Gadgets Supercharge: Battle Drone (60s cooldown)

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by KlarkKent, Oct 30, 2017.

1. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

This topic mentioned by CassUV in "The Cutting Edge Gadgets Guide" and I moved it to bug discussion

Battle Drone is one and only Controller powerset supercharge which has controller and DPS functions. I think that causes 60s cooldown. But;

It only damages in DPS role and only it gives group shielding + PoT in Controller role. But that trade off is still illogical because if you want to use this supercharge, you use it either as controller or DPS purposes. You can't use Battle Drone for group shielding in DPS role or you can't use it for damaging in Controller role.

All other group shielding supercharges have 30s cooldown btw.

Thoughts?
  2. CassUV Well-Known Player

Yes, Battle Drone needs a 30s cooldown. It's unfair in comparison with all others Group Shieldings or, at least, create another power to be Trolls Supercharger Group Shielding and leave Battle Drone with DPS purposes only.
    • Like x 1
  3. TITAN ephemeral Loyal Player

man they messed with gadgets...good luck with that...
  4. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

5. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Bump. Also:

[IMG]

I forgot to mention at the original post that Mental's group SC also has 60 sec cooldown and in terms of role specific usage of these group supercharges they are same.

I remember someone was saying; "They can get hide in Steath / Invisibility and thats an advantage compared to other controller powersets and because of that their cooldown is longer."
    Yes these supercharges can get to hide in stealth but thats still not an advantage for Mental or Gadgets controllers.

I had an opportunity to test Battle Drone and this supercharge is not shielding the caster or the group when it casted in stealth. It still gives PoT when casted in stealth. So to fix this problem:

1- Remove PoT ability when Battle Drone casted in stealth loadout and make it only usable in main Control loadout and change 60s cooldown to 30s. So with that way it can be at same level with other controller powerset group supercharges.

2- Add shielding ability to Battle Drone when it casted in stealth. With this way it can "deserve" 60s cooldown and can create synergy on controller loadouts with Stealth ability.

I assume Mental's Bastion supercharge shares same fate with Battle Drone. Only difference is Battle Drone has a DPS function.

This "bug" exists since beginning of revamp and need a clear statement from a dev to explain this.
  6. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

7. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

8. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

This doesn't sound like a bug, more that you are unhappy with how the power works and are seeking to have it adjusted.
    • Like x 1
  9. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I clearly explained on my post why the adjustment is required. Did you actually read it? When you compare Battle drone and Bastion with other controller SCs, that 60 seconds cooldown obviously puts them back. Also

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/dcuo/index.php?posts/4052919/

this bug mentioned one year ago by person (@Penryn) who is on charge of Gadgets guide. Still untouched.
  10. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

There is a difference between reporting a bug/glitch/unintended mechanic and requesting an adjustment because you have a personal issue with it. If Battle Drone is working the way it's tool tip describes it, there is no bug.
    • Like x 1
  11. ObsidianChill Community "Trusted"

Alot of gadgets was messed up from stats revamp and still remains, largely it's just because "stealth" is treated as a dps ability so when you go into stealth and use battle drone it is acting as you are a dps, this is the same reason why when you use a controller debuff in stealth it won't apply the debuff either from stealth. Right now the only usefulness of running stealth is to have another weaker shield like HLS and the more powerful white hand mod in improved stealth for an additional shield and cc immunity.

Gadgets and Mental should not have their supercharges reduced to 30s, there still needs to be separation in controller powersets so they aren't just carbon copies of eachother and right now gadgets and mental have much greater utility to them and literally the only reason not to be gadgets/mental is the supercharge cooldown. Mental has a reduced cooldown tactical mod on its supercharge generator and one of the stronger cc abilities in horrific visage and if they ever fix cryo in terms of its cc ice block preventing supercharge regen mental would have another 0.5 cooldown debuff further reducing its power requirements. Gadgets is in the same boat with lower powercost debuffs to maintain its rotation in addition to the fact that gadgets has decoy which is the only non-tank power taunt which adds alot of utility to the powerset. This is also not mentioning gadgets/mental are the only powersets that can access the improved stealth hand mod so if you reduced the cooldown on the supercharges to 30s and corrected the the deficiencies with stealth/invis that further catapults mental and gadgets far above quantum, light and munitions.
  12. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

Im totally aware and understand your points with gadgets and mental. My point was specifically with bugged / failed functions of these supercharges when casted in steatlh. If they have 60 seconds cooldown just because they can hide in stealth / invis, let they have it but obviously they are not functioning properly when casted in stealth / invis as controller role.
    Im not pushing it to "pull cooldown to 30 secs right now!!". Thats why I suggested another 2nd fix to make stealth / invis usage fair compared to other controller powersets.
  13. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

[IMG]

Lol. Im stating again; it does NOT work the way tool tip describes it. I tested it. It does not.
    As a Controller, when battle drone casted in steatlh it does NOT shield anyone. Tooltip says it shields but it DOESNT. So I call it a bug.
    I mentioned it on my post as a 2nd fix. ^^^^
  14. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

As a Controller, when Battle Drone is casted when NOT in stealth, does it shield anyone? That's why I was asking for clarification.
  15. HalfromTynon Well-Known Player

60 seconds versus 30 seconds. That is not a bug.

When I tried the supercharge:
    in damage role : it does damage
    in damage role in stealth : it does damage
    in troll role : it shields
    in troll role in stealth : it does damage

so, it is possible the (in troll role in stealth) is a bug; since the tooltip suggests it should be a shield.
  16. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Let's put it this way: if I go on my Nature healer, transform into a wolf while in healer role and try to cast heals, it's not going to work. I'm not going to heal **** while in Wolf form. Is this a bug as well? It doesn't say anything in Primal Wolf Form's tool tip about not being able to heal while using that specific transformation...
    Maybe the devs can code a message to pop up when we try using an ability in the wrong way.
    "Mepp's words echoed... There's a time and place for everything, but not now."
    Or
    "This isn't the time to use that."
  17. KlarkKent Well-Known Player

I never mentioned 60s versus 30s as a bug. I just explained what can be providing that 60 seconds to be Battle Drone's / Bastion's cooldown duration. And most of the time I got "mental and gadget can hide them in stealth. Thats unfair against other controller powersets. eehhww" responds. So as you mentioned, they clearly doesnt shield when casted in stealth as a controller.

And there is a DPS side of topic. Yes battle drone working as intended in steatlh as DPS role. That 60 secs(!) can be stay at that way (as much as it sucks at damaging anyway) but not working as what tooltip says in controller role. Thats the bug digging for.

I mean, this is the main reason why I created this thread in the first place. Then we can call it "They are missing tooltips".

We discuss, it makes sound, sound brings attention to devs but clearly for 1+ year it didnt work out.