking longer than I thought it should to be at least responded to. The re-install did not change anything and I'm still getting the same error and crash.
    Is anyone else having anything similar happen? if so is there a work around ? any help
    would be appreciated.
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

They will reply within 3 business days.
  3. tioalbert Well-Known Player

Change server us for eu, update.

Later finish update in server eu change for us, again.

Maybe helpyou run dcuo, luky.
  4. Proddy Active Player

I will try that !
  5. Proddy Active Player

Nope . no luck there :(
  6. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Please take a screenshot next time (use print screen button then paste into ms paint and save).

What operating system are you running? Windows Vista can no longer be used and when they updated the game so you couldn't play it on Vista it behaved similarly but had a clear prominent error message so I'm wondering if you're running below Windows 7 trying to play the game but it's not disclosing full error, I would think not but best to ask.

You can also try this old method BUT backup i.e. copy the files first to another folder, if this doesn't work restore them.

After you do the above, try launching the game - if it fails to launch click the tools icon on the launchpad and Validate Game Assets, now try. If that fails too then do as the person above said and switch from US to EU server then back again and try (I know but that has solved some odd issues in the past such as the older infamous "download ids_UNABLETODOWNLOAD" from long ago so it does do something). Now if all of that fails restore the files and await reply in your ticket. *Alternatively I have solved some odd issues on my daughters pc by simply installing the pc executable instead of her running the game from let's say Steam.

Good Luck!
    • Like x 1
  7. Proddy Active Player

ok ! so everything is all fixed up for me . I just wanted to drop a quick not and say thanks to everyone in this thread that tried to help :D.
    it just so happens that the instructions that Thelastsuperman showed above worked and were the exact instructions that Mike D from CS sent me . Thanks a bunch guys for getting me back into the game !
    • Like x 1