new thing in Gotham under siege? (Mepps should read it too)

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Eve, Sep 18, 2018.

1. Eve YouTuber

I'm still going there to do my quests to finish feats I have left,
    and Everytime I am there I see this:
    [IMG]

Villains or Heroes just standing there, even in the man-bat form and just blocking.
    They get the bosses killed and you can't complete the missions because of it.
    Why are people doing it? This is completely ruining it for others who just try to do
    their missions. Today it happened in two different missions I had. Like why? these people
    are cr 239+ what are you even doing there?

Edit: I have pictures & Names if I should report it I will. This is preventing people
    from completing their missions.
    • Like x 5
  2. willflynne 10000 Post Club

There's a part of me wondering if it's folks trying to farm Nth Metal without regard for other players. It might explain that and some players taking up a position in the "transform into an eagle and bomb invading Amazons" mission where they can take out the spawns right as they show up.
    • Like x 2
  3. Eve YouTuber

This is not okay because it prevents players from completing their missions. So I do not approve this method of getting nth metal.
    • Like x 1
  4. ALB Dedicated Player

Players are doing this and just not participating in content because there are no consequences. Same reason you see people in trade saying every cuss word. Reporting people take to much time and, in most times, nothing happens.
    • Like x 1
  5. Superman1955 Active Player

I don't agree with what they are doing but I am above cr 239 and still need to go there to complete feats etc. I still go to Amazon fury and do there missions..makes a change
  6. Eve YouTuber

I have no problem with it, I'm 245 and doing feats there. But if people just stand and block and the bosses\adds die,
    you can't complete feats or missions.
  7. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Use a ball trinket to push them out. They’ll get a nice surprise when they come back from afk’ing
    • Like x 6
  8. Eve YouTuber

They're not afk, they stand there and block.
  9. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

I’m struggling to wrap my mind around the special kind of stupid that would take, consideration Nth metal drops at timed intervals. Not being afk makes no sense. It would take less effort to just stand near by a group of adds that can be 1 shot and just kill an add every few minutes. 1 tap of a button every 5 minutes or sit there holding one endlessly? Hmm.

What make you think they’re not afk?
  10. Eve YouTuber

I see them blocking and then they stop and block again, they aren't just standing there they are blocking the bosses\adds.

Edit: You can't be afk and still block. You have to hold the button, see the picture.
  11. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Your character temporarily comes out of block and goes back in when you block for too long.

Either way, I doubt they are sitting there staring at their screen. The original point stands. Move them with a ball or annoy them with it until they go away.
    • Like x 1
  12. Eve YouTuber

That's not a solution. That's letting them get away with ruining it for others.
  13. TechWarrior0329 Steadfast Player

I'm the same way as a few of you.. The Alt I am working at the moment is CR 203 after last night but I am still running back to Gotham under Siege, along with a few other places, to complete feats......... I FINALLY got Mr. Freeze the other day but still need a few more missions/bounties to complete the armor those 4 drop. And yeah I have seen some of the exact same thing your talking about Skyy players that just don't seem to be really trying to accomplish much of anything just running around seeing how much of a PITA they can be. Now while it is a possibility if they are actually attacking and defeating MOBS they may be trying to mine Nth metal like willflynne mentioned but there are a couple things that I've seen that just don't work for that explanation. First off one thing I had happen was a Villain that was purposely running around setting off the mines in that area near the water front. Never actually grabbed one and tried to disarm and transport them .. Just make them active and explode so you couldn't disarm them Now last I checked you got awarded no Nth metal for anything like that. Next up Nth metal is not a Kill X number of minions and get X amount of NTH metal. True kill enough over a period of time and you will get drops but rushing in and killing a couple three man mobs and then running off is not a great farming technique.

The truly amazing part is that so far I haven't seen that usual post from some one saying "We are villains Its what we do!" My standard reply to that is .. No you are human being sitting at a Gaming console or a computer playing a game and seeing just how big of a jerk you can be because.. "Hey it's the internet No one knows who I am I can do what ever I want!" and before the posts erupt.. Yeah I am well aware heroes do the same things but it always seems to be villains that come on here using THAT reasoning to justify their in game TROLLING.

Sadly this is nothing new. heroes and Villains take turns being total jerks on that first mission in the Green/Yellow Lantern arc we all get before level 30. The DEV team set it up so mission objectives are totally different and you have no choice but to screw things up for the other faction to complete your mission. Of course we have that lovely group of players that will just camp there and see just how many players they can tick off. Same thing happens in the Wastelands.
    • Like x 2
  14. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

Trust me, it is. I’ve annoyed many a player out of a place I didn’t want them to be with a trinket...
  15. Hraesvelg Always Right

There are macro controllers, I think.

I know making a macro on PC for hitting block at particular intervals would be beyond trivial.
    • Like x 1
  16. AnonymousEUPS Dedicated Player

A rubber band on a control pad also works.
    • Like x 3
  17. useless Well-Known Player

Yea,that's probably what's going on.I play later evenings,around 23 and after.
    When i'm done with dailys and stuff i usually went to Central City for couple mins and kill 50-100 Paradox Reapers before i log of (yesterday hit that 5000 finaly got that hideous thing done).
    And every night there are at least two people in block stance in a central park.They are probably farming reapers,rubber band button and go to sleep (There was a cr250 tank there every night lol ).And thats ok,they do no harm to anybody.
    But blocking the bosses and ruining other players missions,thats ridiculous and mean,not sure if reported could get them warned or something.
    • Like x 4
  18. Eve YouTuber

Warning would be great, but I don't know. All I know that it was a nightmare to finish my missions today.
  19. AlanR80 Active Player

I had the similar problems doing the 'fire in the sky' missions, with people just kiiling off the NPC's in two hits. I decided to try and kill them off first to deprive them of the kills, after putting in shout 'Yo, you are stopping me from doing my mission', but realised once you have transformed once, killing the NPCs using your powers completes the objective :)
    • Like x 1
  20. Darth Piper Loyal Player

If they're off on the side dealing with adds that have nothing to do with completing missions... whatever. Block to your heart's content. When they're blocking mission completion then we have a problem.
    • Like x 1