Possibility of using two languages

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by MiataBoy79, Nov 2, 2018.

1. MiataBoy79 New Player

Hello everyone, this is my first post and I apologize right away for my bad English because I use the Google translator.
    As a title, I would like to know if there is the possibility and how it can be done to use the game with the language of the menus and subtitles in one language and the spoken in another.
    In concrete: I would like the menus and subtitles in ITALIAN and the spoken word (cut scene, png, environment, etc ...) in ENGLISH.
    I know that, even by modifying the affected files, they are then replaced in the control phase by the launchpad.
    Do you have any solutions or should I continue to see the NPCs playing with the little Marcel Maceaux?

Bye Bye! ;)
  2. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

When you start the game launcher there is an option in the bottom-right where you can select the in-game menu language before you click on play (I think, never tried it). Give that a go:

[IMG]

If that doesn't work, go to the folder where you installed DCUO and edit the following file with notepad: LaunchPad-user.ini

Change the locale to: locale=it_IT (italian)

Save the changes and re-launch the game.

---

Google translate:

Quando si avvia il launcher del gioco, c'è un'opzione in basso a destra in cui è possibile selezionare la lingua del menu di gioco prima di fare clic su Riproduci (credo, non l'ho mai provato). Dai un'occhiata:

[IMG]

Se non funziona, vai alla cartella in cui hai installato DCUO e modifica il seguente file con il blocco note: LaunchPad-user.ini

Cambia la locale in: locale=it_IT (italian)

Salva le modifiche e riavvia il gioco.
  3. MiataBoy79 New Player

Maybe I expressed myself badly:
    That setting I know very well that it changes the language .. but the modification of ALL the game, that is, menu, subtitles and spoken!
    What I ask is different:
    MENU AND SUBTITLE IN A LANGUAGE and the SPEAKER IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE !!!
    If I set the English, EVERYTHING I play becomes English: menu, subtitles and spoken, if I set Italian I will have menus and subtitles in Italian but, of the last 25 DLC and all the others to follow, the SPEAKER (what the NPCs do , cut scene, etc) YOU WILL NOT FEEL 'EVEN A SOUND!
    You also understand that seeing a character who speaks to you and hear nothing, sucks!

Did you understand the concept?

Bye Bye!
  4. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

OK, first of all no need for the all caps, I'm trying to be helpful here, let's blame it on Google translate. They did not record the voices in any other language than English (mainly because Mark Hamill's Italian accent was pretty bad, I kid, I kid) so you cannot have the spoken voices in any other language than English. The only option is no voices with subtitles in your native language.
    • Like x 1
  5. Beat Mod New Player

That is actually our problem! (I’m Italian)
    As soon as we set the language in Italian they completely remove the sounds of voices in game! So everything it’s fine with subtitles, we don’t mind that at all! But we wish we could hear the cut scene to be spoken in English but that doesn’t happen! So I actually play in English but sometimes trying to figure it out a feat it’s a big issue! We are not asking something impossible, just to activate the sounds in the various episodes and keep everything that it’s written in italian! We r just getting e little frustrated here i know u mean good to us! We just wosh that the developers here us!!
  6. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

I want voice over with subtitles too. Many Indie games do it, but not DCUO... is DCUO smaller than an indie title? o_O
    • Like x 2
  7. Beat Mod New Player

I think there are so many little things that they could do insteas of focusing on being money angry! There is a lot to fix! Auras and materials are fun but if the game doesn’t grow it will get boring! In my modest opinion
  8. MiataBoy79 New Player

I apologize for the capital letters but I wanted to impress the concept well, and I see that I have succeeded ...
    Read: "The only option is no voices with subtitles in your native language." when I'm a paying user, I'm sorry, but I do not accept it!
    Taking the first random game that comes to mind: Simon the Sorcerer (1993) was spoken in English and subtitled and with menus in Italian ...
    1993 ... We are in 2018 ...
    I think it's stupid to do it for developers, but I think they are more likely to make money with DLCs than to improve things ...

It's really sad to see this game so badly reduced ... I regret the SOE ...
  9. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

The developers who make art can't do client changes. I wouldn't blame them ;)
  10. MiataBoy79 New Player

The funny thing is that I'm asking to change some simple parameter in a hypothetical .ini file, not to completely disrupt the game ...
  11. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

Doing what the OP wants may not be difficult to do. I think the 'difficulty' would be having to hire the people to do all those cut-scenes and instructional voice in multiple languages. That is my guess.
    • Like x 1
  12. Doc.Doom15 Committed Player

Yup, voice acting is an odd market as the majority of 'small' voice actors rely on just doing voice acting so they don't come cheap as they normally have no other sources of income, especially when it comes to foreign languages. Hiring people to record all the existing lines for all the content in a different language for the few people that don't speak English is probably not worth it from a $$$ perspective. Had a quick search and this was brought up in the forums in 2014 already so I don't think they will do this any time soon.
  13. Fawkes2574 Dedicated Player

You can impress what you're saying by using bold or underline, or maybe even italics. Rather than using all caps which is commonly considered as yelling. Just saying. :)
  14. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

He wants the English voices in a Spanish Game. That's not difficult at all.
  15. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

OPie isn't wanting the Voice Overs dubbed into other languages, they just would like the subtitles in Italian while retaining the English VO, whereas right now, if you change the language you lose the VO
    • Like x 2
  16. Highplains Sailor Well-Known Player

You are correct. My mistake.
    • Like x 1
  17. MiataBoy79 New Player

This is exactly what I mean!
  18. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

Not supported by the game ATM. In the beginning, they had cutscenes and briefing voice-overs translated into other languages and probably thought they'd make enough money to keep that standard up. Like in so many other examples, they failed to do so.
  19. DarkVisor 15000 Post Club

Again, that's not what OPie is asking for: they are simply asking for the VA's to remain in English after you change the text language, rather than the Cutscene's going silent with subtitles
  20. Wade Spalding Loyal Player

And my answer to that was "not supported by the game ATM" followed by a possible reason why the devs did it that way. And OP should not mess with the game files themselves since it may only get them on the screen of the anti-scam/cheat software screen DCUO uses. Additional advice.