Powers, revamp, and balance

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by ALB, Dec 6, 2018.

1. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

It was a fail.
  2. Knarlydude Loyal Player

Your biggest problem is what I highlighted in orange. No one is winning anything. It's a group effort. You seriously need to try to get out of that mindset.

Also, Like others have said. You need to figure out which powers you need to use in certain situations. It's not like it was before with AM's. Where you can use 4 or 5 powers & it works for everything.
    • Like x 1
  3. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Some people use AoE powers and brawling for example is multiple target. You can use those to do more damage to adds since there are more adds than bosses overall. Think about it, if you pop your orbital strike on a boss you're only doing damage to him alone, if you pop it on a large crowd of adds in Silent School you'll do much more damage! If you're waiting to fight the Golem and pop orbital then okay fine, you waited to do more damage to the boss but you actually did less damage overall because you used a multi-target on a single target (so in other words use in crowds to clear them faster so you can reach boss quicker and do more damage overall).

Another example is loadout and timing of moves. Now let's use an original power, Ice. Let's say you use Frost Blast... are you targeting one npc OR targeting one while camera is facing opposite direction of all other adds nearby? Line yourself and your camera up and make sure when you use Frost Blast it's aimed at the primary area those (multiple) ads are in i.e. in the direction of many adds not just one - then you'll see more damage from that. Many people won't use frost blast because it's interruptible AND they simply aren't good with timing, when the tank pulls the adds use it, when someone use a Chrono-emitter or if Quantum their power to freeze adds, and when adds are knocked down on their butts use your Frost Blast then. The same goes for other powers in alternate power types. Not using powers that do high damage because you can't find a way to use them is simply lazy at best, using Youtube for all your loadouts is not how this game should be played, easy mode is only meant for those not up to par, be up to par.
  4. TheLastSuperman Well-Known Player

Yes this ^
  5. ALB Dedicated Player

Artifacts is making the game totally unbalanced. Nature is on op levels. Electric dps are spamming speed drain. Speed drain is a weak 25%, but casting it every 6-10 secs make it OP.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You do realize that any power can use Gemini and any power can use speed drain/vacuum bubble.. and nature is not broken.. it is very good in long fights you can melee but so are a lot of powers.
  7. ALB Dedicated Player

All powers don't build sc up as fast as electric and nature is op in burst damage and boss fights. Please don't give me anymore advice. It's terrible.

All powers also don't have 2 powers that don't split
  8. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

And all powers don’t do the same damage on bosses. When there are over 3 targets electric will win out. But I’m single target electric doesn’t compete that well. Let me guess you saw a video on YouTube so now you think you are an expert on nature and electric. Clearly you don’t know what you’re talking about because you were wrong multiple times in the same thread.
  9. ALB Dedicated Player

Didn't you say sorcery is the top dps and healer power? Nothing I said was more wrong than that. Sorcery is the worse dps power and next to worse healer power. If nature had a shield sc sorcery would be worse healer power.
  10. recoil2 Dedicated Player

nature doesn't build up super charge any faster than any other power set, outside of having all super charge artifacts at maximum, i use a level 19 soul cloak and canine form doesn't pop any faster, and over all i've NEVER seen a super charge generator charge the meter any faster than my OWN weapon.
  11. recoil2 Dedicated Player

sorcery is a decent enough dps when used right, however the key is relying on pet damage and organizing all non pet summoning powers to utilize their cross damage. while sorcery isn't exactly the most VERSATILE powerset for dpsing, neither is mental, nature, or many others which hang low on the dps totem pole. while i agree if nature had more than an alert shield that sorcery would probably be that much less useful as a healer (having both a nature and sorcery toon myself) dps wise it ranks about like any other power and actually does good burst damage via pets.
  12. Version San Diego Active Player

Arbiter plus Orb of A-Aron, shorter cd’s and unlimited power. Throw in various hots and spamability, I would say sorcery does just fine as a healer in any content. You really do not need orb just a nice bonus.
    • Like x 2
  13. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I never said it was the best. I said it is ONE of the best. And I stand by what I said. It is also an amazing healing power too. I have solo healer most end game content as sorcery. Also it has one of the best if not the best healing sc in the game. You look up videos on YouTube and claim that to be fact. Guess what. As sorc dps I have only lost to people using broken powers. So just because you can’t do something doesn’t mean no one can. You don’t even ask how it’s possible. You just claim it to be a lie. Unlike you I actually test my powers.
  14. ALB Dedicated Player

What's broken powers? Between 2 equally skilled players, sorcery will lose against most powers. You might be mental, water, or atomic. Might, but any other would wreck you. Using pftt. Prove me wrong. Post some parse using sorcery pftt.
  15. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!! You keep showing how little you know... the 3 powers that beat me the most are earth (broken because unstoppable should be able to clip other powers, munitions (broken because a specific power can double clip), and gadgets. Only time I loose to these powers is when I play with people I know are good (also those who I show them loadouts for these powers). Other powers used to beat me when they heavily outgeared me. Since I have geared up I rarely loose to any other power unless I do objectives while they just keep dpsing even when they aren’t supposed to.

As for parsers I do not not how to post photos. Last time I checked (which was a few CRs earlier) was 32k dps with a 30 second parser while my melee loadout did about 42k using the 30 sec parser as well. This was without any buffing colas of any kind or trinkets of any kind. I could probably push this farther if I tried. I don’t use 10sec parsers is because they show false numbers. And I only have 380 SP. and I also do not have the OP head.

The fact that you claimed that you can beat that using a battle tank shows how little you know about power potentials and FYI this loadout I use for this parser is not the same one I posted in the sorcery guide.

If anyone else besides this clown wants the loadout feel free to PM me...
  16. ALB Dedicated Player

PM your name and we can see, other than that you're all talk. You can shut me up fast, but let me guess, you have nothing to prove
  17. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

You don’t get it.... I refuse to play with you because I don’t like you. I don’t care what you think. You validation means nothing to me. If anyone else other than YOU wants to play and see how the loadout works than I’d be more than happy to run with them. YOU on the other hand I refuse to run with. Take it as running away. Choose to believe I’m all talk. You are nothing to me.
    • Like x 1
  18. ALB Dedicated Player

I take it as you talking loud saying nothing. I can say any power is good or call out anything. Sorcery is universally known as the bottom power set and when someone says "sorcery is one of the best <insert role>", I will call it out, because it's BS.
  19. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Like I said. Just cause YOU are not good with a power doesn’t mean it’s not good. Some of us actually look for ways to make a power be good. Anyone can feel free to find out my set up. It’s not even a secret. I’m happy to share with anyone other than you.
  20. ALB Dedicated Player

You came on my post, I didn't come on yours. Players like you u is why powers don't get fix. Sorcery is behind other powers. It is universally accepted, and you come a long with no proof or parses calling it a top dps power. Sorcery pftt is bad. Period. If you don't like me, that's fine, but please stop saying sorcery is one of the top powers with no proof