Dead Within 30 Seconds....

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Fawkes2574, Oct 16, 2018.

1. Dr Improbable Dedicated Player

I've heard of this happening before, never experienced it myself. There's another thread here somewhere about it. I believe you OP!
  2. Crimson Veil Dedicated Player

Freak accident...

look up "Blue ice (aviation)" on wikipedia

;)
    • Like x 1
  3. Eve YouTuber

My friend had something milliard. He logged in to his main and he was in Bohemia, and got one-shot.
    PvP flag was off. He was still in welcome screen at the time. Didn't duel and was in PvE phase.
  4. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

What did your combat log say?
    • Like x 1
  5. Zamara Dedicated Player

I had this happen to me once, but for me it was one of those seeds you carry in the ivy area, someone was doing the mission with me, they managed to drop the seed on me while i was in the truck, it did so much damage on me that my character go knocked out. And i wasn't in PvP either.
  6. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

I've been on break for awhile, but isnt there still a rock in both Metropolice and Gotham that you can hit people with that changes their flag, or was that removed? It's a big *** rock with blue Crystal's all over it. I've been guilty in the past of doing something like this.

Evil grin :)
  7. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

See my question above. :)
  8. Proxystar #Perception

The moon rock, no hasn't been in the game for ages.
  9. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Well, that was my guess. :)
  10. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

Were you in a group with someone? If you join into someone's instance, and they are in pvp, it will put you in their phase.

I'm just guessing possible situations.
  11. Quantum Rising Committed Player

8 year anniversary playing in a few weeks. O.O
    • Like x 1
  12. Proxystar #Perception

even if you group with someone it doesnt switch you to pvp phase.
    • Like x 1
  13. LadyLightning Issue Tracker Volunteer

ok, let's get this in order. This is what I understood so far.
    • you were INSIDE the North Burnley Night Club and never left it before
    • you have duels disabled, so unless this option got broken (please test it) this is not what happened
    • your character is level 4 or 5
    • the only thing you saw before your k.o. was something icy
  14. Black Prime OG Devoted Player

No, not when you join their group. But if they are doing an operation or at the beginning of the game where you have to go into certain mentors instances, yes it will.
  15. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Is there not a feat for participating in a duel, or so many duels? If so, the OP can rule that out by checking to see if he got a participation feat/1 on counter.

Also, I'm a complete open world pvp noob, but if he's in a nightclub, does it matter what phase he's in/if he has his flag on?

My first thought without realising he was in nightclub was that he got ganked by Green Arrow/Black Canary at Gotham Mercy, given the icy surroundings. Had that happen to me.
  16. Proxystar #Perception

It doesn't drag the players to pvp phase it actually puts them in pve phase and that one's who were in pvp phase don't receive power or heals from the group.

It's not something you want to be doing lol.

Also the OP was a new player clearly not running an operation ;)
  17. Knarlydude Loyal Player

He probably hit F1 and clicked his PVP flag on.

This is what I think happened.
  18. Knarlydude Loyal Player

I think you clicked F1 and turned on your pvp flag by accident.
    It does not matter if you have duels or anything turned off.
    It does not matter if you are in PVE phase. You can click PVP flag by accident. Its easy to do if you are using keyboard and get all wild with your fingers. If you hit F1 by accident or by prompt to click F1 you can turn on your pvp flag with one slip of the finger if you are not paying attention.

Did you get a prompt to click F1 for your Halloween buckets? If so that might have been when you clicked your pvp flag on.
  19. >>>KIra<<< Dedicated Player

Could someone have sent you an invitation to a dual while you were on your inventory screen and may have agreed by mistake?
  20. Knarlydude Loyal Player

He said that his duels are turned off. The only prompt that he will get is that someone wants to duel. You cannot accept if duels are turned off. He would have to go to settings & physically turn on duels or send the player a duel invitation. Unless it has changed recently. :)