Tank Skill point allocation

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Dannyro19, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Dannyro19 Active Player

Hello
    grinding y way through skill point increases and i have a couple questions in regard to my fire tank:

I am a brawler choosing hybrid as my loadout: while i find myself using precision and superpowers, is it worth putting skill points into two handed /mastery for the home run skill?

I am obviously focused on health, with a bit on dominance, and if i have around 200 skill points to spend on stat points, should i be splitting evenly between health and dom 100 and 100 or should it be a different ratio?

I have to put 20 points into healing crit chance, but my assumption is crit healing shouldnt be touched until my health is maxed out. correct?

thanks
    Dan
  2. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

well I can only tell you what ive done with my fire tank but atm im not looking at the character but I believe I went full crits 5 in resto then split between dom and health till I got em to 100(I think 105 specifically) then I dropped 5 each in prec, M&P, and another 5 in resto. and he is at like 303 sp or something like that.
  3. Trexlight Devoted Player

For Fire, Going full Healing Crits is the right way to go. Going health or even Dominance first is the classic direction for the Tanks. For Fire you do benefit from speccing into Resto. I suggest putting 100 points minimum into your first main stat before moving on into another stats so you get the 10% increase (maxes at 100 Stats Points). So for the moment expect to have 60 SPs for your Crits then 100 into Health then move on to Resto to strengthen Self Heals or move to Dominance to increase Shield strength. Resto will also increase Shield Strength too so its a nice two-fer.

Regarding the Mastery, that is a huge Skill Point spend which of course is your choice but be weary cause 18 Points just to get both Brawling and Two Hand masteries then buying the specific Combo you want. I would suggest just spending the 8 points in Brawling (9 if you want the Mastery to do extra weapon damage, doesnt hurt). Again, if you have the Skill Points to spend, you can go into Precision but for any of the 6 stats below, youll want the 100 SPs minimum before moving on to the next one. Or fully maxing them at 225 then moving. There's both the Min route and the Max.

Hope this helps.
    • Like x 1
  4. AV Loyal Player

Don't forget fire gets a health boost equivalent to 2.2xDom though. That said, Fire has such a colossal health pool I don't think it's wrong to build it how someone wants. It's got a good amount of flexibility. Agreed that 2x mastery is a bit much and that ppl should aim for the 10% bonuses.
    • Like x 1
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

I only spent 1 point in weapon. 1 in Hardlight Shield. I put points in movement and grabbed the SC shield. Superpowered focus, all the Heal crits, 5 points into Might/Power, full health and whatever was left I threw in Dom. I have over 400 SP.
  6. L T Devoted Player

Fire doesn't get that anymore
    It's a straight 50% health buff.

When I looked at things, before artifacts, Restoration was more valuable than Dom for Fire.
    • Like x 2
  7. useless Well-Known Player

Will try this and put sp like that,ty.
    Playing only on my main,alts i use as bank and for seasonals,have dps and support role at cr258 (302sp ) atm and would like to play tank more.
    Have 8sp in weapons,7 in movemant,crits have 10/20 and 26/40,160 in health,87 in dom.And 4 iconics,two shields,lasso and pheromone bloom (using that super with my EoG at 157.
    Dom or Resto ? So i should do 60 in crits,100 health,100 dom and rest in resto ?
    One more question,have all 4 might augments at 227,and i have 4 doms at 227 and 2 resto at 227.I use 4 doms atm,should i go 3 dom 1 resto,2 - 2 or leave it all dom ?
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

That is no longer true. It's now a flat 50% bonus. What you describe is the way it was during AM days.
    • Like x 2
  9. Dannyro19 Active Player

I've been using 3 Dom augments and one resto, however considering what LT said Im going to make the ratio at least 2-2. I've been raising Dom first before resto but now I might go back to resto. I picked Dom before resto because of Shields and the fact that Dom adds health via the dilistal artifact
    • Like x 1
  10. Trexlight Devoted Player

Being Fire, I would think the Reignition Supercharge would be fine as a spammer to use EoG. Unsure what the SC cost is for Phero Bloom which Im guessing is 25% lol.

I would switch the stats and put the 100 in Resto then left over in Dom. As LT stated above, Resto is stronger for Fire than Dom. Resto you get bonus to your Self heals and strengthens your shields where only strengthens your Shields.

Augments is a bit tough. i dont think its wise to split Augments but honestly to each their own. I would go for it and test it out to see how it goes. Keep this in the back of your mind too and its what I always ask myself when speccing. "Are you going to Turtle or going to Assault?" If youre going to Turtle, than go for the 2 Dom 2 Resto. If youre going to be more Assault, then work on getting to using 4 Resto. Use the Split now until those other 2 are leveled up.
    • Like x 1
  11. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

The Resto Build is subpar compared to maxing Health then the rest into Dom or a Dom/Resto build. Your survivability chances are increased by going max health with the high health pool with the Health buff Fire receives. The Resto build is viable and suffice in regular content , but not in elite. Fires self healing is not enough to take the massive damage spikes coming from elite bosses and ads. Having 2 healers and a full health build in elite will make things a little easier (if there is such a thing as a Fire Tank) versus the Resto Build. Fires defense does not buff as much as Rages. If it did, Fire would be alot more popular tanking elite content than it is in its current state.

I'm not a great Fire Tank myself, tried for years. I only speak from Tanking Elite content, since revamp. I have very good Fire Tank friends that would tell you the same. Health is priority. Dom 2nd, and if you have the sp...then some in rest as well.
    • Like x 4
  12. AV Loyal Player

Ack, thanks. Was trying to find up to date info but obviously failed. Much appreciated.
    • Like x 1
  13. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Pheromone Bloom is 2500, Reignition is 5000. If you have Scrap & Eye and the PBIII head mod: hit PB, stay in the circle, run a few weapon attacks and you're back to full SC.

On my fire tank I have the healing crits maxed, 100 in Resto, 60 in Dom, and about 170-180 in Health... mind you, I do have about 450 SP to allocate and I do tinker with them every now and again. I run Dom origins augments, and a Dom & Resto adaptive. I also occasionally will tinker with swapping out a Resto augment for one of the Dom augments in my origins.

I suggest taking this discussion over to the Trailblazing Guide to Fire
    • Like x 1
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Keep in mind there's added Health in the Dom Augments and not the Resto.
    • Like x 1
  15. Darth Piper Loyal Player

There is health in both. The amount is different with the Dom augments providing more.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This ^^^

I experimented with a primary Health/secondary Resto spec, the heals are nice but shields are fragile. You will feel squishy.
    • Like x 2
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

18. Dannyro19 Active Player

So opinions vary in regard to stat allocation...do we all agree I have to waste 40 sp into healing crits?
  19. AV Loyal Player

For serious endgame content your heals aren`t very helpful and you`ll be getting mad over-cured as it is, so IMO only do the min into the first tier then proceed to the core stats. The self-heals are kinda just icing on the cake but can`t be relied upon at all when you best possible hear ever, fully specced for it, won`t come close to the pain a raid boss will dish out in the time it takes you to cast it.
  20. AruEdu Well-Known Player

please bro help the noob...

Hybrid?? or SUperpowers based? i supose it is caused by the artifacts and the Equipment defense ?
    also if you not need heal in the end game content... what you do with you r Habilties points?? all like DPS for Critical chance and Critical Damage'?? or same than tank full Healt power and full Critic Heal ?
    pre Thanks.. h