Will We Ever Get A Green Lantern Day?

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by TheOriginalCirocband, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Emerald Vibe Committed Player

I Agree i'm also a Huge GL fan, Lantern fans deserve more love & if it wasn't for me being a Lantern fan, i probably would have never found out about DCUO or start playing the game.
  2. Saturn Girl Committed Player

No, we'll never.
    DC Comics doesn't care about Green Lanterns, And only cares about Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, they've made a big deal of these 3 characters in years and also a symbol. Even though these 3 characters except Wonder Woman are not special but they're the symbols and choices of DC Company.
    I know right it sucks even though there are mounts of millions of pretty amazing characters in DC Comics, but can't do anything.
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

*re-reads statement*

*thinks about how long it took for DC to allow green auras in the game because of their protective tendencies towards a huge money-maker for them*

Yeah, you're right, DC doesn't care at all about Lanterns or Lantern lore. :rolleyes:
  4. Malachyte Devoted Player

Been a huge GL fan since I was a little kid....Love the Lanterns and all their stories....I think they have the best Lore in the DC Universe and in all fairness, there has been quite a bit of Lantern content in the game.

I just wish they would drop a Lantern themed uplink backup where constructs come out like they have with the Qwardians or Man-Bat
  5. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Green Lanterns are a part of DC Comics and DCUO, If we don't have the Green Lanterns Day, and DC doesn't care about the Green Lanterns as much as Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman, It doesn't mean that we can't have Green Lanterns in the game and their stuffs.
    And actually they don't care about lanterns that much, NOT "At all". Celebration Days are for the most famous ones, If we want to celebrate all of the characters creation day, We have to celebrate every day in year.
    I'm not against the Lanterns, But they are not one of the symbols of DC.
  6. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

Batman Day, Superman Day, and Wonder Woman Day are all anniversaries of the first appearances of the characters and are entirely created by DC Entertainment, not DCUO.

DCUO simply also celebrates what DC Comics/Entertainment says are the DC days to celebrate. But DCUO has no say in creating such celebrations. You want to talk to DC Entertainment, an entirely different corporation owned by different people from the owners of DCUO.
    • Like x 1
  7. MsTickle Fate Devoted Player

a) you are not a mind-reader. You have no privilege from which to declaim as to what anyone thinks or feels.

b) DC Comics is a corporation; it has no agency of its own and no feelings. It's run by people, and they largely do not operate off of sentiment; they have a business plan. Sentiment is irrelevant.

c) DC Comics/Entertainment has spent literally hundreds of millions of dollars making Green Lantern movies, both animated and the one live so far. They spend millions of dollars on advertising and licensing of GL characters.

Therefore: d) you're talking nonsense without connection to the real world, let alone supported by any evidence or metrics.

You do that a lot. It's one of the signs that you're very young and not out in the real world yet.

e) You mostly write in gibberish; working on your grammar and punctuation in English would help lessen that. Just a suggestion. No, it's not "mean." It's a suggestion.
    • Like x 2
  8. Saturn Girl Committed Player

No, I'm not a Mind-Reader. I definitely understand what I am reading and what I am typing, Nice of you if you are originally an American but you're the only one who knows the language, even sometimes you might have trouble with reading even if your first language is English, That's not the language's fault, Perhaps is the understanding issue. You literally didn't understand what you read, I said "Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman have been symbols during years" , yes that's right it's running by people, and DC Company mostly cares about these 3 characters because people have made symbols of these characters, DC company cares about Green Lanterns but not as much as those 3 important characters, They care and very well but not as much as Green Lanterns Day is important to celebrate.
    As I said I'm not against the Green Lanterns and I like them so much, I only tried to explain why this won't happen.
    If you think I am wrong or you are DC Company worker and know better. That's fine, you maybe ask your boss for a Green Lanterns Day in DCUO.
  9. Controller Devoted Player

DC would be smarter to DIVERSIFY around OTHER Superheroes, not just their Big Three.

While I "DO" love those three they are getting their butts kicked by Marvel.

Try OTHER stuff, DC - and no I don't mean Suicide Squad.