Here's a Big Problem

Discussion in 'Gotham City (General Gameplay)' started by Saturn Girl, Sep 17, 2018.

1. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Hey devs.
    I have to tell you something. Why do you guys just take tooo×2 long to create a style. This ain't the first time, As just a very very few example Those growing eyes were requested about 2 years in the other thread , or the cover-the-shoulders/neck/arms/and etc... Have been requested MORE what is impossible in recent 3 years, indeed more than 100 times but now we only got 1 of them which belongs to Red Robin and you wouldn't have made this cape if the episode wasn't about the Teen Titans, even though we seriously expected that capes with too many different sizes, heights, looks, and ... long ago, here is the Bat aura, I just saw this reply from King Smoker a few mins ago which is for more that 1 year ago, isn't these whiles too long for only a few styles though you usually don't care about what players are requesting on these threads and after all desgin what you want. Alright then, I and all of us know that styles are not only responsiblity and you work other contents such as episodes and Powersets and weapons open worlds and duties, but as long as weapons and open worlds (till the Atlantis) and duties (Because you guys are just putting different ads and mobs in the old places and missions as new duties and not design our requested episodes except the Atlantis which is coming because of the movie not for our old requests) and as long as we all know that your styles designers are different and PS3 support is dropped , and as long as you see most your game's budget is from the membership and styles and people care about the styles too much more and pay for them more, you all better (and must) care about our requests more, so let's move some azz and do something , what are you waiting for!? PLEASE have most focus on requested styles and materials and auras and read these freaking threads and make them happen and don't just write down notes.
    We believe that the previous contents were good and work really nicely, But indeed can be way better, No need harder work to make you exhausted, Just more focus our requests. Please trust us, Trust the players, And THEIR IDEAS. We appreciate all jobs and want the best the both sides, You and Us.
  2. Hraesvelg Always Right

[IMG]
    • Like x 7
  3. willflynne 10000 Post Club

Okay, setting aside all the turmoil with the company overall that we know of (and probably a lot of stuff we DON'T know about on top of that) that has no doubt played a major factor in what we do and don't get and when we get it, I'm going to address something and (hopefully) disabuse some folks of a notion.

We are not the only ones Daybreak has to pay attention to and deal with. They've got a corporate partner in DC that has a far more powerful say in what can or can't go into the game, and what they say carries a lot more weight than any of our wishes/suggestions/demands. It's part and parcel of dealing with a licensed property. If the license holder says no, that's it. End of story. No amount of polite requests or outright forum temper tantrums will make a difference. Daybreak's partnership with DC can and will spark delays in getting requested items or complete denials in response to requests. It's always best to keep that in mind.

Now, as to the disabusing part: The customer is NOT always right. It's good for a company (especially one providing a service of some kind) to listen to their customers, but that does not mean the requests of the customers should always take priority. They have their own plans and things being put on the plates of their employees. They do have at least an obligation to listen to what we have to say, but that doesn't mean they have to do what we say, when we say it.

And to end on a bit of a lighter note, maybe the devs would trust us and listen more if we had something resembling a united voice. ;) We do tend to be a bit fractured in what we want, after all. :p
    • Like x 4
  4. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Everything has a time and place. They can't make all those requested styles and release them at the same time. This isn't the first time you've complained about this, take a seat and chill out.
  5. Caesar's Lion Dedicated Player

Telling the devs to move their azz is probably not gonna work out quite how you hope it will.
  6. Proxystar #Perception

I really struggled the read that.

Um so you want styles sooner? Is that the theme here?
    • Like x 3
  7. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

Welcome to Donning Costumes Universe Online.
    • Like x 1
  8. Hraesvelg Always Right

From what I gather, yes. Someone suggests something and they want it tout suite. It doesn't take into account things like someone liking the idea, getting approval from the various layers of bureaucracy (design directors? game directors? DC?), sketching out the idea, actually in-game modeling the idea, bug fixing, maybe sending it back to redesign if it looks awful, revisions, revisions, revisions. And that's just for ideas that aren't part of say, an episode and release schedule. I'm sure those take priority. It also involves more than one person, and everyone is juggling multiple tasks. I think the OP thinks someone can bang it out in an afternoon, LOL.

Didn't the DCUO team release some behind the scenes videos a while back about how the design process worked? Seems like that was the case, might give some insight into why things have a significant lead time. I'm sure there are other game development videos that can be looked up on YouTube.
    • Like x 1
  9. Saturn Girl Committed Player

[IMG]
  10. Saturn Girl Committed Player

Fine, if even the control of the whole styles designing of the company is in the hands of their partners DC company and WB . There's no problem, I'm silent.
  11. Proxystar #Perception

Not a problem I've heard through the grapevine they've sped the process up by arriving at work 1s earlier from now on.

You're welcome
    • Like x 1
  12. TheLorax 15000 Post Club

You do realize it takes weeks or months to make 1 item, right? And then it has to be approved by DC/WB before they can put it in the game, which can also take time if DC/WB doesn't like it.
    • Like x 1