2019 Powers?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by John Greener, Jan 28, 2019.

1. John Greener New Player

Any new power this year? Any ideas? Which one would u like to propose? Admitted and not granted that they will accept the proposals XD
  2. Mazahs Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 8
  3. L T Devoted Player

A new power set -- or even some new iconic abilities-- would add some freshness to the game

That having been said, recent artifacts have made it possible to play in new and fresh ways. That seems to be the direction the developers are moving in.
    • Like x 3
  4. Grant Gardner Level 30

New Powers that would be nice to have in game would be Darkness and Light. Light in game could perhaps be changed to Willpower. I know people will brought up Celestial but I don't consider it that. The inspired heroes and villains would be...

Light - Hero - Ray | Villain - Dr. Light
    Darkness - Obsidian - Hero | Villain - Shade
    • Like x 2
  5. BladeoftheMagus New Player

Why new powers when the ones we already have aren't balanced enough. I'm sure there are tons of people playing a power they don't like just because it performs better than others. Besides, precision is still king for the most part so ... maybe add new weapons or change weapon effects ?
  6. Mazahs Loyal Player

I would like new powers, but don't they will happen.
    To answer your question as to why...
    There has never been balance in this game. Not once...ever so what does that have to do with why not?

It's funny you bring up weapons. As the 2 that make prec king... are broke as a joke.
  7. Mentaldope40 Dedicated Player

People come back all the time for new powers, I personally think we need more melee based powers.
    • Like x 1
  8. Ryuvain Active Player

Most likely not. Most say we have enough powers and devs have stated they aren't working on any.

Too bad though, theres nothing catching my attention for this game after that.
  9. Kid Multiverse Loyal Player

My guess is that any new powers or abilities would come through artifacts from here on out.
    • Like x 1
  10. Brit Loyal Player

At this point, we have 15 powersets with an equal distribution of 5 in each role. And subscribers get 16 character slots, enough to try one of each powerset and find what they like.

Honestly, I think I'd like future powers just to be placed into the iconics tree to give us greater flexibility in builds. If the rest of the Iconics got the same love that Heat Vision did this year, we might start to see some real diversity in the game. And a couple of cleverly designed Iconics could fix what was lacking in certain powersets, like the way an Iconic 8 person shield would finally put Nature on more equal footing to other healers.
    • Like x 5
  11. John Greener New Player

What do u think about Light-Healer?
    • Like x 1
  12. Apolloin Well-Known Player

I would love more iconics. They could even give us some of the powers that the legends have. They are already in the game and shouldn’t be too hard to implement right?!?!?
    • Like x 4
  13. Sehlen New Player

More Iconics will be awesome!!! different power of iconic PVP Legend like Dr Fate, DoubleFace...
    • Like x 3
  14. AV Loyal Player

I'd like to see a bio/organic/toxic powerset. Eg. slime/ooze/toxin/spray/poison/blight/bio attacks. Nature is all plants where this would be more medical. It's a powerset that would suit villains more than heroes but I ultimately think that's a good thing since pretty much every non-lantern power is either neutral or better suited for heroes, thematically speaking.
  15. Mystyfy Level 30

I'd definitely like to see an expanded iconic tree, and it would be nice to see abilities from the abandoned "Serums" power to make it in there. The grapple mechanic they were going to use as a super strength type powerset could be justified as stand alone powers in the iconic tree. Super Strength as it stands now is a huge let down anyway.

I think they could really add in some huge variety if they took the time to expand upon both the Iconic and movement ability trees. There's a lot of untapped potential to use them and it just seems wasted or forgotten.
    • Like x 6
  16. PostPatriots123 New Player

It's best to say we're not getting any new powers anytime soon. I hate to be pessimistic, but we have not heard from DCUO about any new powers yet. Maybe when tier 10 comes out with new episodes a new power will be apart of that, but as of right now, just go with what we have now. If a new power is to come out, it will probably be based off the new episode who knows. But to answer your question, I would like to see a power based off of Jinx. Jinx is a villain of the Teen Titans and is a Hive member along with Gizmo and Mammoth. I say this Jinx power be controller based because i cannot see it anywhere else. Also, everyone is so focused on power types, how about we get some new movements or even new personalities. Anybody got any ideas?
  17. Mystyfy Level 30

I always see teleportation thrown around when this topic gets brought up. It would be cool to see anything new as far as movement modes since we haven't had anything else since launch.

I think a super jump would be a cool addition, having a way to control it both vertically and horizontally would really be fun. Before anyone says it copies the Hulk, it was Superman's first form of travel when he came out. So no, it doesn't copy the Hulk.

I would also like to see either elemental movement modes or maybe different forms/poses while flying/gliding. They could add these in as movement styles.

Shape shifting and phasing through small objects similar to Martian Manhunter would also be pretty cool.
    • Like x 2
  18. recoil2 Dedicated Player

or what every one else already calls it, hardlight.
    • Like x 2
  19. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

I for one kind sir admire your freshness and boldness. Asking for powers in a once a year dlc game with a declining population, you sir are going places in this world. Business school isn't one of them but places none the less.
  20. Quantum Rising Committed Player

There will be no more powers in this game. Even if they HINT at a possible power it's extremely unlikely to ever come out. After they announced Water it took then 3 years to release it.

3 YEARS after announcement.

And TC's make much more money with half the workload of making a new powerset (which they'd have to create powers for, balance, and a whole bunch of stuff). TC's all they have to do is make a material/aura/style and they're set. Look at how many materials and auras are just recycled from previous ones.

I wish what I was saying wasn't true but new powers... not likely to ever happen again.
    • Like x 1