Do renown boosters not work with Titans renown?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Nodens, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Nodens Dedicated Player

The title pretty much explains the problem. I bought a 4-pack of renown boosters last night, and consumed one, but it ended up having no effect whatsoever on the 8 titan renown tokens I used immediately after. It Did appear to affect the tokens I used for other factions at the same time. -Just not the ones for Titan renown.
  2. Eve YouTuber

Did you run elite? it has to be elite. Regular\event does not give renown.
  3. Nodens Dedicated Player

k, , the elite gives renown in the form of tokens, which you must consume. I was following the usual procedure my friends and I have used for some time, which is to save several up, to consume at one time, immediately after using a renown booster.As I mentioned, I was attempting to use the 8 that I had saved. The tokens gave me the normal amount of renown, instead of the boosted number I should have gotten.
  4. Brother Allen Loyal Player

They worked for me when I used them a few months ago for the Titan content. I have no idea about currently though Nodens.
    • Like x 1
  5. Eve YouTuber

6. Nodens Dedicated Player

Np. I'm sorry for the snarky response. I'm particularly agitated about this, as I'd really been hoping to be done with my elite gear before the next episode, but don't have even a single piece, yet.
    • Like x 1
  7. Eve YouTuber

All good, hopefully it will be sorted out fast.
  8. Bulgarian Force New Player

They are working perfectly. Yesterday i ran HIVE E using renown booster and had no problems. It gave me 100 renown bonus after i consumed the renown tokens, that dropped from the bosses.
  9. Tank 4 life New Player

I have a friend who this happened to and come to find out instead of renown booster he was using experience boosters. That’s the reason his renown did not boost. Check and make sure you used a renown boost.
    • Like x 4
  10. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

I did something like this with exobyte scanners when I was gonna farm some exobytes, bought the other scanner and not the exobyte one lmao.

Back to thread, I agree, not sure why they have the same icon and same color, it be interesting to see devs look into changing the color on similar scanners and boosters so they don't look alike and not confuse players
    • Like x 2
  11. Nodens Dedicated Player

Oh, I did check that. IMMEDIATELY. They're definitely renown boosters. -and the one I'd used for the Titan tokens worked perfectly for the other faction tokens I used at the same time. (I had a bunch saved up from previous episodes. The Titans tokens were the 1st ones I consumed after using the booster, so it's not like I ran out of time. It took less than a min to use the entire stash, anyway).
  12. Jade Rebel Dedicated Player

Ok that's good you got the right ones. However now it could be more of a bug, they were working fine when I collected them, and Bulgarian said above he had no issue collecting them yesterday

Did you take any pictures of the text message saying the consumed renown amount?
  13. Schimaera Devoted Player

Did you double check it? Sometimes the Renown Packs show a boost of 200 but the actual boost (with the booster) is 250. I found that curious as well since the system message in chat says that the Renown got boosted by 250.

Speaking of.. screenshot with the "current buff" window plus the chat window with the renown indicator would have been nice..
  14. Nodens Dedicated Player

I didn't think to check the buff indicator, especially since the booster worked fine for the other tokens.
    -and I've looked at my total renown with all the factions twice since this happened.
    I DID take a screenshot of my loot screen showing all the increases I got in the various factions, and it shows that all of them got the boost, except the Titans tokens. I included that with my bug report, but have still only received the usual automated response.
  15. Schimaera Devoted Player

These these things take time
  16. Illumin411 Loyal Player

They worked for me about a month ago when I consumed 4 tokens and got 1000 renown. My next Elite raid will give me enough for next renown tier and I just got my monthly resets so will be looking to do it later today and consuming all renown after so I'll report back here afterwards.
  17. AberrantAngel Committed Player

A common mistake on these is that the renown for the first bosses is 200, so when you use the booster it gives you 250. The mistake is when you take a look at the description of the renown token the first number you see is 250. 250 is the cash value. When you read the description of the renown it will tell you it is worth 200 renown.
    I hope this was the issue as opposed to the boosters not working.
    • Like x 1
  18. nawanda Loyal Player

This happened to someone in my league a couple of months back. It was a bug.

By way of restitution, they placed a renown booster in his inventory. But what they didn’t do is make him whole by adjusting his renown upwards.

EDIT: But this isn’t a problem, right? Re-running old content forever has been officially declared a good thing by the devs.
  19. Schimaera Devoted Player

Why both? If it was me, I would have adjusted the few bits of renown (if this is possible) or placed a fitting amount of commendations into his inventory...
    6500/600=~10,8

Soo just in theory, 11 elite runs is considered to be "forever"? In the upper case it wouldn't even be that many runs. You make it sound like this is a problem the whole community has to deal with every time they consume a renown token. What's your real goal here? Sounds to me as if you're driving at something different?
  20. High Troller Loyal Player

Sometimes I buy and use XP boosters on accident in place of renown boosters. I would suggest filling a support ticket to double check this is not the case.