RIP Stan Lee

Discussion in 'Joker’s Funhouse (Off Topic)' started by Rockhound665, Nov 12, 2018.

1. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

• Like x 11
  2. Eve YouTuber

No words. He was a great man. Rest in peace, Stan Lee.
    • Like x 8
  3. Jacob Dragonhunter Steadfast Player

I don't care if you dislike Marvel or dislike DC..

Regardless of how you feel about comics, you cannot deny how big of an influence this man was to the entire Super-hero comic book scene.

I'm hoping all of the Marvel Universe Leagues and Marvel Fans in DCUO do a Spiderman or Hulk costume and do a photo shoot in a league hall, and title it "Thank you Stan Lee."

Not that they have to, but in my eyes it would be a cool way to send a tribute to a true legend that has passed.

Rest in peace, and thanks for everything Stan Lee.
    • Like x 6
  4. Ikyotojin Dedicated Player

I just found out. Tears. The holder of the stories of modern gods.
    • Like x 4
  5. Fatal Star 10000 Post Club

F
    • Like x 3
  6. myandria Item Storage

:( So sad; he will be greatly missed.

I always thought that he would outlive George Burns...

*Goes to dig out her Marvel cartoon collections*
    • Like x 2
  7. Miss Adora Loyal Player

R.I.P Stan Lee, going to miss his cameos in the Marvel movies
    • Like x 2
  8. killercomic Dedicated Player

Rest in Peace Stan, and Thank You.
    • Like x 3
  9. BernUnit81 Devoted Player

I just heard about this. It's a sad thing to hear. Like others have said, love him or hate him, he was an HUGE influence on the comic book field. Without him and maybe 2-3 other people, we do not have the characters and the Marvel universe that we have and enjoy today.
    • Like x 3
  10. Balistical Ice Loyal Player

He will be greatly missed.
    • Like x 3
  11. Rockhound665 Steadfast Player

Can't say he didn't live a full life though. 95 years young.
    • Like x 5
  12. JKwak Well-Known Player

he is not really death his real name is "Uatu the watcher" he just run out of storys about Earth 616 to tell us about so he went back to Earth 616 and withnisses more Advantures of all the mighty Marvel Heroes
    • Like x 1
  13. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Literally just read about this 10 minutes ago (had just gone to sleep when this thread was posted)
    As others have said, whether you are a fan of Marvel and slash or DC (or hate one or both), Stan (who has worked for both companies) is possibly the biggest influence on modern comics and comic-related entertainment

Excelsior! Mr Lee :(
    • Like x 5
  14. speedster1981 Committed Player

Rest In Peace Stan Lee! I will miss your cameos is the Marvel movies. Your comics filled in a lot of time in dull classes as well as long car trips. You will be Greatly Missed. This to me is just as bad as losing Leonard Nimoy. Stan Lee has undeniably had a large influence on all the comic book industries out there. A True Legend!!!
    • Like x 4
  15. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

When I first heard the news, I thought it wasn't true but then later on the day more sources reported on it. I just couldn't believe it, Stan 'The Man' Lee is gone :oops: RIP Mr. Lee, you helped create all those amazing characters that I have loved since I picked up a comic as a kid. I've had immense respect for you, and that even grew more after seeing what a great, funny, charismatic man you were. I often looked forward to all those Marvel movie cameos. You sir will be missed
    [IMG]
    • Like x 3
  16. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Truly a great loss. He gave us all so many characters and stories and never really seemed to ask for much in return. He always came across as a genuinely nice guy in any interview I saw/read, and even as the years passed he always seemed the epitome of "young at heart." I think that's why his passing seemed like so much of a surprise, as he always seemed younger than his age.

Thank you for everything, Stan. Rest in peace.
    • Like x 1
  17. sirzap Well-Known Player

R.I.P. Stan Lee

#Excelsior
    • Like x 1
  18. aurorabenz07 Loyal Player

• Like x 2
  19. Drathmor Unwavering Player

R.I.P. Stan
    [IMG]
    • Like x 2
  20. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Can remember that iconic image of when Mel Blanc died, with several of the characters he gave life to standing solemnly beside a silent microphone, waiting, hoping, for a similar image for Mr Lee (and not just his creations from Marvel, butt including DC and 'independent' characters as they all owe so much to him)