Stack size 4

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Tainted0Love, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Tainted0Love Well-Known Player

I get that you want to make some $$ by selling inventory and bank space (or mule toons). but 4 for a stack size with 30 some odd flavors is a little bit of an overkill.

Either selling or wasting them to make space (by waste I mean not finding/buying the exo-material to upgrade them).

Can I get that increased please?
    • Like x 2
  2. dresserball Dedicated Player

I thought it was that way so you couldn't use a booster and get a ton of experience.
    • Like x 2
  3. StealthBlue Loyal Player

For exobytes, there are far more than 30 varieties.
    There are 5 stat types and normal ones (for a total of 6), times 3 varieties (flawed, solid, pristine), times 11 or 12 levels (mk1, mk2, etc). So 198 if we only have 11 levels, but I believe we got a 12th so it's more like 216. Then there are the 6 episode specific ones as well.

The stack size is small to encourage you to use them as you get them. There hasn't been (and likely won't be) a double exobyte xp weekend, so the only reason to save any is to use an exobyte booster. I personally would only use a booster on the highest ranked type matched exo.

It's not worth the money to use a booster on a mk1 flawed resto exobyte you are fortifying into a might augment currently at rank 210. Though a stack or more pristine might mk12s would be a good use of that booster when fortifying that same might augment.

So really, you should only be saving a few types for use with boosters. I would say 2-8 inventory spaces per character, depending on if you are using 1 booster or 4 and if you play both roles.
  4. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

^this

4 in a stack, five slots. a maximum of 20 items. use a booster, get bonus on only 20 items.
    99 in a stack, five slots. a maximum of 495 items. use a booster, bet bonus on 495 items.

clearly, the four in a stack option is better for 'balance issues'
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

These responses are right on. The limitation is due to not wanting to get crazy with boosters, and it shouldn't matter much since you have no reason to stockpile these vs. use them when you get them.
    • Like x 1
  6. Hraesvelg Always Right

I've maxed my primary and secondary stat augments and adaptive augments. Just holding onto the Mk 11 and 12 for my primary and secondary augments takes up quite the amount of inventory since we can't even condense them into pristine, not to mention the non-stat ones...it adds up. I'm sitting with about 45 slots filled. I have them shunted onto a bank mule, but still.
    • Like x 1
  7. Lycan Nightshade Dedicated Player

it would still be nice for a small increase to the stacking maybe up to 10 or even 12 tho id be ok with even 8... I send gear and weapon drops to the main and do a huge breakdown session(yay ridiculous salvage feat o.o) and mk1-4s really don't do much to augments in the 200+ range... js
  8. StealthBlue Loyal Player

Then sell them? At least the ones that don't match what you need for your roles. If need be, only keep the pristine of the 2 stats you need. If you are already maxed out on everything, you obviously won't have an issue getting augments up in the next episode, so why horde them.

Alternatively, you could start leveling the other 3 augment types, so that if you ever decide to switch powers or become the other dps type you won't be starting over then.

Another option would be to buy spare episode augments to feed them into, so you can get a head start in the next episode by feeding them into the new ones and those don't take up any space in your inventory. Though, this only compounds your issue going forward.
  9. myandria Item Storage

Hmm...

Boosters.. GAAAHHHH

I keep forgetting to turn my old total recovery kits into boosters...:eek:
  10. tukuan Devoted Player

For the most part I agree with one big exception being the grey ones. Since upgrading them counts to the RnD feat I pass them from my alts to my main. However now I've got more than 10 rows of them stockpiled until I can get around to grinding out the exos needed to upgrade them. With the demands of the anniversary event I've not had time to do that so they keep piling up.

In the great scheme of things not a dramatic hassle and kinda a first-world problem. That said it would be better IMO if boosters threw a message if you tried to use them on more than a given max number and in turn then there'd be no reason not to up the stack size.
  11. Hraesvelg Always Right

Why hoard them? Is this your first MMO? HOARD ALL THE THINGS! You should have seen my bank toons filled to the brim when they first announced they were working on R&D. Grey items as far as the eye could see...LOL
    • Like x 1
  12. Yvtq8K3n Committed Player

Lets say im a tank and i max my might prec and dom augmenents. What should I do to those that left? Invest into resto even thought i will never use it? At least would be nice to benefit from it. even if it was just a small percentage. Thanks.
  13. StealthBlue Loyal Player

As I've mentioned above, you can sell them. Though you can feed them into your other origin augments so they are closer to max in the event that you want to switch powers (and become either a healer or troll) or want to try weapon dps.

You could also feed them to additional episode augments to reduce inventory space, to later feed to the next episode's augments. Though, you would lose some xp by doing this (unless you exclusively use the episode exos in the episode augments).
  14. myandria Item Storage

LOL!:D

HOARD ALL THE THINGS!

EXPAND YOUR INVENTORY SPACES!

HOARD ALL THE THINGS!

Is that a song?:D:p
  15. E Clip Dedicated Player

What, why wouldn't I want to stockpile them in preparation for the next level increase of the origin augments or the next adaptive augments? In a state of the game where stats are everything and the bonuses from the adaptive augments are so strong, having them at max level provides such a huge benefit that you really dont want to waste any time to max them out as quickly as possible. One way to do it is to stockpile. Buying them is a second option, but an incredibly tedious one. Once in a blue moon you'll see a stack of 4 for a reasonable price, but most list them 1 by 1 on the broker so buying them 1 by 1 is such an annoyance and then you have to collect them from your mail again 1 by 1, delete your mails 1 by 1. Its so tiresome to do that that takes an absurd amount of time.

All of this because you cant stockpile them, people want to get rid of them to free up space. If boosting is a problem, then the boosting system isnt well thought out, sorry. Create a better system that can work with larger stockpiles or modify the existing one. Give us a Artifact/Augments experience tab in our character menu, similar to how the Base item tab works, where we can put/save/store the exobytes/Nth Metal, or a sub tab in the Augments tab. That would probably be the most elegant solution, at least the best one I can think of right now.
    • Like x 1