Does anyone have a any role artifact setup for both roles?

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Badname392023, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Is having artifacts that benefit both roles a good idea? I was thinking about doing it just for the simple fact I prefer NOT to keep spending a ton of money trying to level each one individual for each role

So for example as a dps/troll my artifact spec would be

Bottle soda
    Eye of gemeni
    Soul scloak
    Dead Kings scepter

Now I’d be using this on both my dps and troll roles. Good idea or bad idea?
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Soul cloak is good for both troll and dps. Gemini is slightly okish only because it gives power back after using a sc along with a little added damage. Not really the most beneficial item. At least it does give a bit boost. If you truly want to only upgrade 3 artifacts than I guess the scepter is a decent item for a troll only because it gives some utility with being able to help the group with more orbitals, supply drops and can keep your troll trinket up more.

All 3 of these are great for dps. So you can level these 1st and eventually I would grind nth metal for troll specific items.
    • Like x 1
  3. Version San Diego Active Player

Trolls benefit a lot from parasites power harness. Should at least try to get that to 80.
    • Like x 1
  4. Badname392023 Well-Known Player

Yeah I actually have my troll artifacts the parasite and rao both at 120. It’s just that my league already has roles down pack and I’m needed more for dps primary and trolling secondary so next double xp weekend I was gonna dump my troll artifacts into artifacts I can use for both roles. But idk I’m 50/50 on it
  5. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Just focus on getting everything to 80. Soul Cloak and the Soder artifact are both great for Troll and DPS. For damage side I also use Solar Amplifier and working on the Eye of Gemini. For Troll side I'm using Parasite's Power Harness and Amulet of Rao.
  6. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

IF you truly want to use a 1 size fits all than you should try, soul cloak, Gemini, and omegahedron. All roles can benefit with higher power regen.

I do thou recommend to upgrade your role specific artifacts as I stated earlier. Everyone in the thread is right that you would be better of with upgrading them. But that would be the closest to a 1 size fits all artifact set up.
  7. AberrantAngel Committed Player

I would not dump the troll artifacts. Just cause your league I'd set now does not mean they will be tomorrow. Just save all your nth metal and maybe get some detectors and use them to level up the newer ones you want on a double weekend.
  8. Brit Loyal Player

Definitely do not dump your Controller Artifacts. Even if you pause them and start working up the DPS set, the whole idea you are proposing is that you would be prepared to fulfill both roles. And a level 80 Harness and Rao means that you are far better prepared to be a Controller than what a 160 Gemini and Scepter would. Most Artifacts become pretty dang useful after their level 80 teir when they hit their special ability, so it's better to have both roles at 80, and switch back and forth, than it would be to have the wrong role at 160.
    • Like x 1
  9. WilderMidnight Steadfast Player

i'm curious about the soul cloak. does it really benefit you in dps role? in troll role i can generate my supercharge in about the same amount of time it takes for bastion to cool down whether i'm using my supercharge enhancer power or not. in dps role it takes forever and i utilize my scgp in my rotation so im casting it as fast as possible to build up to a full sc. i know mentals bolt barrage takes a full sc whereas bastion is only 50% but it still takes a very long time. the only reason im keeping it in my dps build is for the 3% might buff (i dont have any of the newer artifacts up to 80 yet). doesnt seem to help me more thn that in dps role.
  10. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Soul cloak will highly benefit a might dps. As a dps you want to build sc up fast. It’s true that not all powers have a specific power sc that is good but all powers have access to neo venom boost which gives a large dps boost. The faster you build that sc the more times you can use a sc. other powers have SCs that hit like trucks, mainly quantum water and munitions. These SCs cost 100% sc which means you have a lot of rebuilding to do. All dps benefit from using a sc.