Heat Vision + Solar Enhancer + Armory Bug

Discussion in 'Old Arkham (Bug Archive)' started by Magnificent, Jul 20, 2018.

1. Magnificent Loyal Player

Added my notes on the bug tracker to someone who already posted that they are having the same issue on PS4.

I added Heat Vision on Wednesday evening after getting a few new SP's from Augments going live. I used one to open Heat Vision from the Iconic Powers tree. I added the power to my tray, saved it to my armory, then went about the business of saving the digital world once again.

The problem is that if I switch armories the Heat Vision power disappears from my tray. I can still re-add it from the Iconic Powers tree but it will be removed once again the moment I swap to another armory then back. I've tried resaving my armory both all options at once and just the loadout option. Neither has resolved the issue.

I checked the Staff Post Tracker before posting this and didn't see it mentioned/responded to so all apologies if it's already been acknowledged by the Devs.
    • Like x 2
  2. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Its been brought up before and although it might be annoying its not a bug.

Never actually got mine past 80 but lets say the milestones for Heatvision are as so:
    Lvl 0-79 Heat Vision (HV)
    Lvl 80-120 Amplified Heat Vision (AHV)
    Lvl 121-140 Super Heat Vision (SHV)
    Lvl 141-160 Mega Heat Vision (MHV)

The Devs didnt just change the names, but basically added in 3 extra powers that act differently than HV. When you equip the Solar Amplifier above lvl 79, HV no longer exists, only either AHV, SHV or MHV. So in a scenario:

Armouy A has HV without Solar Amplifier
    Armoury B has AHV because it has a lvl80 Solar Amplifier equipped.
    If you switch from A to B it should be fine, because it'll upgrade HV to AHV as intended. If you try to switch from B to A however, you're asking the game to give you a power that no longer exists, as B still has the Amplifier attached.

Theres 2 solutions to the above. Either switch from B to A, then A to A again and it'll show. Otherwise, take your Solar Amplifier off while wearing B, then switch to A.

Hope this helps.
    • Like x 1
  3. Magnificent Loyal Player

Thanks for the response.

I don't have Heat Vision loaded in my other armories (and thus don't have the Solar Amplifier loaded on them either) so I guess I will just have to keep re-adding it until they come up with some sort of work-around.
  4. Telos Usr Dedicated Player

Im not sure there will be a workaround to be honest. Mepps stated its working as intended. If you dont have HV saved to another armoury then its Scenario 2 happening. The game even changes the power in your Iconic Tree when the Amplifier is equipped, its a complete replacement of HV.
  5. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

You do need to save with Solar Amp loaded and with upgraded HV loaded. We have identified an issue with what order the armory equips things, and are working on a fix. Basically, we believe we load your powers first, see you don't have the solar amp equipped, and remove the power from the slot. Then we equip your solar amp.

As I said, we are working on a fix.
    • Like x 4
  6. Magnificent Loyal Player

[IMG]
    • Like x 1
  7. generalzod Committed Player

Same issue with heat vision . Thought it was just me !
  8. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Any word on a projected fix date?
  9. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

This is fixed internally and going through testing. We don't have a live target for the fix yet.
    • Like x 2
  10. Tocimus Committed Player

are we live yet?
  11. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Didn't see any patch notes.
  12. Darth Piper Loyal Player

Watch the Live Update Notes section of the forums. You'll know it's live when you see it listed there. :)
  13. Mikeyb2001 Well-Known Player

Never Had this problem then again i only DPS So i Spec all armories the Same So i save equipment in all my armories at the same time
  14. Tank 4 life New Player

I am now having this issue because i got my solar amplifier to 160. Every time I switch I have to put in the heat vision back in my loadout.
  15. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know.
  16. Schimaera Devoted Player

This is fixed by imprinting your armoy with Amplifier 160 and HV again. Had the same issue, just added Amplified Heatvision to my Loadout, went to the armory, imprinted it again. Never had the problem anymore.
  17. Tank 4 life New Player

Ty when I get on I will try this!