Swimming visual bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Eve, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Eve YouTuber

When you swim in Atlantis and you have wings, the wing goes below your hand:
    [IMG]
  2. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

on the down-flap?

I ask, because if that is so then the only fix might be to stop the flapping.
  3. Eve YouTuber

Yes and when you toggle to swim fast
  4. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

It's because the wings are even more 'lop-sided' than usual
    Does the similar thing with Blood Bat, Nth-Metal Battlesuit & Small Demon (not with Insect, although the wings get moved out of their socket), also with the Blood Bat & Nth-Metal, you can actually see the wings moving back into alignment when you stop moving and to a lesser degree with the Small Bird & Demon (mayhaps due to size?)

Just tried normal flying, and they have that same 'slight move out of alignment' while flying, just when swimming the position of the wings has been moved more to the left so you notice it more when you stop

The static wing-backs don't move from their proper positions though (Aegis of Azaroth does clip through the arm though)
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

It may not be best to wear wings under water.
    • Like x 2
  6. Vagrant Committed Player

Actually all wings in flight are crooked
    • Like x 1
  7. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Not as bad as this

Asking Haast to take her wings off to go swimming is like asking you to take your legs off to drive
  8. Eve YouTuber

No need for it, I was just making sure the devs are aware of it and was checking if a fix is possible. All good :)
    It's just clipping. Not a serious bug, more visual.
  9. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Was just pointing out that the normal wing-slip (which has not been fixed in 7 years) is not as bad as what is happening during swimming, and, that possibly like your character, Haast's wings are part of her, she can't (and won't) just take them off (as suggested by Mepps) to get wet :p
    • Like x 1
  10. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I wonder though: can you make them stop moving as in wings: swimming = standing?

In general swiming is like a flight variant for the upper body I'd buy... but you'd have to fix the wings for that too.
    • Like x 1
  11. DarkAya Dedicated Player

...or dev team could figure out how to turn off wings animation for swimming mode. :)
    • Like x 1
  12. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Would rather they not try and end up breaking the wings even more than they already are