We should be THE BOSS.

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by No0t, Jan 27, 2019.

1. No0t New Player

Simple concept, when heroes enter an instance mission all appropriate leveled villains in the same map are give the mission of being the BOSS replacing the AI boss in said mission. And vise-versa with heroes. You could call it pvp mission. Want more big game changing ideas? freaking hire me as a game designer brainstorm helper staff er... or whatever you wanna call it.
    • Like x 1
  2. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Umm...

No.

Forcing PVE players to play to PVP will not work and PVP mechanics need a lot of work.

Not gonna happen Boobookins.
    • Like x 9
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I see someone saw my sig and clicked the link lol.

Or.... we both had the same idea lol.
  4. FoolsFire Devoted Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 2
  5. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

No I don't see that happening. Myandria sums it up pretty well... That would be forcing players that only want to do PvE content to suddenly engage in PvP. Now look at the history of this game.... In recent years they have spent less and less and less time on PVP. While I don't presume to know the whole reason behind the trend a good educated guess? Looking at their stats it occurred that way more people were playing the PVE content and totally ignoring PVP. Heck they even created LPvE content where any player can use the Legendary character in a PvE atmosphere.. the same "Legends" that originally were only usable in PVP content.

There hasn't been a new map or a new.. well basically anything developed strictly for PvP in ages and no amount of complaining here on the forums has altered that fact.... what other reason cab there be for that aside from the fact that not enough players engage in PVP to make it worth spending money on. Now with THAT is mind I seriously doubt they would tick off the PVE player base by trying to force them to PVP.
    • Like x 3
  6. Draconiano Committed Player

I really would like to see some of us as enemies both villains and heroes (you know sometimes heroes are part of the wrong team and clones also exist).
    Devs could do contests and choose some random heroes/villains to form part of the new DLCs as a sidekick of the iconic hero/villain that we fight, I don't think it would be hard to do that, no modelling since they would use our current styles, programming? yes, just make a loadout for each power and make "us" throw some powers/combos as the mind control works, but less silly.

I mean, in each DLC we have to fight dozens of the same NPC, why we can't be these these NPC? doesn't need to make us OP, just more powerfull than a mob and less than a sub-boss. Not talking about PvP here, just convert actual players into NPC and make these to form part of the DLCs.
  7. Zlohsac Committed Player

This is probably the best idea, ever.
  8. Trexlight Devoted Player

Its called Legends PVP lol
    • Like x 1
  9. Reinheld Devil's Advocate

Let's hope you come up with better ideas than you do for job titles.

Reinheld
    • Like x 3
  10. DCUO SmackThem Well-Known Player

The revamp killed PVP. I myself am more of a PVPer and want nothing to do with DCUO pvp. I don’t want to see that abomination added to the PVE aspect. I’m still not over how bad DC let PVP go from being great to boring and full of cheese. Don’t need it to be rubbed in my face while going against an AI
  11. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

I wanna call it a "creative consultant". It's a fancy name for peeps that throw around ideas.

I'm going to guess that they have plenty of those already... plus, they get a bunch of free ideas from players on the forums. It's just a matter of picking out the diamonds from the broken glass. It might be a shiny sparkly thing.... but not worth a thing.
  12. Eve YouTuber

Me and my friend thought the same thing. At least in a solo where you can fight yourself (and style changes depends on your armories
    or the one you use the most). It would be challenging but extremely fun.
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

EQ2 does something similar during one of the Nights of the Dead events (Halloween)- you enter a 'Haunted' Mansion to find out what happened, at the end, you descend to the dungeon and walk up to a mirror and see someone walking towards you: it is an evil (relatively, considering you could be playing a gnome necromancer... or a fae warden :p ) version of you (or the other person who is carrying your sorry arze)
  14. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

Well, that would definitely stink for me here in DCUO... this is NO POSSIBLE WAY that my healer could beat an "evil healer version" of me. The heals are so through the roof right now with these artifacts, that I would be unable to overcome the healing.
  15. Illumin411 Loyal Player

Metal Gear Online for PS3 had a similar concept which I loved. One of the players that queued for the match was designated as Snake and given all kind s of survival tools, including stealth, and the others had to find him and kill him. It was a lot of fun.

I agree that it should be optional. Nobody should be forced to do a PVP-ish event if they don't want to.
  16. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It wasn't an exact copy, or if it was, it was still being controlled by a crappy AI (fairly sure it just copied your appearance, butt has been a few years since last did that event, and it usually ended up being a copy of the player who was carrying me {don't care if the mobs scaled to your level, always struggled to get through the first room solo :( })
    Shouldn't have been difficult to find him: just look for a moving box :p
  17. Hraesvelg Always Right

I get the feeling this is some sort of hardcore viral marketing for Bruce Springsteen's new one man show on Netflix.
  18. EconoKnight XIII Legion

[IMG]
  19. ALB Dedicated Player

It's a bad idea imo, and it wouldn't work. The q's would be long for heroes waiting on villains. It will be like pvp q's back in 2011. Villain q's were almost instant and hero q's were 15-30mins I think
  20. Version San Diego Active Player

Cross faction solo q event where one is randomly the chosen one. Giant beast morph from Circe, some brainiac drone, or a mind controlled man-bat. Bossing it up could be fun but I would rather see them make a one room boss fight(like dd). Just as long as they did it right and made it instead of sm which they are not bringing back.