Dusting off my cape

Discussion in 'War Room (Powers, Artifacts, & Builds)' started by Lord Aiden, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

Played dcuo from ps3 launch until about mid(2014) ps4. Multiple toons, all roles but love to dps. Started as a fire flight dps, Ended my run as an electric dps back when cr was 103. Coming back and I'm super lost. A.m. is not used anymore? Mods are different, did a 10 minute walk around, went to the vault and Powered back up my lair and shut it back down.

So can I get some help from fellow heroes? Is electric still viable? How to spec might or precision? Are weapons useless? How do you spec your toon? What and how to use these new mods?

I searched the forums and after many open tabs and a few hours, I'm still lost and hoping for a little (LOT) of help.

Thanks any and all that respond
    • Like x 1
  2. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Let me start with “Mods”. These have been changed to augments. Augments will now grow with you. Each dlc they will increase the level cap for both you and augments. You get augments for might, precision, and all support roles. You can have a max of 4 of these. (Not including episode augments). You can not delete these or feed them to other augments. You level up augments by using exobytes. At this point you get exobytes by salvaging year you get from content. The higher level content gear you salvage the higher level exobytes you get from salvaging which is currently capped at mk12. Exobytes are colored red for might, yellow for precision, green for healer, blue for troller, purple for tank, and colorless: you can use any exobytes to power up any augment but using red exobytes on red augments will give you a 50% boost to the experience amount. And each exobytes has its rank (flawed, x, and pristine) forgot name of middle rank. You can increase the rank of colorless exobytes in the r&d station by using exo material which are found from nodes in open world which used to be exobites.

To simplify it:
    Exo material will rank up exobytes
    Exobytes will rank up augments.

Red = Might dps
    Yellow = precision dps
    Green = healer
    Blue = troll
    Purple = tank

Using same color exobytes gives a 50% boost

And finally, dlc augments are given to help you out in that specific dlc by giving you added bonuses. You get them starting in teen titans dlc and Atlantis dlc. You get them only when you are able to run the none even content.
    • Like x 1
  3. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

AMs have finally been removed and it has gone back to pre AMs (almost). You’ll need to test your power to see what you feel fits your personal play style most. Personally I think electric is better as might but it does fall off at single target compared to other powers. Electric is of the the best if not the best add killers. The more adds there are the stronger electric is compared to other powers due to a particular powers split. I do not wha to say to much about loadouts at this time until you play around a bit yourself and see your play style.
    • Like x 1
  4. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

So weapons now are more for what you feel comfortable with, not what gives you a boost and etc from before?
  5. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

Not sure what you mean about the boost but right now certain weapons are stronger than others.
  6. DCUO Addict Committed Player

You picked a good time to come back, since it’s double Marks of Victory weekend. In addition to running the regular content available to you, there is a relatively new way to advance. With each new Episode (DLC) that comes out, there are “event” versions of the content available to all characters at least level 10. The event version rewards Episode currency and unattuned gear.

Starting at CR 168, Amazon Fury I Episode, each episode has episode-specific currency, which is used to purchase vendor gear.

Another new element is Artifacts. There’s a tutorial mission in your journal to get started. Artifacts give more stats and, at higher levels, special benefits. As you play, you will get nth metal drops. You use this to level up your artifacts. Every few months, there are double XP weekends for artifacts.

Since you last played, they also introduced Time Capsules. These are loot boxes that you open with Stabilizers. You can earn fragments that form into stabilizers by running the stabilizer event. You can also buy them in the marketplace.

Welcome back, good luck and have fun!!
    • Like x 2
  7. Version San Diego Active Player

I think you are referring to stats and crits you had to put sp into the weapons to get them. Now you can put points directly into the stat and not weapons unless you want to use that weapon.
  8. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

Yes that is exactly what I was talking about. Going to take a while to get back into the game it seems
  9. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

I completely forgot that was a thing haha!!!

To the OP. As stated above you don’t need to do this anymore. Instead you can put your SP directly into what ever stats you need for your roles. Definitely a big help.
  10. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

So now weapon mastery is not really needed? I just kinda specced my character a little bit, not sure how to "play from the tray ". Used to using weapon to get some power back.

Also the artifacts and stabilizers... so much to learn... lol
  11. Lord Aiden Well-Known Player

Lastly how is fire nowadays? Was my original power until the beef that destroyed it
  12. DCUO Addict Committed Player

Here's an older picture I found through an image search for a PftT spec. (Thank's Pinky's Blog)
    [IMG]

For DPS: Beyond choosing a power build (blue circle on top right), maxing your damage crits, maxing the might/power stat, and putting a point into your weapon and your movement, the rest is up to you. You still get power back from weapon attacks, but not weapon mastery attacks. Personally, I put points in all the weapon moves for my weapon but don't put points in WM. I also like to put points into breakout proficiency under my movement tree. Then, if I still have points left, I buy up my health.
  13. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Weapon Mastery isn't needed at all if you're PftT. You only need to spend 1 SP in your weapon of choice. If you specced Superpowered, you get innate power back.
  14. DeitySupreme Steadfast Player

As TheLorax states above me. You do not need to use your weapon at all if you pftt. Weapons will give you power back if you spec for it.

If you look at the skill points steer you will see 3 initial option. Weapons spec, hybrid, and super powered.
    Weapons expert will lower you base power regen by 25% I think. But in return your weapons deal extra damage. This is good for precision dps.
    Super powered will increased your power regen by 25% I believe and gives you extra might. This is what you need for might dps. This is what the majority of dps are using. You don’t need to use weapons in this build and a lot of the time they will lower your damage by using weapons instead of just using your powers (usually).

After you choose which spec to use than you will than need to put skill points into critical chance and critical damage. This is for any dps play style. All dps must max these out.

And finally you want to put everything else into either might or precision depending on what kind of dps you are.
    As a might dps, if you have a log of skill points you’ll want to put any extra skill points into health.
    As precision dps you will either put some in might or in health for pet dps powers. However I do recommend putting at least 20 sp into might regardless to get the extra 5% might bonus from the might section. After the 20th sp you will need an extra 10 sp for the next bonus and after 60 you’ll need 20.