Orb of Arion needs changes

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Cadens, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

I had a hellish experience trolling Throne n 1st boss about 6 weeks back with a mouthy heal (who I'm certain was using this, impossible to empty his bar so quick otherwise), & a bunch of dps in the low 140's. The dps weren't blocking sea beast's skull & every time I picked them up the heal was empty, like from full to empty in no time.

Heal started complaining about power. I pointed out I couldn't give power when I was constantly reviving, so then he got on the dps' case. The lowest dps rage quit because he had most boss damage & left calling the rest noobs. Got someone else & think we got the raid finished without wiping again, but the heal did say on the way out we should stay out of elite (on the off chance he's reading this I'm full renown).

I very rarely have bad experiences, far less toxic, even when pugging but this was 1.

It sounds efficient in the right hands, but there are a lot of wrong hands out there.
    • Like x 4
  2. Mohican378 Dedicated Player

This entire thread is mind boggling.

You cast the priority heal for the orb of arion ONCE. and then the spirit does your priority healing six times. the same priority heal YOU would have cast six times. If you're casting orb of arion with your priority heal and THEN spamming you priority heal, you're doing it wrong, and it shouldn't be a surprise you're running out of power. You should be casting it ONE TIME every 9 seconds. The whole point of the artifact at max level is that you don't need to be spamming your priority heal. The artifact is already doing that.

I run with orb in elite all the time. I'm a nature healer. I never have power issues. Trolls love me. You should be running either omegahedron or demons fang or BOTH, and you'll never find yourself with power issues.

This is really a thread about healers who don't know how to heal without spamming heals all the time.
    • Like x 10
  3. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Bingo. I run Orb, Eye, and Scrap as my artifacts on my healer (celestial) and I don't have power issues. It's because I watch for the Spectral Ally and only cast my priority heal when it's out there if there's an emergency. Throw in the odd weapon attack (replenishing adapter), work other powers in with their combos that will help provide some extra healing or HOTs. I have full elite gear and use Power Efficiency in the chest socket. I don't have problems.
    • Like x 2
  4. Dene Devoted Player

I use it with Electric healing.. it changed the way I heal yes but that was expected.. if you like how you play without then go for it

I do not strain trollers because i changed how I use it - I use a diff heal while the ally is out and all is fine
    • Like x 1
  5. Jensu Well-Known Player

these are the artifacts i am using, i tried the orb, but did not like the power cost for my priority heal, until i have a better understanding on the orb, i like the artifacts i am using.
  6. Trexlight Devoted Player

Boom. Nailed It. If you're spamming Priority Heal, then clearly the Orb will do your job for you. If you're spamming the Heal and not using the Orb, why would you treat your Controller like that?
    • Like x 6
  7. Brit Loyal Player

I love the Orb and use it religiously as a Nature Healer. When I play my Electric Healer, I prefer to go the Gemini route. Different powersets with different playstyles.

What the Orb does, it does well. It turns the priority heal into a big whompum heal that can save somebody from almost dead to full in basically one whack. That x3 priority heal for x3 power cost is huge benefit because it hits 3 priority heals immediately instead of having to try and spam them over the course of the next 1.5 seconds to equal the same amount of healing. Using the Orb does more healing, does it faster, and actually ends up being 25% more power efficient. The Orb definitely has it's place.

That being said, there is one substantial change that I would make. The pet is basically just the icing on the cake, with the artifact's primary function being the x3 priority heal. Half the time the pet is juggled or CC'd and doesn't even throw out half it's heals. And from rank 1-159, it only casts 1/2 priority heals, which is just not enough to take the pressure off of you while you recover power.

The change I would propose is this:

Rank 80: Pet is summoned for 3 seconds, casting a full priority heal every 1.5 seconds. (double the healing, half the duration)
    Rank 120: Pet is summoned for 6 seconds, casting a full priority heal every 1.5 seconds. (double the heaing, 2/3 the duration)
    Rank 160: Pet is summoned for 9 seconds, casting a full priority heal every 1.5 seconds. (unchanged)
    At all levels: Casting the priority heal before the expiration of the pet refreshes him.

Those simple changes make it far more user friendly while leveling it up, instead of making it painful through rank 159 and then suddenly good at 160.
    • Like x 2
  8. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sometimes you have to let these guys starve.
    What I do is start watching health as well as power and watch if the healer is drinking colas. Then I lower my power dumps accordingly trying to get the healer to stop spamming. If no one is going down. I continue lowering the power dumps so that the healer either gets the hint or starts drinking all of his colas instead of me.
    After that, If the healer wants to complain about power.
    I tell them to stop spamming powers and they would have more than enough power.
    • Like x 2
  9. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Do you spam the heal when its not needed?
    • Like x 1
  10. ALB Dedicated Player

So you have power just not using it, because in your opinion the healer is using it to much?
    Just me, I haven't had any issue keeping any heal with power. Even if the healer is using the power every 1.5 secs I still have no problem because I know the troll is just a power bar healer. Only npc I debuff are bosses. The controller is never at fault in DC. It's always the other roles
  11. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Yes I think I explained why in the thread already but I’m a electric superpowered healer and I spam my priority heal just for the heck of it so I can add onto on my supercharge regen. So my playstye really has no use for the artifact I wouldn’t mind using it in open world pvp though lol
  12. Plowed In Loyal Player

!
  13. myandria Item Storage

:D

NONE of my healers (ok.. none of my characters) have elite gear and I do not have power issues when using Orb of Arion. I personally like the Orb because it requires you to THINK about when to use it. I don't like spamming heals unless it is an in emergency; I have other artifacts and mods that help with supercharge regen.

:eek::eek:! I've GOT to see that!
    • Like x 1
  14. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Sooooo,
    Basically you are saying that the artifact needs to be changed because you spam your heals unnecessarily.

Do you realize how self serving & asinine this proposal sounds?
    That would be on you to change not the artifact.

You play to use your SC's. Use the existing SC artifacts. Do not try to attempt to change something to fit your self serving agenda.

The devs did things from the Revamp forward so that there could be choices made in regards to playstyle, not everyone using the SSDD.

Edit*
    Before anyone brings it up.
    Whether or not people are using the same artifacts at this point in time is irrelevant because there are other avenues players can choose when it comes to artifacts. Attempting to do something like this would make the other choices less viable and looked down upon more than some already try to make them out to be.
  15. WesPypes3679 Committed Player

Revamp brought us the ability to have diversity in our builds, and Artifacts further diversified playstyles. If the Orb doesnt work for your playstyle, then dont use it. I find it helpful for my playstyle. I also like EoG on my Nature Healer, but NOT on my Celestial. Ive been every healing powerset, and I've never felt the need to spam any heals, so The Orb is very suited for me. I see too many Electric Healers spamming heals. Electric is all about burst heals and very little HoT. So its the most "reactive" healing powerset, plus all heals can be clipped together. Honestly if you just keep throwing heals out even when its not needed you're doing it wrong with electric imo. If I went back to Electric healing and I really wanted to use the Orb I would set it as a Priority HoT and tend to my other abilities. Thats just me though, and too each there own.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

[IMG]

Oh dear god...

Yep, no ummm, mmmmm
    • Like x 1
  17. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

I did not make this thread bro or make a statement saying it should be changed lol, all I said was this artfiact personally doesn’t benefit my play style either and I threw out some alternative artifacts the OP could try using instead of the orb.
  18. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Lol how is that bad!? If everything is going smoove why can’t I constantly hit my priority heal over and over to build some super charge regen here and there In between of my healing? That cool down on the priority heal is extremely quick and doesn’t conflict with anything what so ever. That’s just how I play I have the cloak, Gemini and demon fang and if the tanks doing his job or I have shields up I’m constantly spamming the move to build up another super
  19. SteelMachineZero Well-Known Player

Let me guess electric healer? It seems to be a power hog for electric
  20. Schimaera Devoted Player

Yeah, then Orb of Arion isn't your artifact. Leave it alone, mate.

Also if you're using the Demonfang Artifact, you could also just go Hybrid since you're using weapon combos already. What you're doing rn is over healing af ^^
    Again, if this is your playstyle, fine. OoA isn't for you then.
    • Like x 1